“Fantastic party for 8” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 22 activities in Harrogate
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The ultimate outdoor adventure! Whether you are looking for something exciting to do with friends or family or an outdoor corporate teambuilding day, the experience at Log Heights is a must and will be talked about for years! Regardless of age or fitness level, our ropes course activities are designed to challenge everyone. Swinging from the top of the trees or having fun lower down, there's something for everyone. Come and see for yourself!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic party for 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Booked this for a birthday party for my 12 year old daughter and 7 friends. All I can say it was fantastic. Obviously the setting is wonderful and we were blessed with a beautiful autumnal day. Lots of sunshine. The leader was wonderful. He really got the girls interested from the first minute. He was funny and friendly but very relaxed. The time flew by and the girls spend time on 2 pieces of equipment. The first was Jacob's ladder. This was great fun and really concentrated on team work and once they worked out the best way to help each other they could get higher. The second was the "leap of faith" This is where the leader was particularly brilliant. He could sense when to stretch and encourage and when someone needed to be treated more gently. Many of the girls were terrified and said that they couldn't do it. All bar one, however, got to do the leap of faith and were so proud of themselves. Even someone who didn't do the leap of faith actually climbed to the top of the equipment and flew down using the ropes. All of them had a great time and still talk about it.
I know it is quite a high cost (considering you will still have to provide food and drink), but I think it was good value for the experience, location and expertise of the leader.
Highly recommended

Visited November 2012

Mountain View, California
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My 10 year old daughter is rather adventurous, nothing scares her and she wants to do and try everything, so I thought this would be a great thing for her to do. I'm nowhere near as crazy, and don't like heights, but thought I would do it with her as I wasn't sure she would get as much out of the experience on her own. As it turned out, she would have been fine doing this on her own, as you can walk around to the activities with the group and take photos...

We were in a group with 2 other girls, 9 and 7 (I think), their Dad, and a 15 year old boy and his Dad. It was a really nice group, which was great as you really have to work together. If you don't want to socialize this isn't for you, you really have to help other people out and communicate. It was funny watching the girls trying desperately to be the first to do each activity, and the adults desperately trying to be the last to do each one.

We did Jacobs ladder, the leap of faith (can't believe I did this) a wire activity course and lastly walking the beam 45 foot in the air. Our leader was fantastic, he was extremely encouraging, very safety consious, good fun, and worked really hard. He had my daughter doing all kinds of silly things, which included a chicken dance (her idea) and hanging like a sloth by her legs 45 feet in the air. I didn't think I would be able to make it on to the beam, but through lots of encouragement and some white lies of how far I had to go, I made it.

This afternoon was definately the highlight of my daughters 10 day vacation in England, 2 months later she is still talking about it as the best thing she has ever done. Me, I've got sweaty palms just writing this review.

Thank you for a great afternoon and some wonderful memories.

Visited August 2012
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thanks for your review, great to hear that we can have such a lasting impact! I must admit I did the leap of faith for the first time 14 years ago and can still remember it as if it were yesterday!!!

James Gaston
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Booked a three hour session for my two sons, aged 8 and 10 and we obvioulsy joined in too! It was the most amazing experience, a real adrenalin high! The leader was great, he pushed us but never beyond what we could achieve, he got it just right! I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited September 2012
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
It gives us great pleasure to hear about how rewarding your experience was. We make sure that groups are with technicians the whole time to make sure they can get the most possible from a session and are not left by themselves at any time.

Hope to see you all again in the future!
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Teenage Thrills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Bought the expience for my two sons aged fifteen and fourteen. They are pretty fearless and not easily impressed but thoroughly enjoyed the three hour experience Instead of a high rise obstacle course which they simply made their way around, which they have done serveal times before, this consisted of a series of challenges all led by an enthusastic instructor. The activities and the instructor encouraged team work at all times so although initially strangers all participant were genuinely helping and routing for each other by the end. The setting, in Ripley castle grounds, is also stunning. Very well organised and would highly recommend.

Visited September 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Log Heights Childrens Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My eight year old wanted to have a different kind of party this year. It was suggested by a friend that he may like Log Heights. To be fair at this stage I should say that if you are scared of heights then this is not the party for you! The mixed group of children aged 8 to 11 had a fabulous time. They were given a climbing harness and hard hat. Our intructor (Darren) was very child friendly. He was extreemely informative, safety was always the main concern. Both parents and kids had a laugh and embraced the adventure. I opted for the 1.5 hour party. This gave the kids plenty of time to experience two activities. Log Heights made the kids step out of their comfort zone and enabled them to work as a team. It was a fabulous afternoon.

Visited August 2012