A friend of mine returned to Ireland from Australia for a short holiday and it was agreed a group of us would stay over and dine at the Woodenbridge. I drew the straw to organise the evening and a couple of phone calls and emails with Karen in the reservations office soon had us sorted out with ease.
The hotel is very comfortable and the staff are all friendly and helpful. The views from the room we stayed in were out of this world and although it was too cold to sit out on the balcony reading I intend to visit in warmer times just for the peace and the views.
The bar was full of locals mingling nicely with the tourists and Carmel provided the evenings entertainment singing all of our favourite songs ( shes there every week). The dinner was great plenty of good wholesome food , I can recommend the King Prawns and the steak.
Finally, it would be hard to find better value anywhere else, 65.00 euro for dinner, bed and breakfast. I'll be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the vale of Avoca, one of Ireland’s most beautiful locations, and established in 1608, Woodenbridge hotel is the oldest hotel in Ireland and one of the few remaining family-run hotels. The hotel itself overlooks the vale of Avoca and the amazing Woodenbridge golf club, while Woodenbridge lodge is adjacent to the main hotel and is surrounded by peaceful gardens on the banks of the Aughrim River. All of the rooms are en-suite and with complimentary wireless access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodenbridge Hotel And Lodge
- Woodenbridge Hotel Arklow
- Best Western Woodenbridge Hotel
- Best Western Arklow
- Arklow Best Western