“A perfect destination for any occassion!” 4 of 5 stars

Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Eastridge Avenue | Rizal, Binangonan, Luzon 1940, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Binangonan
Taytay, Philippines
“A perfect destination for any occassion!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We're thinking where to go to celebrate my hubby's birthday. Glad that he chose Thunderbird Resort. We really enjoyed our stay there, loved the ambiance and the wonderful views of nature. They got a huge rooms perfect for the whole family and the beds and pillows are the best. It's highly recommended, a perfect destination for any occassion! ヅ

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear mgramolete,

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our resort.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the celebration of your husband’s special day here at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal. We are always more than willing to ensure that your celebration here will be as memorable as possible.

We will await your return to celebrate more birthdays here in Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you and your family in all your leisure requirements.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Muntinlupa, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went here with the extensive family last Jan 2013 to celebrate it with my sister's birthday. My mom had her voucher good for a weekend stay and yes, just like the title of my review, its a nice place to relax to but its kinda expensive since its a 5 star leisure and hotel in one. Their beds and pillows are cozy , food's good, my son and I got to swim at the resort's swimming pool but we didn't stay that long since its freezing cold, my son got to continue it at the room's bathtub : ) We were not able to experience the casino since we were really tired getting to the place ( we came from Muntinlupa and its saturday traffic ) and the massage was pricey. Better bring some cash if you're to spend your get a way here in Thunderbird..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear jyngjynzachy,

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our resort.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal and found our
beds and pillows comfortable for you to relax.

It is with regret though that you were not able to experience our 5 star entertainment facility during your stay where we have free nightly entertainment for our guests.

Again, I would like to Thank you on your feedback because it's through this that enable us to improve further on the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you and your family.

Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tis my second time in this resort hotel, first time with my family and this time with my mother and her 2 sisters ages 70,78 respectively. We arrived at the hotel around 12:00pm hoping for an early check-in but we are informed that the rooms where not yet ready, but of course it's a Saturday so it's justifiable cause maybe there where many guests. Anyway they are kind enough to let us use the tables beside the pool area so as to be able for the kids to eat lunch food bought from Jolibee. The waiters are courteous enough to bring us our complimentary drinks. We entered our respective rooms at exactly 2:00pm. The looks and feel of the rooms were the same a year ago but is still very refreshing, clean and well kept, it's very much maintained by the looks of it. I did notice though some chipping at the edge of the wood cabinet and some clicking sound in the bathroom (it was the heater component), but overall the room was great and the functionality of the aircon, tv and mini-compo are exceptional.
As usual my 2 kids really had a great time enjoying the grounds cause they really like to run on the grass and of course most especially, swim in the pool. My mother and 2 aunties also liked the pool so much but rather preferred that the jacuzzi could be a little bit hotter. After dinner the adults went for a try on their luck at the Fiesta Casino. After that it's nighty night for all of us. All I can say is that the beds and pillows at Thunderbird were one of the best I've ever slept on! The Cushion are bouncy and the pillows were very very soft and comfy! We really slept comfortably that night!
The next day, after a sumptuous breakfast at Koi, its all picture taking for all of us. The views are stunning and the grounds are well kept, free from litters and garbage. My kids get to have a dip in the pool again and went on to have new friends. The senior ladies by the way really did enjoy the place so much because of the ambiance and senior friendliness of the place.
Overall, the hotel staff, management, waiters, security, are very much accommodating and friendly that we would not hesitate in returning to this lovely place! Thanks Thunderbird....My kids are already annoying me for our return!!

Room Tip: rooms at the second floor facing the pool have a commanding view of Laguna bay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Adel S,

We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable and wonderful stay at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal and without hesitation would return to our resort.

We are happy to know that you and your family enjoyed the room, facilities and view of the greens during your stay.

I am pleased to inform you that we have added some activities in our pool for the kids and to further add to their enjoyment of the grounds, we have prepared a kite flying activity for them to enjoy when they return.

