“Classic restaurant of yesteryear” 4 of 5 stars

The Harrogate Brasserie Hotel
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   26-30 Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate HG1 1DB, England   |
Ranked #50 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Classic restaurant of yesteryear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I have been for Sunday lunch today and I was very impressed with the quality of the food and the fair prices charged, The waiting staff demonstrated the highest standards of service coupled with a down to earth attitude. To cut a long story short I will be going back.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have just spent a lovely weekend here and enjoyed every minute. We had a fantastic meal on Friday night , the staff were attentive and extremely helpful and the atmosphere was great! We stayed in room 10 which was large and perfect for a weekend away. Our breakfast didn't disappoint either, lots of choice and the cooked option was lovely. Because it is right in the city centre, we parked the car on Friday night and didn't use it again until Sunday when we left. We would definately recommend the hotel .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had a meal here recently, we really enjoyed the food but were let down by our waiter for a few reasons. Firstly, when ordering, I asked for the pork for main but with no black pudding, as I don't like it and thought it's better not to just go to waste. The waiter simply raised his eyebrows and pulled a face which both myself and my partner saw. I then felt the need to ask if my request was ok to do, as he seemed put out or offended for some reason. Surely it is the customers choice what they want?, they should not feel judged by the staff, and in my eyes it was just a straightforward request!

Secondly I had the chicken liver parfait to start. You get what I would consider, a very large portion of the parfait with a few small slices of Melba toast. I had eaten everything on the plate except a bit of the parfait because I ran out of the toast which I'm sure isn't unusual for the size. Instead of just asking 'was everything ok with the starter?' he came over and immediately said in a bit of an off way 'you didn't like that?' making me feel like I had left a lot of food which I hadn't. I explained that it was just that it was a large portion and that I'd run out of toast. If he thought something was the matter he should have asked in a more polite way.

Thirdly we asked what the cheesecake of the day was and he said he would find out. The restaurant wasn't overly busy but he seemed to instantly forget that we'd asked. We had to try and get someone else's attention instead.

Overall, it was a good meal but we didn't appreciate how the waiter was with us. It felt as if we were a hassle to him just by being there or offending him in some way. If he hadn't been like this, we would have had a much more enjoyable experience.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
JARROW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Vsited on Thursday 27th for one night. On first impression room looked lovely. We checked in at 2pm and left to meet friends for rest of day. Returned to the room at 11pm, all was quiet place all in darkness no one around. Went to room, tried to make cup of tea, kettle did not work. Tried to switch on tv, remote control did not work, so tried all buttons on top of tv which was up on wall, we managed eventually. Next as it was Black Friday we needed the internet to shop for Grandchildren, but we were not surprised no luck at all, we tried from 11 30 until 12 30am, so missed out on bargains, we were so mad to say the least. Lastly was bedside lamps only one worked no surprise really. Breakfast next morning was ok but we will not be visiting again. Must say we did get reduction on room after we told of our mishaps. On reflection should only paid for breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't rely on wifi in room 8 HOPELESS
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay. Richard and all his team were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We loved the individuality of this hotel and stayed in room 5 which was large and full of character. We ate both nights in the restaurant and the food was cooked to order and of top quality and excellent value for money. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and locally produced food. The hotel has parking around the back but is in a perfect place for Harrogate Centre and if you want to travel in by train is only a few minutes walk from the station. Would recommend to anybody and will definately go back.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Congresbury Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Any foodies out there must give this hotel a try. Stayed 3 nights so tried various combinations from menue. All the meals were outstanding and better than some hotels that have two rosettes! Staff were friendly and efficient, and there was live jazz/music in the bar/restaurant each night. Located centrally, it is a really quirky place and well worth a visit. Rooms are unusual and need to be seen!

• Stayed November 2014
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The perfect place for a fun, enjoyable and all round lovely weekend away. We had a family room this time so plenty of room

Traffic noise is subdued by good double glazing and after another beautiful meal listening to the jazz on a Friday, we had the perfect evening. We've stayed here many times and if there was one small suggestion, it would be to have king size beds where possible in the rooms

Room Tip: Even if solo, take a double room. It's worth it
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Harrogate Brasserie Hotel? Share your experiences!