“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 29 Wexford B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Fantastic location on a lovely quiet leafy road. A perfect place to stay in Wexford. Wonderful breakfast and large spacious rooms. We even got parkling for our motorbikes in the private car park. We will defiently return to Rosemount.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We were very fortunate to stay one night at Rosemount, our only regret was that we couldn't stay a second night, due to only having 5 days in total and we hoped to see all of Ireland which we realise now was impossible. But next time we will stay longer.

We found the location was excellent with private off-street parking which is surprisingly difficult to find. The house is so elegant and over 200 years old (full of character). The rooms are lovely and we felt most welcome. We look forward to our next stay at Rosemount.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Enjoyable stay with lovely rooms and off street parking. Lovely house and very quiet central location.

• Stayed May 2011
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my stay at Rosemont House, Wexford. The delightful house was over 200 hundred years old and was of great historical interest to me. The owner kindly lent me a book on the history of Wexford, and, together with the tasteful antique furniture I knew I was staying somewhere very special.
The house was in a nice setting close to the centre and within comfortable walking distance. The breakfast was good - especially the srambled egg with smoked salmon. I was very pleased that the car parking was secure at night. I having stayed at five different places on my tour of Southern Ireland, this was the best one!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

The B&B is very nice. Rooms are clean and spacious. Good location. Welcome was cool, we were marched up to our room and told to be quiet coming in that night! Oh dear. And a Cead Mile failte would have been nice.

• Stayed May 2010
Cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a young lad who helped us with our bags to our room. The room was nice with a four-poster bed and a view overlooking a pleasant garden with a pond, bird-feeders, shrubs & plants and a backdrop of trees. All was well, so we made the grave mistake of paying in advance for our stay (by cash - ooops!). Exhausted from our travels, we had an early night. I awoke next morning at 5.15am. By 6am I decided to creep down to have a cigarette. At 7am my partner woke up and did the same. 8am I went down to ask for some more milk. I could hear movement from the kitchens so headed that way and overheard a woman saying "I might say something to them as I think its selfish going in & out all night smoking....." Furiously I went up and told my partner what I'd heard. It later became clear that we were the only ones staying there, so it's a fair assumption she had been talking about us, though in my opinion, it doesn't matter who she was talking about - if you run a B&B, you should expect guests to be going out for a smoke.... and coming back drunk for that matter!!! (neither of us drink, so she didn't have that to moan about with us). The face behind the voice greeted us pleasantly at breakfast and said nothing about her qualms with us having kept the entire town awake all night. She asked what time we were going out so she could clean the room - making us feel like we had to hurry out the way. Breakfast was minimal with the Black & White Pudding non-existent, though at least not burnt to cinders like it was the next morning. At the weekend, a "No Vacancies" sign appeared on the door. The plastic flowers in the hallway had been replaced with lovely red roses and, amazingly, the heating came on in the morning. Believe me I could go on..... and on and on and on!!! Suffice to say, this B&B was so bad we ended up losing money by staying on at a local hotel my partner had booked for Valentines Evening rather than go back there and have her ruin our Valentines/Engagement holiday. These people are a letdown to the kind, jolly, friendly, welcoming reputation the Irish are well-known for. They are only interested in your money........ BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, Suffolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Never again! The welcome wasn't even luke-warm; a bit like the terrible breakfasts. The room was passable, but even if it had been good, it couldn't have made up for the terrible lack of hospitality. We were made to feel like nothing more than an inconvenience. If I return to the area and all other b&b's are booked except this one, I will sleep under a hedge!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosemount House? Share your experiences!