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our resort. It is through feedback such as yours to enable us to improve further on the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you and your family, especially your young and not so young ones with their activities.

Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My bf and i celebrated our 10th year here at thunderbird rizal, it's only 1 hr away from the metro and I'm happy that the hotel staff are friendly and very accommodating they see to it that we have a wonderful stay, i love the spa service which is exceeded our expectation the massage is great the therapist are professional they even not insist to give them a tip unlike other spa but we give them because were happy on the service.

the only glitches that we encounter is the Koi Restaurant at night the service is so slow they keep us waited unlike in their breakfast buffet service which is much better anyway the receptionist in koi restaurant apologize to us that night.

overall our stay at thunderbird is great. highly recommended, that's why we decided to try Thunderbird Poro point resort soon :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear rishfleur,

We are pleased to know that you had an overall satisfied and wonderful stay at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal.

We are happy to know that you find our staff friendly and accommodating to your needs, especially the Spa Services. We pride ourselves with our staff in dealing with our guests professionally and providing them with extra ordinary service at all times.

However, it is with sincere regret that you were satisfied with the slow service you experienced in our Koi Restaurant. We have taken serious note of your comment and rest assured that we will make the necessary adjustments to address this concern and prevent the same incidents in the future.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you with your dining requirements.

Should you wish to visit our Poro Point resort, please do let me know so we can assist you with your reservations.

Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just had our annual corporate outing and workshop here in Thunderbird resort - Rizal and the place and service is outstanding. The staff and management are very well service oriented that they went beyond and above the call of duty to accommodate our requests.

The place itself is magnificent and the amenities are all functioning as they are supposed to. I recommend to consider this place for a memorable stay if you plan to have your event here for corporate or even personal reasons.

Kudos to the management and staff of Thunderbird Resort - Rizal for a job well done!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Knights 777,

First and foremost I would like to Thank You and your team for choosing Thunderbird Resorts-Rizal as the venue for company outing and annual workshop activity.

We are happy to know that you are pleased with the service and amenities provided to you and your team during your stay.

We are hoping to see you back again this year for another extra ordinary experience.

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our resort.

On you next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com

Brentwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here at the recommendation of our relatives who live in Antipolo, Philippines. The location is somewhat remote, but the views of Lake Laguna and the resorts golf course are magnificent

The amenities are very nice also, with a pool, jacuzzi and golf course! I especially enjoyed the massage services, which were professional and intuitive relaxing me completely

The staff was friendly and responsive to our needs as well as offering suggestions for our visit in the local area.

They have two restaurants on the premises, the Koi and the Poolside restaurants. The Koi is the only one that serves breakfast and the service is excellent during the breakfast meal. However the evening dinner service was less than satisfactory, it was slow, unresponsive and in general amateurish at best. However, once I contacted the resorts evening manager and expressed my concerns, he responded positively, looked into the matter and gave me feedback as to his investigation and the how he would resolve the issue.

The Pool Side restaurant is for casual dining and the service is much better, the head chef/manager of the Pool Side Restaurant "Chubby" routinely walks about the area talking to customers and asking for feedback and asking if they are happy. The food is also prepared well, we particularly enjoyed the pork sisig and the ice cold San Miguel Pilsen beer!

Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Ken G.,

We were pleased to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our resort. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our massage service and found it very relaxing.

However, it is with sincere regret that you were dissatisfied with the dinner services in our Koi Restaurant. We have taken serious note of your comment and rest assured that we are making the necessary adjustments to address this issue and prevent the same incidents in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me (mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com) and I would be glad to assist you with your dining requirements.

Hotel Officer-In-Charge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We are so happy during our vacation in the Philippines. The facilities are nice and the service is excellent. The staff are accomodating and helpful that even on short notice they were able to give us room. We are thankful to have met Sonny who made sure to give us his best assistance with a smile. The staff are courteous and they always do their best to meet our needs.
In our next vacation, Thunderbird resort will surely be our first choice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!