“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Burntisland, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, each in a double room, single occupancy and it was fab. The rooms are quirky, each one being different but very cosy and comfy. All the staff were really friendly and helpful, Graham who was there at breakfast even going out to buy Lacto free milk for me so I could have cereal when he realised I was lactose intolerant. The hotel is also perfectly situated opposite 2 great restaurants and the evening we ate dinner in the hotel itself, we had a lovely meal, I will definitely be back, can't fault it or the staff.

Room Tip: I was at the front and there was a little road noise but I didn't find it a problem as I use ear...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Shipley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely stay at this hotel as a half term treat and late Valentines night away. We got to the hotel and received a fabulously warm welcome. Our room was huge and the bathroom was also massive.
It wasn't quite perfect due to the tv not having a high enough quality signal to tune in. This didn't bother us as it wasn't why we had visited and I am sure we could have moved room if we had asked. The WiFi reception was also poor but again, it did not really matter.
We opted to go and eat in the buzzing restaurant and the food was exceptionally tasty. Live music was provided by a talented musician called Ed Shakespeare who did an acoustic mix of all kinds of music from different eras and he chatted to the diners and thanked them for support after his performance. Wine flowed and we had a wonderful evening. The restaurant had a great relaxed atmosphere. Service was quick and staff were friendly and efficient and clearly ran a well-oiled machine. The decoration of the area was quirky and tasteful too.
We both slept well in a very comfy bed and warm room. Breakfast was also lovely and the black pudding was the best I have had. The hotel was also happy to store our overnight bags as we had come on the train and wanted to go for a wander around Harrogate.
We did have a great time and we would certainly go back and suggest the hotel and restaurant to family and friends.

Room Tip: I accidentally rated the hotel as having fitness facilities and a pool but they don't and can...
Cambridgeshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel and when we first arrived we were thrilled with the garden room we had been allocated, beautiful large room with a double bed, sofa, tv and the hugest bathroom you can imagine. It was explained that during the evening it would be noisy as it was below the kitchens, but as the kitchen closed at 9:30 it would quieten down then and as they use a different kitchen for breakfast there would be no noise in the morning.

We had a lovely evening in the restaurant, great food and drink, wonderful jazz band and a lovely chat with the locals.

Unfortunately, at 6:30 am we were woken by heavy plodding footsteps from above, items of furniture being dragged across the floor and items being dropped. This went on for half an hour, and when I went up the stairs (still in my pj's!!) to ask them to stop, the charming breakfast chef had no apology, instead he just shrugged and said it wasn't his problem, he has to get the breakfast on the go. The noise didn't stop so we ended up with a very early rise!!

I must reiterate, this hotel is a little gem and the restaurant brilliant, unfortunately it was tainted by the noise from above and next time I booked I would ask for an upstairs room.

Room Tip: One upstairs away from the stomping chef!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner went to harrogate for our anniversary last year, we ate at this restaurant and enjoyed it that much that we went again this year. I have never been to a place like it before, it's so quirky but romantic at the same time. There was the jazz band on which were brilliant and to say I don't normally like jazz I was singing along to it. The wine we choose was lovely and the food was amazing, I had the garlic mushrooms which I could have eaten 3 times over. The service was first class and we are definatly going to be going again next year!!

• Stayed February 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed over valentines in one of the apartments very clean very smart . The staff where very friendly , the place is full of character and very central , we were originally going to eat out in Harrogate but was drawn to eat in the restaurant by the attraction of the live music and the quirkiness that got our curiosity the smell of the food got our attention !!! The music and food was par excellence and my gorgeouse valentine was very impressed and extremely grateful !! Will be back soon !!

yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not stayed here before but was not disappointed. The room was very nice and the staff were very friendly. The restaurant had great atmosphere and the food was excellent. Live music gave it the edge. The breakfast was outstanding. Best sausages I've ever had!! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

we stayed in the apartment for two nights and it was really spacious. The bed was soft and the bedding was warm.
The apartment has its own central heating which made it very cosy.
we didnt try the resaurant as we had alread booked elswhere but the food looked great and people were commenting on how good it was
breakfast was good the staff were very helpful and cheerful
would definitely stay there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Harrogate Brasserie Hotel? Share your experiences!