“I would be happy to go back if they will assure me of a full functional ac and few extra hours before check out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal

Special Rate
Yuletide Extravaganza
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Binangonan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I was there twice for the month of may.my first was with my family and friends.i booked two rooms and was very pleased with the appearance of the room . I got disappointed when i saw my son sweating.ac was not functioning well that i had to request for a fan from the front desk.filter was dirty.pools water was unclear due to broken filter.my second stay,was with my cousins.unfortunately,the room i got had probs with ac too..i ended up using 2 stand fans courtesy of the room boy.phone was broken.sound system was not functioning until i informed front desk.i

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Thunderwiz_01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We value your feedback as it enables us to improve our product and services.

Our General Manager has taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that action is being taken to address these concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope this unfortunate experience will not deter you from staying with us again and give us the opportunity to welcome you and your family back. On your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Hotel Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cavite City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Our vacation started out ok.There was a shuttle that picked us up from Ever Gotesco in Ortigas Extension. We were excited when we saw the place, it was a perfect spot for a weekend get away. We became more ecstatic when we saw the room..really nice, comfortable bed. But the minor problems started to kick in, the phone in our room kept on ringing, but when you answer, no one is on the other line. We ask the maintenance personel for help, and after a while informed us that it was ok already. But this happend several more times again, and worse up to the wee hours of the morning, that I ended up hanging the phone. But I let that slide since I dont want to ruin the otherwise happy vacation..or so I thought. Food was expensive..not so reasonable..One thing that pissed me off also is when we decided to avail the free massage, no one was answering at the spa service. The pool needs cleaning, water is not clear anymore. Upon check out I answered the survey & stated my concerns there, not knowing that the final blow to get me furious is yet to come. Check out was at 12 noon, the shuttle we are SUPPOSED to take will fetch us at 2 pm..At this point Ive asked how much do we need to pay for an hour or two for room extension..then we were informed that its P1000 per hour!! I was like, really??!! So we had no choice but to wait in the lobby. Upon check out, I told the receptionist that we will take the shuttle. She got my name, wrote the place where we were supposed to be dropped off & the time of pick up. I was informed that guard will just inform us if the shuttle arrives. Nearing 2 pm, we asked the guard if the shuttle arrived already, he replied 'no, not yet'. Around 2:30 pm, we asked again..to my dismay, we were informed that we missed the shuttle. Thats when I lost my temper, I mean seriously, the lobby was small, so impossible that the receptionist / guard didnt saw us waiting. And what in the hell did she took my name, the place & the time of pick up for?? We waited for 2 hrs for the ride..then we were informed that the next shuttle is no until 4 pm!! And not exactly in our prefferred drop off point..I live in Cavite, hours away from the place..just took a gamble for a nice vacation..Well, yeah bad luck happens.. So much for a dream vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear anne g,

Thank you for the time taken to share your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable as it enables us to improve our product and services.

We have taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that the General Manager and all concerned Department Heads have been informed to address these matters. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We sincerely hope this unfortunate experience will not impair your confidence in Thunderbird Resorts and give us another opportunity to welcome you back. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The rooms are spacious. Service is excellent. I recommend this hotel to those who want to escape the city's noise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mig_2008,

It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciated the service of our staff. We are proud to share you kind words to our team as this will motivate them to keep up the good work.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family went on a quick vacation and decided to go to this resort which is very near Manila. It is a quick 1 hour drive from our house in Pasig City.

We spent this vacation last May 4th.

We arrived there at around 4pm and was accommodated right away by the front desk and was given our room with a very fast service.

