“Food good service not” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Food good service not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Firstly, the food. When you eventually get it, it's above average for its price. However the service is tooooooo slow. It was over twenty minutes before we got our starters then another 15 for our main course, and then another twenty after that for pudding. Nearly 2 hours for a three course meal, not good enough. I would go again for the quality of the food but no way for the service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Having been to this restaurant once before and not being very impressed at having to wait 45 mins for the main and only getting a free drink for the setback, I wasn't looking forward to going there again but thought I would give them another chance. Surprise surprise had to wait 45 mins again for our mains but this time we had a four year old eating with us, and it was very difficult to keep him entertained for this amount of time. We ended up having to skip dessert because he got so tired. They never once apologised for the wait. The only good thing I can say about the whole experience is that the waitress was very friendly. I don't think I'll be giving them a third chance

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Do not eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

If your wanting to eat out in Hampton, this is not the place! Go to the Harvester or Toby carvery, service was ok, restaurant was not even that busy but still took a whiole for drinks to arrive and all of the mains did not come out at the same time. Frankie and Benny's used to be great... but not anymore.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Witney, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stopped in a Frankie and bennys kasam after watching a film with my wife, great service and great food, staff where all very polite and seemed to be having a great time.. Atmosphere was electric. We both look forward to visiting again.

sunderland tyne and wear
“FraNKIE AND BENNYS NEAR KASSAM STADIUM OXFORD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

WELL normally I do not like to be negative about anything but I felt this time warrants a three out of ten for service meal etc at Frankie and Bennys restaurant near the kassam stadium in oxford.
We went to Frankie and Bennys on Sunday and had to wait 45 mins for two beefburgers, and a childs portion of chicken strips and chips. The restaurant was full and normally you have to wait to serve the customers.we were not impressed when other people were served before us who had come into the restaurant after us. We told that it was because of what we had ordered. How long does it take to cook a couple of beefburgers. We saw people who came in after us having cooked breakfasts steaks etc so how long does that take. I think it might have been that our order was left aside some where. No apologies were given just the usual fake smile and saying that it would be coming. We had to ask twice about the meal as if we had waited any longer we would have just got up and left., For over a eleven pounds each for a beefburger and chips on a sunday we should have gone somewhere else. I can appreciate this as they would have to pay their staff more money for working on a sunday The childs portion of chicken strips and chips was a disgrace very small portions. I know it was for a childs but three little pieces of chicken strips and looked like 12 chips looked like they had been counted out. would I go back to Frankie and bennys no way unless I went during the week when it was quiet. I must say that there was a lot of childrens parties in and they loved it but its the parents who have to pay for bad service and low quality of meals, But as you know children who are in parties enjoy anything you give them as they are enjoying the moment of the parties with friends. WAKE UP FRANKIE AND BENNYS PLEASE GET YOUR ACT RIGHT AND SORT YOUR PROBLEMS OUT WITH THE SERVING OF MEALS. IT WAS A LAUGH AS WHEN WE WERE EATING A LADY waitress CAME UP TO US AND with A FAKE SMILE SAID EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT. I wonder what she would have done if we said no. We would have got the usual jibe of saying sorry but we are busy which is no consolation to anyone waiting 45 mins for a quick meal of beefburgers etc.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere