“Great Hotel. Good location.” 5 of 5 stars

Kimberley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 - 19 Kings Rd, Harrogate HG1 5JY, England   |
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Hotel. Good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just returned from a 2night stay with an online voucher deal. We were In a deluxe room in the annexe which was superb with a huge bathroom, comfy bed, and everything you needed. Also the annexe is really quiet with views over woodland and lots of wildlife to be seen.
The breakfast was really good with a good
buffet selection and you could order other food cooked to order. Dining room very pleasant to eat in but not the area where the buffet is because it's too hot. The decor is very modern with some lovely pictures/mirrors.
It's only a short walk into town so you can leave your car at the hotel.
We would definitely stay there again but would request a deluxe room in the annexe.
Overall a lovely break in a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner on a 2 nights b&b for two at £79 deal, we were allocated room 3007 in the annexe which was lovely,biggest room I've ever stayed in,tasteful decor and massive bath,bed was big however was two singles pushed together and even with double bedding over a gap still forms,as a 4 star hotel I think doubles should come standard. Large tv in room but digital signal was a bit dodgy at times and apparently the hotel has wireless internet but me & my partner could not find it on out phones?Bed was comfy but pillows were too hard.the location was peaceful and we heard no noise from guests above or next door so walls seemed thicker than in other hotels which was a bonus. We had afternoon tea which was nice but I did feel portions were small for the price. Also looked at hotel menu and seemed overpriced compared to nearby restaurants. Breakfast was ok...eggs were a bit cold and beans tasted cheap.lots of choice tho but sit far from the food because it gets unpleasantly hot at the tables nearby.service from all staff was prompt and polite.i don't feel they explained the pre authorisation very well,they freeze £50 in your bank account on arrival and told me it wouldn't affect my balance,even tho I am aware that even when unspent it can take up to a week for this money to be unfrozen and available to access!this should be made clear incase some people actually don't have a lot in their account!i also feel that parking should be included in the price.the hotel is in a good location and I would return again.

• Stayed June 2012
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My other half and I booked this hotel via KGB Deals so we did only pay £80 for two nights but even this was a bit steep considering what we got! When we got to the hotel there was nowhere to park and on check in the receptionist couldn't have been more blasé, I doubt she even looked at either one of us. I already wasn't impressed and then came the room....... Now I know we got this hotel at a 'discounted' price but had I have paid a penny more I would have been absolutely livid! The room was tiny, really tiny.In their defence it was clean though. We had a delightful view of the crammed car park (which you had to pay £6 a night for) and it looked nothing like any of the images I'd seen on the website. There was no valance on the bed so the bare divan was on full view, there was no toilet roll holder (however there was a hole in the wall where there had once been one) and there was constant reminders everywhere of how much you'd get fined if you stole or broke anything. Then came breakfast. All I can describe it as is a complete shambles and one member of staff called 'Karen' was unspeakably rude, I could say more but I shall leave it at that. I was appalled. I wouldn't stay here again for free.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1109 if you'r claustrophobic!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Kimberley and we weren't disappointed.

Very warm welcome from the man on reception and some useful tips on where to eat, and where to as well.

Stayed in a deluxe room in the annex which was spacious clean and comfortable. Did not eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the food.

Went into the bar a couple of times, but we were the only customers, so it was a bit soulesss.

The Kimberley is a short walk from the town centre and in a very quiet location.

I would recommend rooms in the annex and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Arrived at 7.30pm to be told they had no booking even though booking was made 3 weeks prior blamed late rooms.com. Told me I should have rang them to confirm booking even with my emailed confirmation. Had booked 2 double rooms for my daughter & myself as no booking they told us they would upgrade us from standard rooms 1st room twin not double so we decided we would share to be told we would have to pay for both rooms anyway even they they had no booking for us. After 20mins & a conversation with the manager he agreed to allow us to share. Well the room first impressions dark poor quality 2 single children's size beds mismatch of furnishings, dark stain on the ceiling, no heating, mirror fallen off the wall & balanced on dressing table. Requested some heating Manager brought alone a electric blow heater. I dread to think the rooms we could have been in if this was an upgrade. Worst stay ever would not recommend. Mrs A Barry Bristol.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at the Kimberley after reading reviews on trip adviser. Booked an executive room which was very spacious with a good sized bathroom and was located in the annexe at the back of the hotel.
Dined in the restaurant on one night which was very good. Parking is a bit tight in the hotel car park at the rear but we arrived early and there was enough room for us. Any latecomers may have a problem though.
Overall a nice hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed here after buying a voucher from a website offering discounts, it's about 5-10min walk to the town centre. Parking is first come basis & costs £6per night, very secure too. Our room was in the Annexe & was a very spacious room with a very comfy bed, huge TV on the wall, bathroom was very clean & the whole room was tastefully decorated throughout.
Breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of freshly cooked items to choose from also the usual cereals on offer too. I didn't need to eat after i had a huge breakfast until about 7pm i was full!!!
The bar is also very nice with a good range of alcohol & bit over priced but this is Harrogate!
I found the The staff to be very pleasant, including the housekeeping.
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: try to book a room in the annexe, i found the rooms are spacious & very nice it's also peace...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kimberley Hotel? Share your experiences!