“what a waste of time and everything else......” 1 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Yuletide Extravaganza
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Binangonan
Manila, Philippines
“what a waste of time and everything else......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

long time to check-in and when we did, we no pillows/toiletries.needed to call 3 times on d phone and go 2 d front desk twice. airconditioning broken and service took a long time but still didnt fix it even though they told me they did.hassle. waste of money koi restaurant, expensive,onion soup tastd lke boiled water with onion and bread. they recommended triple cheese carbonara dat looked dull and tasted like milk.d service by d pool was only good when i gave tip but upon my arrival, gave us a bad look and didnt really helped us. the manager i talked to was an not helpful and was rude but the security supervisor was really apologetic, it was suppose to b my anniversary. too bad.

Room Tip: hopefully you won't experience these things , but when i was there , there were a lot of people...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear David Ambrose B,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. We are concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

You have raised areas of concern that need to be addressed and which we are looking into for improvement. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you. Rest assured that the General Manager and all concerned Department Heads have been informed to address these matters.

Nevertheless, it was good to know that you appreciated the assistance of our security supervisor. We have shared this with the whole team and will certainly motivate him to keep up the good work.

We hope that this unfortunate experience will not deter you from staying with us again. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Hotel Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just needed a place to go to unwind and relax and heard about this resort. Reservations was fast and efficient, all details were given to us and with no questions... the booking was confirmed.
Finding the place was a little difficult but manageable... on a weekend the traffic was really bad not sure which junction part of the city was it... but once you have reached the Antipolo City... it would be an easy drive to the place.
Unfortunately, when we arrive a heavy downpour welcomed us.. It's just frustrating that the resort doesn't have a good landing area where you can get out from your vehicle dry... poor security needed to go back and forth to pick up all the family members which took sometime and definitely wet...
Checking in was a breeze... after a few information requirement... we were in our room... from the room we could we the view of the pool with the background of the laguna bay and the golf area... The room was big to accommodate 4 adults and 2 kids.. additional beds were requested.
I agree with some of the reviews, the phone was difficult to handle... the management should look into this.
With regards to food .. another disappointment.. need to wait for a earlier requested meal... we ordered food to be served at 5pm hours just after lunch... to our surprise... the food was served late and the kids were so hungry from swimming the whole afternoon... just hope the timings had been respected.
For the evening, the adults had a short time at the Casino and it was good to know that there was a free show at the venue...
Requested a late checked out during reservations, i asked the front desk to confirm and told me will get back to me... While waiting we decided to leave just before check out time... then in the morning.. front desk calls that the requested late check out time was granted.. too late for us to change our schedule again.. :(
Overall, the stay was very good... just needed a few things to sort out..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear blue-eyes07,

Thank you for choosing Thunderbird Resorts as your place to unwind and relax with the family. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to know that our guests are satisfied with our products and services.

Your comments on areas that need improvement have been seriously noted by the General Manager and concerned Department heads. Rest assured that actions are being taken to address these matters to avoid such incidents from happening again. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these might have caused you.

It was a pleasure being of service to you and your family and we look forward in welcoming you back with us again soon. For your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Cypress
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I highly recommend this resort, very clean and spacious rooms, the service is excellent, the resort ground is immaculate, the casino is great, the breakfast is fantastic

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear mazensti,

Thank you for the time taken to share your experience with us. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. It is always encouraging for us to know that our guests are happy with our products and services as this is what we strive for.

On your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations. We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back with us soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I was there twice for the month of may.my first was with my family and friends.i booked two rooms and was very pleased with the appearance of the room . I got disappointed when i saw my son sweating.ac was not functioning well that i had to request for a fan from the front desk.filter was dirty.pools water was unclear due to broken filter.my second stay,was with my cousins.unfortunately,the room i got had probs with ac too..i ended up using 2 stand fans courtesy of the room boy.phone was broken.sound system was not functioning until i informed front desk.i

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Thunderwiz_01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We value your feedback as it enables us to improve our product and services.

