“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Paper Mills - an excellent place to eat, good, varied menu, decently priced. Friendly and efficient staff.

Visited October 2012

78% Recommend
“An expensive disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The menu was very limited, no disabled access to the restaurant so we had to eat in the draughty bar. Food was very expensive and not very special, although the portion size was alright. My poached fruit dessert should not have been served on a plate, because when it was brought to the table, the fruit juice spilled into my lap and my handbag. I felt sorry for the waitress.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing atmosphere - fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here for saturday lunch. Absolutely fab food. Excellent wine. What more do you want. I would recommend to anyone. We were not rushed at all.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“So sorry we have overlooked this for so long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The first time my husband and I went to this pub was a few years ago. A welcome break whilst walking our dog from Alwalton to Wansford and back again. Sated by a pint of cider and a delicious baguette each, we continued, homeward bound.

Today, we again visited the Paper Mills. Though this time we were booked in for a 'proper' lunch, with our three year old daughter and my mum and dad.

All I can say is why oh why did we not come back sooner?

As soon as we walked through the door, we knew the place was obviously popular! As busy as it was though, the service we received was impeccable. Friendly, polite, efficient, but at no time did we feel rushed.

As for the food? Wow! Delicious, generous and beautifully presented.

What more could you ask for? Tasty food, great service and relaxed ambience .

A perfect Sunday lunch!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cambridgeshire
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday Lunch time, I would say this was a better experience than when we ate outside in the summer.
We booked a table ahead and were shown to a table in the snug, which was nicely placed I thought. Rather than a Sunday roast we chose a fish dish and lamb shank. My lamb shank was exceptionally good, husband found the fish a little bland, and also his ice cream was nice, but nothing too special. Conversly I thought my meal was excellent altogether, and the pub feels nice and clean without sacrificing its character.

• Visited January 2013