“Simply outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Harrogate
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for Valentine's Day with my wife. It was a delight. Staff are outstanding, The food is delicious and the service outstanding. It was a pleasure to stay in the accessible room and the wet room was just a joy. I would strongly recommend to any disabled person. You also get a lovely personal massager and they come in different colours and sizes the more often you stay, just one of the many little touches that makes your stay special.

Room Tip: If you have a disability ask for the accessible room,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park for Valentine’s Day and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We are so happy to read that the accessible room we had allocated to you was to your liking and that you had a comfortable stay. At Rudding Park we try to cater to everyone’s requirements and want all of our guests to feel comfortable and at home and are so pleased that you experienced this during your stay. The wet room is just one of the many features we have in our rooms; some rooms even have a television and sauna in the bathroom, some with a private terrace so you can enjoy the beautiful Rudding grounds without even leaving your room!

Thank you for your ‘outstanding’ comments with regards to our staff and the service you received. These have of course been passed on to the relevant staff and departments concerned and are a constant source of motivation to us all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park in the near future and are already planning which member of the dotty family to give you next!

2,670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently attended a conference here and i was not disappointed. From the moment I arrived I felt that the service was exceptional.The porter straight away took my bags from me and deposited them in my room even though I hadnt checked in.When I came to leave he took the bags from me and asked if I would like them taken to the car whilst I went in for breakfast. Now thats what I call service. The rooms were lovely with Molton Brown toiletries and a very comprehensively stocked mini bar.The food was excellent. I have to say that the staff were extremely attentive and genuinely seemed to enjoy their work. Will definitely visit again in the near future

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel following a recommendation from a friend. We were celebrating our 10-year anniversary and wanted something special. The whole experience, from start to finish, was fantastic. We were greeted outside on arrival, the reception staff on entry were exceptionally helpful and friendly, and throughout the rest of our stay we were constantly greeted with a smile and 'hello' by staff that we passed in the corridors. We ate in the restaurant and the meal was faultless and well worth the money. Service once again was great! Comfortable rooms (we stayed in a suite), immaculately clean. We also used the spa facilities which were great - clean and very well run. Overall, just the luxury trip we wanted! Would recommend to anyone and would like to pass on our thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Our suite "Billing Suite" was lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park for you anniversary celebrations and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Happy 10th year anniversary once again from us all.

Thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our beautiful spa we were pleased to read that you enjoyed the use of all our facilities, we wonder what amazing treatment you had?!

How wonderful that you enjoyed your Clocktower experience and we are happy that everything was to your liking. We have of course shared your comments with our Head Chef, Eddie Gray who was equally as delighted to hear that your meal was ‘faultless!’

Finally, we can only thank you for your positive comments with regards to our staff and Hotel. These have of course been passed on to the relevant staff and departments concerned and are a constant source of motivation to us all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park in the near future.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for my Birthday weekend at beginning of March. I cannot fault the hotel on any point. The staff were very attentive and eager to please which is just a breath of fresh air nowadays! We stayed in room 166 and felt it was just perfect. I could not decide on a shower or bath so had to have both! The room overlooked a lovely park area and would be ideal in the Summer as chairs and table were provided to sit out in your own little patio area. A complimentary bottle of sparkling Rose was on ice when we entered our room with a little birthday card and after our exquisite dinner under the pink chandelier in the Restaurant an extra suprise of a beautifully decorated plate in chocolate hand written Happy Birthday upon it with more chocolates! BLISS! I fully intend to come back to this wonderful utopia!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a beautiful review following your experience. We are all so thrilled that you and your partner enjoyed your stay for your birthday celebrations.

We love treating our guests especially on their birthday and are very pleased that you liked your card and bottle of rose, as well as the birthday chocolates in the Clocktower - Happy Birthday once again from us all.

We were pleased to read that you felt all our staff were ‘very attentive and eager to please’. Being friendly, polite and helpful is what we all pride ourselves on and we are delighted that you felt this.

We are so happy that the room we allocated to you was perfect, we love room 166 too which is located in our beautiful Follifoot Wing with its own terrace, which is like you said ‘ideal in the summer’ - where you can sit and enjoy the lovely surroundings while drinking rose!

