“Great little hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West End Road, Ruislip HA4 6JB, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
“Great little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the May Day bank holiday weekend. Absolutely loved it. Was going to stay in one of the safe well known hotels which is just round the corner. So glad I didn't this is a little of a hotel and will be definately staying again. Friendly staff, clean room and good food. Well done.

• Stayed May 2013
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and we hope you will return to stay again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Northwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had my 70th birthday last Wednesday. I Spent the afternoon here with 20 of my girlfriends in the Hawtrys restaurant. The ambience and service at the hotel is outstanding. I'm really pleased I chose this as a venue.
I will certainly be returning and certainly recommend it.
Thank you for a wonderful afternoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us to celebrate your birthday. I have passed your kind comments on to all concerned and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future
Warwickshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Only minor complaints but it will stop me staying at the Barn again.

I work in Ruislip regularly and was looking for somewhere to stay 2 or 3 times a week.

I booked through Travel republic as I can never book via the Barn's website. On checkout after paying extra for the breakfast I asked for a receipt. Even though I left my credit card details and paid with this I was refused.

The receptionist refused point blank to give me a receipt and said for this type of bookings we do not give one. So how do I know how much they charged to my credit card for breakfast ? I thought this was illegal in the UK?

Room was ok a bit small nothing special.

Had "kippers" for breakfast - Is this plural ? it was nice but of the singular variety and very small

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I apologise for any confusion when you checked out. For bookings made and paid for via third parties such as Travel Republic, we are unable to give a receipt as we are not contractually allowed to disclose the rates that they pay to the hotel. For any items ordered direct form the hotel, such as the breakfast supplement, we would of course give a receipt.

If it was the breakfast receipt that you require, please get in contact with us and we will be happy to organise one for you.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Our room, was a private apartment. The tube (subway) is right next to the hotel, we used this many times to get into London. About 20 miutes from to Heathrow airport.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the 1st floor, so we didn't have to carry our lugguage up the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I was pleased to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay at the Barn Hotel. As you state in your review the hotel's location makes it an ideal venue being so close to the Metropolitan & Piccadilly Line with central London only 40 minutes away, Heathrow Airport only 7 miles and the M40/M25 junctions ten minutes away.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
m
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on my wedding night my partner stayed evening before & we loved it that much we even stayed an extra night. We had a room in Deans Lodge was lovely, comfy bed massive bathroom with large jacuzzi bath and large shower. English breakfast was good. Staff were very friendly & helpfull I will definitely stay again & recommend this hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review and I have passed your comments on to all the team at the hotel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our luxury Deane's Lodge rooms and we hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your Anniversary
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a family lunch organised at the Barn Hotel and I never been at the barn hotel even though we are very local. I must the function was very well organised by the banqueting manager and she did accommodate all our requests till the last minute. The food was amazing with excellent service. Very friendly staff. We all had a good time and will definitely recommend the barn hotel for any family function.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your lunch at the hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the occasion and I have passed your comments on to all concerned. We hope to be able to welcome you and your friends to the hotel again in the not too distant future
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends wedding which was taking place nearby. We liked the location of the hotel which is very near to the tube and lots of local shops with plenty of food options. I liked the quirkiness of the place although some of those aspects had natural downsides. For example it isn't super quick to get to your room but it meant you got to walk through lovely winding gardens which are very well kept. There is a pond containing lots of fish situated by the main part of the hotel, which our daughter was obsessed with! The grounds are lovely and quiet, you wouldn't know you are basically on a busy main road. The rooms are quiet but means that hear everything overhead, as walls and doors are very thin. We had a junior suite which was roomy and had lovely facilities including great hot chocolate and toiletries. The place was spotless although the TV was small and far from the bed. The bed was huge and really comfy. We saw the deans lodge quarters but were happy enough with our deal and the price. Breakfast was in a lovely dining room with a log fire. The staff were very confused by our orders and this was the case with everyone else in the room. Orders came out wrong and took a very long time. The staff were friendly though and we didnt mind much as we could see how much they were struggling! However as we were having a relaxing morning it was fine and we had also had some continental breakfast items while waiting for the cooked food. All
In all a nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise if the service at breakfast was disappointing and I have discussed this with my team to find ways that it will not happen in future

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!