“Great stay in Harrogate made even better by this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Townhouse Bed and Breakfast

Townhouse Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Townhouse Bed and Breakfast
43 Strawberry Dale Avenue, Harrogate HG1 5EA, England   |
Ranked #41 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay in Harrogate made even better by this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. From the greeting received on arrival we felt right at home from the start. The rooms were clean and the decore in keeping with the building. The bathroom was modern and very easy to use.

My Partner and I decided to have a little break away from home just for one night and we could not have picked a better location. I have never been to Harrogate before so wanted to be in the centre. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the pubs, shops and quante tea rooms that make Harrogate a lovely place to visit. The beds are very comfy and there is no shortage of pillows that you sometimes find in more unpersonalised establishments. The breakfast in the morning was superb. I travel a lot with work and stay in very good hotels throughout london and manchester, but I can tell you now, that this breakfast surpassed them all. All in all I feel that my stay in Harrogate was made better for staying at this hotel. Whenever I get chance to go away for a night or two I always try and book little B & B's like this, you can not get the same level of care and attention to detail with large hotels.

I'm just disappointed in myself as I should have booked longer, but trust me I wil be booking again soon.

Chrissie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Masham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast for one night, even though we spent very little time here due to attending a wedding reception at the very close by Majestic Hotel we both felt very welcome d by the owners! We stayed in the White Room, which is on the top floor, the room is well presented with shower and basin in the room and a separate toilet. Breakfast was freshly made to order with a wide range of options on the menu for a cooked breakfast and a wide range of fruit, fruit juices, cereal, yoghurt and croissants available too!!
Overall the stay was very short but the owners are very welcoming and helpful. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
york uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the townhouse last weekend and had a twin room and a double room. Harrogate hotels are in general over priced and pretentious so I wasn't sure what to expect for this reasonable price. I was so impressed I had to review.
Firstly the Bed and Breakfast is immaculately and tastefully decorated, the rooms are clean, well presented, classic but modern (if that makes sense) and bathrooms very chic and the beds amazingly comfy. Secondly the location is amazing - in the centre literally 2 mins walk from everything. Thirdly we were provided with free parking a real bonus in a city centre. And finally the owners were brilliant, they were pleasant and friendly, made an amazing breakfast and literally could not do enough to cater for our every need. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone going to harrogate - BRILLIANT.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Colwyn Bay, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were looking for a hotel close to the conference centre and found this one. It is in a great location, the owners were very welcoming and we had a thoroughly excellent experience. I was able to park my car right outside and the room was great even down to the daily twin bar with the tea and coffee!

John and Clare were great hosts and John is a great chef and breakfast was excellent. John even gave me a great technique for doing perfect poached eggs, what more could I ask for!

Room Tip: Only three rooms. Ours was great....right at the top...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had a lovely two night stay here. The room was comfortable and charmingly decorated, and with a lovely shower. Jon and Clare were very friendly hosts and the breakfast was really yummy with plenty to choose from. I would happily stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The B&B was booked through work as we were working at a nearby show. What a find! Clare was the perfect host. She even ironed our uniforms for us! The rooms were very comfortable and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was excellent. If I ever go back to Harrogate for a leisure trip I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: The Oyster Room was lovely, huge comfortable bed!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

A real find - Jon and Clare are just great hosts and very helpful and friendly. Well located, very clean and comfortable and a delicious breakfast too. Everything you can hope to get at a good B&B. Well priced for Harrogate as well. B&B parking spots reserved too. Will definitely use again and happily recommend to others.

Room Tip: There are quite steep stairs to all the rooms - but Jon and Clare were on hand on the way in and out...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Townhouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!