Our stay was quick and here are few points I would like to note:

a. Rooms are clean
however, faucet in the sink is broken when I used it, we called someone to fix it but no one came.
there are 2 large queen beds with soft linens and mattresses
the room and the bathroom are fairly large for the price we paid
television set is working, however, due to heavy downpour that afternoon, their cable lost its signal

b. Food

Dinner at KOI was very filling with our orders Grilled Chicken and Grilled Sirloin both have 3 cups of mashed potatoes and buttered veggies.
Breakfast is disappointing, the menu served were not for breakfast, like Adobo, Pork Steak. Its a good thing, I still found the longganisa.
Lunch at the Pool Side was nice. They served delicious food such as Grilled Bangus, Grilled Tilapia, Chicken and Corn soup, Beef Rendang, Chicken Pineapple and many others but there aren't enough fans to ensure customers will not sweat while eating.

c. Pool

It rained the night we arrived, therefore, we expected the pool will be unclear. But it was still unclear in the morning, I guess, the pool needs cleaning.

d. Other things to do

Other than swimming, we went to visit the nearby cave. We can't go to play the Casino since we have our daughter with us.

The price is fair for the room size and for a quick vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Tubby_Traveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel for your vacation with the family and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We were pleased to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay and particularly liked the food being served in KOI Restaurant and Poolside. However, we have taken note of your observations and have shared it with the General Manager and concerned Department Heads. Rest assured that action will be taken to address these matters. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these might have caused you during your stay.

Once again we thank you for your comments and we look forward in welcoming you and your family back in the near future. On your next visit, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I checked in at this resort to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We could only afford a short overnight stay somewhere near and since we frequent Tagaytay for our usual anniversary celebrations, we decided to try something new.

We got to the resort from Quezon City (Timog Area) in an hour and a half while going through moderate traffic. Not bad for a Friday. We did leave the house at around 3:30pm so I guess it's because we left before rush hour. There's a lot of road work going on along the Ortigas Extension so you could get stuck there during rush hour. Going home took us a lot longer and we were stuck in a bit of traffic near Ever Gotestco. The only time you will feel like you are "away" from the city is when you start going up the STEEP incline nearing the resort. Unlike Tagaytay, you will never feel that "country vibe" in Binangonan Rizal, I guess.

It was raining when we arrived. The resort did not have a good drop off point so husband and I proceeded to the pebbled parking area to park first. We got off the car with one small umbrella with a small overnight bag in tow. The guard did not even bother to escort us with his umbrella to the lobby nor was there any bellhop to assist us. Check in was fast.

The room is spacious. I could smell insecticide was we entered the room. The bathroom was also spacious. It had a separate shower and tub. You could tell that the resort was a good luxury resort when it was still new. Now you could say that the resort needed some upgrading to maintain that status. The bed and pillows were nice and soft. The linens were good quality Egyptian cotton. The room had good insulation so it was nice and quiet the whole night. The curtains were not totally black out but good enough to make you want to sleep through the entire morning. The resort offered free WIFI which was ok. The room had a mini bar and a safe available. The only upgrade the room has was the flat screen TV. The room also had a component / DVD player. The toiletries were impressive (VMV Hypoallergenics). They only placed one small bar of soap so you had to shuttle the soap back and forth from the shower to the sink if you needed soap to wash your hands. I tried using the tub but it would never fill because it leaked all over the bathroom floor.

We decided not to head out of the resort for dinner as it was raining. We had dinner at the Koi restaurant and probably ordered the top two worst items on the menu. Hainanese Chicken and some beef with coconut milk and tamarind. The chicken dish was a generous half chicken but it was dry and overcooked. The beef dish was so bad we could not even force ourselves to finish it. The beef slices looked like cuts of beef that were supposed to be discarded. We had the soup / salad bar for P350 per person. It was ok but found it too expensive as it didn't have much to offer. The soup was pretty bad. It was a clear seafood soup thickened with a lot of cornstarch. After the disappointing dinner, we tried our luck at the Fiesta Casino. Fooled around with the slots. As it turns out, dinner was complimentary if you play so we regretted that we paid for such an awful dinner all the more. We could have used what we paid for dinner in the casino. Even if the food will come from the same restaurant, at least you won't feel as bad because it's free.

The breakfast buffet that came with the stay was ok. Nothing special... the usual Filipino fare -- longanisa, adobo, fried fish, fried chicken (for breakfast?), plus they added mini pancakes too ... Breakfast also came with salad, soup (This time it was clear chicken soup thickened with lots of cornstarch.) cereal, fruits, juice and coffee. The restaurant is pretty small to for the size of the resort. We were there just in time (7:30AM) before the tables started filling. Some guests had to sit outside ( open air) and there are a few who had to wait. During breakfast, the aircon broke down and started pouring water on one table. (poor guests). The restaurant looked much better in the website that it did in actual.