Our General Manager has taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that action is being taken to address these concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope this unfortunate experience will not deter you from staying with us again and give us the opportunity to welcome you and your family back. On your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Cavite City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Our vacation started out ok.There was a shuttle that picked us up from Ever Gotesco in Ortigas Extension. We were excited when we saw the place, it was a perfect spot for a weekend get away. We became more ecstatic when we saw the room..really nice, comfortable bed. But the minor problems started to kick in, the phone in our room kept on ringing, but when you answer, no one is on the other line. We ask the maintenance personel for help, and after a while informed us that it was ok already. But this happend several more times again, and worse up to the wee hours of the morning, that I ended up hanging the phone. But I let that slide since I dont want to ruin the otherwise happy vacation..or so I thought. Food was expensive..not so reasonable..One thing that pissed me off also is when we decided to avail the free massage, no one was answering at the spa service. The pool needs cleaning, water is not clear anymore. Upon check out I answered the survey & stated my concerns there, not knowing that the final blow to get me furious is yet to come. Check out was at 12 noon, the shuttle we are SUPPOSED to take will fetch us at 2 pm..At this point Ive asked how much do we need to pay for an hour or two for room extension..then we were informed that its P1000 per hour!! I was like, really??!! So we had no choice but to wait in the lobby. Upon check out, I told the receptionist that we will take the shuttle. She got my name, wrote the place where we were supposed to be dropped off & the time of pick up. I was informed that guard will just inform us if the shuttle arrives. Nearing 2 pm, we asked the guard if the shuttle arrived already, he replied 'no, not yet'. Around 2:30 pm, we asked again..to my dismay, we were informed that we missed the shuttle. Thats when I lost my temper, I mean seriously, the lobby was small, so impossible that the receptionist / guard didnt saw us waiting. And what in the hell did she took my name, the place & the time of pick up for?? We waited for 2 hrs for the ride..then we were informed that the next shuttle is no until 4 pm!! And not exactly in our prefferred drop off point..I live in Cavite, hours away from the place..just took a gamble for a nice vacation..Well, yeah bad luck happens.. So much for a dream vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear anne g,

Thank you for the time taken to share your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable as it enables us to improve our product and services.

We have taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that the General Manager and all concerned Department Heads have been informed to address these matters. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We sincerely hope this unfortunate experience will not impair your confidence in Thunderbird Resorts and give us another opportunity to welcome you back. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The rooms are spacious. Service is excellent. I recommend this hotel to those who want to escape the city's noise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mig_2008,

It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciated the service of our staff. We are proud to share you kind words to our team as this will motivate them to keep up the good work.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family went on a quick vacation and decided to go to this resort which is very near Manila. It is a quick 1 hour drive from our house in Pasig City.

We spent this vacation last May 4th.

We arrived there at around 4pm and was accommodated right away by the front desk and was given our room with a very fast service.

Our stay was quick and here are few points I would like to note:

a. Rooms are clean
however, faucet in the sink is broken when I used it, we called someone to fix it but no one came.
there are 2 large queen beds with soft linens and mattresses
the room and the bathroom are fairly large for the price we paid
television set is working, however, due to heavy downpour that afternoon, their cable lost its signal

b. Food

Dinner at KOI was very filling with our orders Grilled Chicken and Grilled Sirloin both have 3 cups of mashed potatoes and buttered veggies.
Breakfast is disappointing, the menu served were not for breakfast, like Adobo, Pork Steak. Its a good thing, I still found the longganisa.
Lunch at the Pool Side was nice. They served delicious food such as Grilled Bangus, Grilled Tilapia, Chicken and Corn soup, Beef Rendang, Chicken Pineapple and many others but there aren't enough fans to ensure customers will not sweat while eating.

c. Pool

It rained the night we arrived, therefore, we expected the pool will be unclear. But it was still unclear in the morning, I guess, the pool needs cleaning.

d. Other things to do

Other than swimming, we went to visit the nearby cave. We can't go to play the Casino since we have our daughter with us.

The price is fair for the room size and for a quick vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Tubby_Traveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel for your vacation with the family and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We were pleased to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay and particularly liked the food being served in KOI Restaurant and Poolside. However, we have taken note of your observations and have shared it with the General Manager and concerned Department Heads. Rest assured that action will be taken to address these matters. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these might have caused you during your stay.

Once again we thank you for your comments and we look forward in welcoming you and your family back in the near future. On your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Hotel Quality Manager

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!