“Visit to restruant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bridge Tavern

The Bridge Tavern
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wicklow
The Bridge Tavern
You added The Bridge Tavern to your Saves list
Bridge Street, Wicklow, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Wicklow B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Visit to restruant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a lovely meal with my friend last night.The starter was lovely i had oaked salmon my friend had a side salad.The main course was perfect i had steak burger and chips,my friend had steak and garlic mushrooms.the staff where very helpful. I would tell other friends its a good place to eat. The view from the window of the river is nice and pleasent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and have always found the food to be lovely. I've only eaten off the bar menu so I can't comment on the restaurant food although if its half as good as the bar food it's doing well! It's not too expensive either which is a good thing these days! The staff were all friendly and helpful too. The place itself looks fantastic since its been renovated, with the main bar, snug bar, courtyard area and even an outside balcony area overlooking the river! It also has en suite B&B rooms upstairs if you fancy staying the night! I would definitely recommend The Bridge for a pint, a bite to eat or even an overnight stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

They have done a fabulous job at renovating the place. It's extremely clean and the staff are very nice. I haven't eaten here yet but the pub itself is lovely and cozy. I used to visit the "old" Bridge alot, But the new place looks a million times better, and completely different. Well done to the guys that have taken over the place and brought it back to life!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch there as party of 4 adults and 2 kids. Soup and sandwiches was tasty and nicely presented. They changed the salad to accommodate my wife who can't eat dairy without any fuss. She said it was very tasty. Kids portions were very good value and big helpings. Could probably have more Gluten free options but other than that very enjoyable. The place was busy which is a good sign.

• Stayed December 2012
Wicklow, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

4 of us dined in the Bridge last Saturday pm.
Welcoming & efficient staff.
Food was excellent, very good restaurant standard; but limited menu & pricey.
We will return for drinks but when we go to a bar / tavern we expect bar food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Home for a few weeks from Birmingham and treated the parents to a meal in the Bridge Tavern, Wicklow on Monday night . I have never written a review before but feel I have to let people who have not already had the experience of dining(or drinking) in this fabulous place just what they are missing and what is in store for them. The premises itself has been restored to what can only be described as a haven of comfort and style. The staff are amazing ,they are so welcoming, helpful and extremely professional( and patient) .The parents raved so much about the food and the service (and the free glass of wine with the early bird) we decided to invited our good friends from Rathdrum to join us for a meal there last night( 21st Nov) before I departed for Birmingham this morning, and I can only say they were equally impressed. I am a steak and chips man and I have to say that I was served the best Steak I have eaten in a long time with chunky chips and crispy onions on Monday night .... last night I told the waiter I was partial to a few FRIED onions and low and behold a portion of lovely fried onions arrived on my plate. As for the parents and our good friends who raved about the Seabass, Salmon ,Lamb Prawns and a few bottles of lovely house wine ( very reasonably priced) they are hooked. I am now on the boat to Hollyhead and I would like to thank everyone at the Bridge Tavern for the EXELLENT SERVICE and LOVELY FOOD. I will look forward to another great STEAK with FRIED onions and CHUNKY CHIPS when I am back in Ireland on my next visit which hopefully will be soon....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northumberland UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited 3 nights whilst staying in the area, really good food in the Bistro, also tasted my first Guinness here, and my second....and third......

Had local music on on 2 nights which is always a sign of a good pub.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Bridge Tavern? Share your experiences!