“A mixed bag.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada London Ruislip

Save Saved
You added Ramada London Ruislip to your Saves list
Ramada London Ruislip
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Long Drive, Station Approach, Ruislip HA4 0HG, England (Formerly Days Hotel London South Ruislip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 30%
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Ruislip
London, United Kingdom
“A mixed bag.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had to find a hotel near to Wembley and Uxbridge so chose this hotel.
I arrived early evening and was given room on the first floor.The room was worn but very clean and so I settled down for an early night.the big problem became apparent as soon as I opened the window.
The kitchen extract fan from the pub next door meant that sleep was impossible!
I rang the front desk and asked when it would stop and when the said 11pm I requested another room and was given a room on the opposite side of the same floor.
Again the room was OK but this time I had the trains from the next door South Ruislip Station.
I eventually got some sleep but my tip would be request a room on the upper floors if possible.
The free breakfast was adequate and the staff were pleasant but there was a small issue surrounding my invoice which was e mailed later that day.
I would stay here again but only if I could get a higher room.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Exeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is situated right next door to South Ruislip Overground and Underground Stations with regular trains to and from the capital. The hotel has a large free carpark adjacent and a handy drop off point right outside the hotel for taxis etc. Next door to the hotel is a nice pub which provides a friendly welcome and reasonably priced food if you can't find anything to tempt you on the extensive either Indian or Italian menu in the Hotel. Food is served in the hotel until 10 and the bar seems to stay open until 0100 which is handy after a long day in London. The rooms in the hotel are comfortable and of a reasonable size room 220 was larger than the average. The exterior of the hotel looks a little dated but fortunately this hasn't continued inside. There is a free continental breakfast which is a little uninspiring but a full English is available at an extra charge. All in all would stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to an event at Wembley and a reasonably priced place to stay for anyone travelling to Central London.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

ok im a premier inn man usually but chose this hotel due to the location of a gig i was undertaking
(the front of house staff) i suggest need some retraining on how to at least smile and welcome thier guests. on arrival we was just thrown a form which we was asked to fill in given keys and thats it.dont think the male receptionist look up once. The room was adequate for just one night although dated it was clean and presentable. i didnt have much sleep as i seemed to have a water closent or simuler above the ceiling which constantly drained and refilled most of the night.this wasnt to say this kept me awake as such i just couldnt sleep. the bed was comfortable enough
the contintental breakfast was fine with the usual cerial/toast etc and the girls there where pleasent..south ruislip train stn is next door but didnt notice noise from trains. large plasma TV was a bonus..like before i like my premier inns and thats where i will be staying slighly cheaper and a lot more focus on customer service ...hard luck ramada if you improved your FOH grettings this could be a decent hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Annan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the past 7 years or so when visiting friends in Ruislip, even back when it was a Days Inn. We have never had any issues when staying here and even on our last visit everything was great until our last night. We had stayed for 4 nights and suddenly during the night I took extremely ill and had to be taken to hospital in Uxbridge by ambulance at 6am. Now we were supposed to checking out later that morning by 11am and as I was being put into the ambulance my husband was advised by the staff that he would either have to stay and pack up our room or they would do it for us!! Now, we know the hotel was NOT full the next day as we had enquired abour staying another night incase I was kept in at the hospital (my husband would need a place to sleep) but STILL they were insisting we vacate the room that morning. My husband had several pieces of expensive equipment in the room (i-mac mini, i-pad etc) so we didnt want to just let any Tom Dick or Harry "pack" our room up for us. My husband pleaded with them to leave the room until we at least knew what was happening with me (we still had 5 hours or so left technically at that point) but they refused!!! SO I had to go all the way to Uxbridge in the ambulance on my own while my husband stayed behind and packed all our stuff and then drove himself over to the hospital.... all the while panicking incase something awful had happened to me!! I think this was an awful way to treat someone who was obviously in a lot of distress and I was thoroughly disgusted by the attitude of the staff there that morning. As a result we will NEVER stay here again despite being regular returning customers and I find it hard to say anything positve about this hotel now :-( Stay here if you wish but for goodness sake DO NOT BE ILL!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Room was not as expected. I am disabled and thought room would have an emergency pull. I did exchange emails prior to arrival and took it for granted a suitable room was booked. Wrong! Not wishing to make a fuss, nothing was said. However room was not made up after the first night, I advised a helpless load of souls at reception but as domestics had gone nothing could be done. I did speak to the owner on return to home who offered me as compensation a free meal on my next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a party to attend 3 miles from the hotel, and needed to travel to the hotel using public transport. Welcomed to the hotel by really friendly hotel staff, was placed in twin room 102. Went up to the room to find it was situated just over the entrance and I could hear the people talking who were smoking outside - and the tube noise was significant. I asked reception if I could move me and they lifted me up 2 floors, at least the talking could not be heard - apparently all the twin rooms are at the front of the hotel.
The room was clean, basic and functional, with a small but again perfectly OK for one night - very tired looking - dated.
The room was so hot, the quilt was heavy and there was no air to speak of in the tiny rooms
The room was cheap for what was required and that included continental breakfast.
Breakfast was again basic but you could definitely have your fill - tinned fruit featured highly!
Would only stay again if needed to be in that area rather than a choice of staying for a more generic London access.

Room Tip: Avoid a twin as all at front of hotel so road noise as well as tube noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As the room was cheap I assumed it to be quite standard and to be relatively unimpressed. However we stayed in room G07 and it was brilliant, yes there were a few marks on the walls and slight peeling of wallpaper. I absolutely loved my stay, the breakfast was lovely there was such a great selection, of which we could feed our 7 month old son, in fact he loved it the most! Our bed was incredibly comfortable, the best night's sleep we've had in ages. A large bathroom with an excellent power shower, lovely soft large bath sheet towels. Stunning reception area. I would most definitely stay again. You must understand I've been to several 4* hotels and had a far worse time! The only fault I could mention was the huge spider in the bathroom but luckily my partner is far braver than me and he sorted that out in a few seconds. There wasn't a kettle in our room which we discovered in the room but a quick call to reception and they brought us one down within 5 minutes. Will definitely be returning when I next visit family!

Room Tip: G07 has a great bed and large bathroom!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada London Ruislip? Share your experiences!