We can’t wait to welcome you back to Rudding Park soon – perhaps in the summer where you can then take full advantage of the beautiful terrace in your room!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My mother and I have just returned from a four-night stay at this exquisite hotel and can safely say it has been the best hotel stay we have ever had (and we have stayed in hotels around the world). This is the first time I have ever written on Trip Advisor, but wanted to make the effort, to really thank everyone at Rudding Park. I chose the hotel based on recommendations on this website and even though the reviews are effusive, they completely matched the reality. We had a room each in the Follifoot wing, had treatments in the spa and dined at the Clocktower every night. Celebrating Mother's day and my birthday, we both felt more pampered, rested and relaxed than we have for years. The service we received from EVERY single member of staff (impossible to single anyone out) was impeccable and made the visit an absolute pleasure. Our interconnecting rooms were spacious, warm, modern and clean, with a lovely fresh smell (and we have high standards!) - with very comfortable beds - and every guest convenience was thought of, from a laptop-sized safe, to plugs being near the mirrors, to magnifying mirrors in the rooms. We had nice views from our large windows without being overlooked at all, and even though the weather made our excursions from the hotel more limited, we happily spent each day in the hotel - enjoying our rooms (which were pin-drop quiet, even though we understood there to be a wedding on each night), watching DVDs on the hotel's DVD player, sat in the conservatory reading the multitude of papers and enjoying cream tea, or sat in the Mackeness room, soaking up the atmosphere by the fire. The sax and guitar player on Friday night in the bar was a nice touch - as was the range of books in the library, and the weather reoprt cards at turn-down each evening. I had a Hammam treatment and my mother had a facial, along with a pedicure and manicure each, which we both found luxurious and Charlotte and Alice looked after us all day in the spa. My birthday night was made extra special by having a specially-decorated dessert, as the Clocktower staff had overheard me mention it was my birthday - and thank you for the advice on the dessert wines, too. Breakfast each day was an unexpected highlight - as most hotels can be chaotic at breakfast - it was a relaxed, calm and professional experience. The food was delicious, plentiful and cooked to order - and everything was served in a timely, coordinated way. At one point, my mother said 'excuse me' to ask for something and I saw three passing staff spin on their heel to turn and immediately attend to her request. We have never felt more looked-after. All the staff we encountered said hello, gave big beaming smiles, remembered little details, chatted etc - they are a credit to the hotel and the management. Over the course of four nights, I had the best scallops I have ever had, my mother particularly enjoyed the chocolate and cherry marquis and we found all the food to be of a very high standard, with wonderful flavours, and beautifully cooked and presented. We are both very sad to have left and are already planning our next visit. We genuinely feel as though this experience has set the bar so high, we may not want to stay anywhere else. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly - and am so glad that we have found it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Wow thank you so much for writing such a lovely review and for making the effort to write your first trip advisor on us - we are speechless. We could not have written a nicer review ourselves! We have to comment on the title - which is amazing! We might have to steal this and use it on our press releases, I can just see it under a picture of our hotel ‘This isn’t just service.. this is Rudding Park service!’ – Thank you it made us all laugh.

We are so pleased that you selected Rudding Park to celebrate Mother's day and for your birthday and want to wish you a happy birthday once again from us all. We were extremely pleased to read that you and your mother both felt pampered, rested and relaxed – we aim to please and can rest in the knowledge that we exceeded in making you and your mother have a memorable trip.

We are thrilled that the rooms which we had allocated to you and your mother were to your liking as we have high standards too and are very proud of all are 90 bedrooms. We can say with a huge smile that we can cater to anyone’s needs and we honestly have thought of every detail to ensure all are guests have a comfortable and pleasurable stay.

We are pleased that you also enjoyed your spa treatments and spa experience and have shared your comments with Charlotte and Alice who were both left smiling with delight that you enjoyed your visit to our spa so much.