We did not even bother to swim because the water was not clean. It was greenish brown! The jacuzzi was even worse. The pool also looked so much bigger and better in the website. The resort is right beside Eastridge golf course so if you play golf then the resort will probably be a good place for you. I saw some guests bringing their bikes with them. I'm not sure it there is a trail for bikers though.

There's nothing else to do at the resort. It could be a good place for a near and short overnight stay if they improved on the food and the facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the golf course.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear ditz_8,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary. We appreciate the time taken to share your experience with us. Feedback such as yours is valuable to us as it enables us to improve our product and services.

We have taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that the General Manager and all concerned Heads of Department have been informed to address these matters. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these might have caused you during your stay with us.

We sincerely hope that this unfortunate experience will not deter you from staying with us again. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Quezon City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We spent an April weekend at Thunderbird Rizal to celebrate our anniversary with some R&R. While driving our way to the resort, the view of Manila was simply breathtaking and bonding with the view of Laguna de Bay was great.

We arrived at around 1:30 and check-in was a breeze. However, there were some guests arrived ahead of us were having problems with checking-in. Hope they had checked-in afterwards we went up to our room.

The DeLuxe room was big... and we mean BIG. Two queen beds and maybe two more extra beds can fit inside the room. The beds were really nice to sleep in and pillows were an added bonus. But we noticed that the furniture already had signs of age. Most tables had glass stains; maybe the previous guests did not know how to use coasters. Lighting was quite dim, there were only three table lamps that lit during the evening.

The bathroom was also big. However the tub was quite small for a bathroom with that size. Basic toiletries and a set of towels were provided. However, the bathroom smells like it was not cleaned up. Also, the cleaners might have forgotten to spot the used soap by the previous guest.

As for the other features of the resort: Pool was pretty small for this type of resort. But the jacuzzi was relaxing. The welcome drinks were a little bit too sweet. The restaurant had a limited menu and was quite pricey, and one will not miss the taste. Breakfast was also a bit limited as well. The casino was huge; but we did not try to bet our luck. We took massage services instead, and it was good considering that it was in-room service. Overall service was satisfactory as the front desk to the butlers showed their best to provide good service.

There is still room for improvement. Hope it is going to be quite different at Poro Point.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the lake, but you might pay extra.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear dyupe_moe,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary. It was good to know that you had an overall satisfactory stay with us and particularly liked our beds, massage and the service of our front desk staff and butlers. Your kind words have been shared with the team and this will definitely motivate them to keep up the good work.

We appreciate you sharing with us your observations and rest assured that we will look into the matter.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and we look forward in being of service to you again soon. On your visit to Poro Point, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Bulacan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My family(husband and 2kids) stayed here April13-15, weekend. Arrived 230pm and checked in right away though the receptionist who assisted me isnt that really courteous. She smiles but you'll feel that she's just trying hard to smile. Our room was on 2nd floor and thats the only hassle for me, getting up and down thru stairs. Luggage boyds are very helpful and friendly. Room is clean, spacious, with 2 queen size comfy beds. CR is alean and big also, strong hot/cold water. They offer free WIFI internet which is dependable. The package we availed came with a P-600 match play bet in their Fiesta Casino which my husband played with and luckily, he won P4000. Pool is just ok, kind of small for the place. We like the view, ambiance and staying beside the pool in the late afternoon where you could literally say sit and relax.
I believe there were only around 40 rooms in the place. Buffet breakfast served in the Koi Restaurant is ok, few selection of food but overall ok. Only cons, prices of the food in their menu are a bit high for the servings.
Overall, I would definitely go back here and recommend this place to all those who want to relax and stay away from the busy city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Adriano M,

We were pleased to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. However, it is with sincere regret that you were dissatisfied during your check-in. We have taken serious note of your comment and rest assured that we will strengthen our training in regards to guest relations to avoid such incidents in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Hotel Quality Manager

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!