“Elizabeth” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arklow
Waterford, Ireland
“Elizabeth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in your hotel with two of my friends for easter 2013. The bedroom was dreadful, the carpet was badly stained.There was a musty smell. The mirror was behind one bed.The beds were not comfortable. The shower curtain was placed in the middle of the bath. It was impossible to sleep with the noise of children running up and down the corridoors and banging on guests doors screeming and shouting at 2 a m.

The staff were excellent except for one girl in the bar on sat night short blond hair and glasses she needs a personality check and give the proper change to customers.

There was no supervision on children.They were allowed run wild.in the bar late at night.
They were playing football on the stairs and nobody stopped them.

The reception area was so full on saturday night that it was almost impossible to get to the toilet because there was a long table almost blocking the door.

The food was good in the bar but not so good in the diningroom.

Overall i was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay well away from the lift
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the hotel with my children and hubby April. The pool was warm and really good for family. I was able to swim in the lap lane while my children who are competent swimmers swam and played with the noodles/floats in the rest of the pool. The pool is 1.35M depth everywhere and a bigger than normal. Towels were fine just big enough. i loved the heated floor in changing room. Room in the hotel was good with the camp bed as the 4th bed really sturdy and already set up and made. ONly issue really was the sliding door to the bathroom which was a bit noisy. Breakfast was good and staff were really helpful. when my son's nose bled they asked if they could help and offered ice and brought it really quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which has NOT a sliding door to the bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay as a birthday present for my hubby.

Total waste of money. Birthday was October but a mess up in reservations meant we didnt go til December.

The bar is lovely and thats the only thing that was.
For dinner I was served fish literally drowned in oil I took one bite and sent it
back. They put the fish on a clean plate and handed it back to me- still inedible. When I again spoke to the waiter I was told I couldnt have anything else.
I was offered a desert- which I suppose was one step better than my husband he wasnt offered anything.

I had ordered a bottle of Prosceco- I was given a warm bottle. We went back to the bar putting the bad experience down to the hotel ahving numerous christmas parties in.

We got no sleep that night as a group of kids ran around shouting with secuirty chasing them to add to the racket.

Breakfast the next day was worse than dinner. We were seated on top of the buffet- every sinlge person going up to eat had to sqaush past our table. Despite asking 3 times we got no tea and coffee.

When we spoke to reception about the terrible time we had they were very apologetic and offered to comp us a second night as we had to get home we couldnt stay so the staff said they would post us a voucher for B&B and a dinner. Funnily enough 4 months later we still havenet received the promised voucher.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enjoyed a relaxing b & b + dinner in this hotel. Lovely atmosphere when on entering and staff v accommodating. The only complaint would be the choice on the dinner menu not great, better to eat in the bar. Also the rooms could be better sound proofed anyone talking loud in corridors could be heard easily when trying to get asleep.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front for sea view. Back bedrooms have an awful view and much darker
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

the staff in the hotel were very polite and helpfully, hotel room was spotless , swimming pool was very cold witch was a let down and the towels you got at the pool were very small wouldnt even fit around my head to hold my hair in

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I travelled with my young son for 2 nights mid week I booked a twin room online but was given a double which was nicely decorated but very very small . We were on ground floor which was very noisy it was easter holidays so hotel was full of children.
We ate in the restaurant the 1st night the food was beautiful and staff were very friendly but for breakfast next morning it was a different story , the lady showing people to table was very rude she gave out to my son who is special needs for kicking table while i was away from the table getting breakfast, my son wasnt being "bold" he needs to regulate himself sometimes, she had no place to scold my son or any child .The Breakfast itself was very cold both mornings.
The Leisure centre was nice and staff were very friendly.
Arklow itself hasn't got much to do you need a car to visit a lot of the nearby attractions. There is a new shopping centre nearby with a cinema which is good .
Overall we enjoyed our visit to Arklow .

Room Tip: Ground floor was very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Arklow, a nice quiet little town.......hotel next door to Fitness centre........nice location, very cosy and food excellent )breakfast was as good as I've had anywhere..............a little gem on the east coast of ireland

Room Tip: excellent breakfast, just off the dublin wexford road.....ideal for a wekkend away woth the other ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arklow Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!