Every Friday evening we hold a Jazz night and are delighted that you got to experience this on your visit. We have various musicians that play and are happy that the sax and guitar player in the bar last Friday were to your liking.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and here at Rudding Park we can’t let our guest start the day without a good one and are pleased that you experienced this. We have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager, Stephane Legendre who was equally as thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service at breakfast and that you felt ‘it was a relaxed, calm and professional experience’.

Thank you so much for your amazing comments about our Clocktower restaurant. I can’t express how much of a delight it was to read and to receive such compliments. We are just over the moon that over the course of all four nights everything was to your taste. We have passed on your lovely comments to our Head Chef, Eddie Gray who was so happy to hear all the lovely things you said. We put a tremendous amount of effort and time into our menu; making sure we offer and provide only the best locally sourced foods that our highly trained chefs cook and present beautifully to ensure our guests are happy.

I would also like to say your mother has fantastic taste!! The chocolate and cherry marquis are a particular Rudding Park favourite if only they served that in our staff canteen!

Now you have found us there is no need for you to stay anywhere else and on that final note we will see you very soon!

Kind regards

The Rudding Park team
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. My partner surprised me with a trip here for my birthday and I was amazed by the whole experience. When we arrived we were greeted by the concierge who was most friendly and helpful. The reception staff again were helpful, sorted out the problem of the booking being made in the wrong name (wrong spelling!) and we had a complimentary upgrade to a folifoot suite.

We could not fault the room at all. A private patio, a steam room in the shower, a nice big bath and a huge bed, all finished off nicely with the Molton Brown toiletries, from start to finish the stay at Rudding park was a luxury experience.

The location of the hotel means Harrogate centre is not too far away (Betty's tea room is highly recommended!)

We went for dinner in the clocktower resturant and again were not dissapointed, the atmosphere, the food, the service, everything was 5*. We then made our way to the bar, and had the most enjoyable evening. You must try the bar tenders cocktails, he will make one to suit your taste to perfection! We loved watching him make them, thinking about what would go best together, and most of all it was refreshing to see people who love their jobs!

Breaksfast again, was faultless.

I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone, I am already thinking about when we can go again, this time to try the spa!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding reception at Rudding Park on March 9th, 2013. We also stayed on for a couple of nights to celebrate mother's day and relax a little. We have just got back home now prior to leaving for honeymoon, and all that I want to do is heap praise upon the staff of Rudding Park. The hotel, spa, grounds & golf course are absolutely beautiful, but the clincher for us when picking a reception venue, and also what made our day and our stay ultimately amazing was the staff. Every single one of them was absolutely first rate at their job, and anything else you could find for them to do for you. Nothing was too much. Every action carried out with a smile and with care and skill. Always available, always helpful, always humourous when appropriate and always ready to go that extra mile. You can build a decent hotel in a pretty location any day of the week with enough cash, but you cannot build the human touch which makes Rudding Park the gem which it is. My wife & I would both heartily recommend visiting Rudding Park, and we would both like to extend our thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: We went for the best suite we could find due to it being our wedding night, but having visited previ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Well first of all wow what an amazing title it captured us straight away and we knew then it would be a pleasure to read your review and we weren’t disappointed – Thank you so much!

A huge congratulations from us all here at Rudding Park and we would like to wish you a marriage filled with love and joy! Thanks for picking us as a venue for your reception and we were thrilled that are amazing staff helped to make your day so special and that it was our staff that was ‘the clincher when picking a venue’!

We really care about all our guests and love providing you all with an exceptional and helpful service and honestly nothing is ever too much trouble for us, we all love our jobs and smiling and caring is just what comes naturally to us all. Your wonderful comments are what motivate us and we will always strive to improve our service even more.

We love your room tip and we agree ‘you can’t go wrong with any’ we are very proud of all of our beautiful bedrooms and suites and your right it always pays to ask us for a room upgrade, as we do try to upgrade our loyal guests when we have availability.

Thank you for amazing comment that you can build a decent hotel anywhere but you cannot buy or build the human touch and this is what makes Rudding Park stand out and we love it!

Have a brilliant honeymoon and we look forward to seeing you when you get back!

The Rudding Park Team

Been to Rudding Park Hotel? Share your experiences!