“Disappointing evening” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Spice is an authentic Indian Restaurant serving quality Indian food. Our chefs come from Kerela, South India and have been trained at the 5 star Taj Hotel Group. We pride ourselves on using only fresh ingredients and our own fresh ground spices. Both our food and wine menu's are very reasonably priced and we also offer a special mid week menu as well as an early bird menu. We are situated in Monck Street which is Wexford's premier street for nightlife and we have beautiful views of Wexford harbour. 'Spice' has recently been refurbished to a style that is both contemporary and warm. Children are very welcome if well supervised and we offer a children's menu which also includes some Indian dishes.
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing evening”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I called to Spice with my wife on Valentine"s weekend,it was very quiet.Had eaten here in the past and enjoyed the food.There were three or four staff on duty,standing around the reception area chatting,when the food was served the plates were luke warm and cooled very quickly as no hot plate was used.At this stage we were the only guests in the restaurant which was unusual as it was relatively early.Throughout our meal the staff would occasionally stare across at us which we found quite intimidating as it was obvious that they wished to close up and before we had finished our meal the chef himself came out of the kitchen and joined the others.Over all we found it an uncomfortable experience,which was a pity as the food was quite ok.but the staff really need to make an effort here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, value for money and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Spice on a long weekend with my better half and meal with two friends. Ordered from the value menu, opting for a starter, main meal, tea/coffee and a bottle of white wine and 2 cobra beers plus an additional 2 beers, bottle of wine and 2 desserts!

I opted for my staple Indian favourite of lamb pasanda, rice and peshwari naan whilst the starter of a samosa , prekora, kebab and a very tasty onion potato thingy - the name escapes me but was delcious was just right and set us up perfectly for the main dishes.

My main of lamb balti pasanda was extremely flavoursome and creamy - just the way I like it, perfectly complementing the rice and in just the right proportions as was the peshwari naan which wasn't overly sweet. Our table also ordered spinach chicken, king prawn pasanda and the goan fish curry, the latter which our waitress Emma informed us was the house favourite and all went down a treat. We were also served by other waiter and waitress who were both friendly and polite.

I ordered the dessert of lemon tart with fresh cream with the tart coming served warm which was a pleasant surprise and satisfying my sweet tooth.

All in all a great night and meal out in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and would thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't been before. I shall return on my next visit to Wexford.

Wexford, Ireland
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I have to confess to a little bias here. I order from Spices takeaway a couple of times a month. It's my guilty little pleasure when I have an evening to myself. And it is always gorgeous.

However, I hadn't been to the restaurant in a few years, so myself and a mate trundled down during the week. And it was an absolute treat.

I had the chicken tikka pakoras to start and they were gorgeous, followed by true chicken jalfrezzi. The woman serving us was absolutely lovely, and took great care in describing the heat of the meal in under to suit my pallet. My mate, who wasn't as au fait with Indian got lovely patient descriptions of the ingredients and cooking methods for a couple of dishes before going for the goan fish curry, which she proclaimed was lovely. I had the Rioja with the meal and it was a little too more-ish! My mate had the house white and said it was exactly what she had wanted. With both had dessert, and that was real good too.

The staff were lovely and attentive, even moving us to another table when the radiator besides us proved to be just a little on the stuffy heat side. The ambiance and atmosphere were lovely. And when asked at the end how I did I find the meal all I could say was I was happy. Genuinely, broad unbidden smile on the face happy. Really! It was a lovely, lovely night! So I just had to review! Do go!

Brixham, United Kingdom
“Could do better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had a meal in January whilst staying in Wexford,we ordered off the main menu as against the early bird menu,but we where disappointed with the food,it was not very authentic in taste and flavour,we have eaten indian food in many cities and have a fair idea what good Indian food should taste like and this was not good.We looked into the kitchen and the only person we could see was an Irish lady cooking her version of Indian food.The place was quite busy and lots of take aways going out the door,but we were told there is only one Indian restaurant in Wexford so how can you compare and judge.
The service was very good ,the place was nice and clean,paper napkins though,quite expensive.would give it a miss if you can.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wexford, Ireland
“LOVELY MEAL.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had lovely meal saturday night at spice.Had not been there for about 2yrs,but food was as good as i remember it.They really provide excellant customer service,always checking on you to make sure everything is ok .Other restaurants in town could definatelly learn a thing or to from spice about how to look after your customers.Well done spice we will be back.

• Visited January 2013