“Stopover stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Stopover stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night to break up a long journey. The location of the hotel is perfect if you're travelling north-south (or vice versa!) along the A1, although I was glad I looked the hotel up first on google maps as when we arrived it was very dark! The car park wasn't particularly welcoming - not very well lit and felt a bit dodgy, but the car was fine so can't have been that bad :)
Staff on reception were very helpful. The restaurant/bar area looked very welcoming although we didn't use it on our stay - would've probably liked breakfast but not at over £8.
The room was very clean, as was the bathroom, although one of the first things we noticed was the interconnecting door to the next bedroom. I didn't think that would be a problem, but in future I'd probably ask to move rooms if there's an interconnecting door as later on the noise from the people snoring next door was constant! (Luckily I was so tired I was able to sleep anyway.) We'd only paid £19 for the room which I thought was an absolute bargain for such a clean and friendly hotel. Would definitely stay here again, but hopefully not in same room!

Room Tip: If you've got an interconnecting door and noisy neighbours, be prepared for a somewhat disturbed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Battle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have family nearby and stayed here again last week. As usual the room was clean and modern. My daughters, with their families, also had good rooms. The family room is enormous. We had a family event to go to before the official check in time. The staff kindly arranged for one of the rooms to be cleaned early, so we could use it to change out of our travelling clothes. There were no tutts or moaning, they just quickly sorted it out for us. I will certainly be staying here again and will happily recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask if the family room is free.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I came to visit Peterborough to attend my sisters wedding and I must say it was the friendliest hotel Ive ever been to. Everyone there made the effort to ask how my day was and if I needed anything at all. The lady who checked me I believe her name was Sarah was very helpful and let know all of the restaurant times as well as letting me know that reception was open 24 hours for anything I may have needed. I wasnt expecting to have a big room as the prices were very good but it was lovely and large with a very nice clean en-suite bathroom.

I would recommend this hotel for its staff, rooms and yummy breakfast to anyone!

Thankyou for a lovely stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel following a wedding so arrived late in the evening. Very clean,spacious room and very smart,friendly staff who bent over backwards to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Would strongly recommend this hotel and will use every time I visit the city.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Rooms were very clean and surprisingly large for what they charge per night. The location is handy, since it is right off the motorway. If you do not have a car, do NOT stay here. You must call for a cab to get anywhere. Besides that, the staff were cheerful, the rooms were comfortable and there is a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel that serves good enough food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Witham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here overnight on boxing day on our way to visit family the next day, so we wanted somewhere easy to get to from the a1.This was the perfect location, less than a minute off the a1, easy to find, and a good price.

While the hotel has a bar and restaurant, Peterborough services are only 5 minutes up the road so that's where we stopped for food.

The room and service was exactly as you would expect from a Premier Inn, so I have only mentioned the things specific to this hotel, and I would highly recommend it, and we will probably use it again.

• Stayed December 2012
Canterbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very spacious family room for 4. Couldn't hear A1 at all. Attractive coffee lounge was warm n welcoming. Evening staff were lovely and Natalie in the restaurant couldn't have been nicer to our young kids. Only downside was the fire alarm briefly going off at 12.30am (powercut) which scared the life out of our kids and that in the snowy morning the heating was off in our room, but still a far nicer place than i was expecting.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Premier Inn Peterborough - A1(M) Jct 16? Share your experiences!