“When things go wrong” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Carlow, Ireland
“When things go wrong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Used this restaurant several times and found the food lovely. Our last two visits there found that the quality of the food was not as good, nice staff but a nasty taste in the mouth was the Lady in Charge. She's put us off for good!

59% Recommend
Farmington, New Mexico
“Great food in a nice environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very friendly wait staff, although a bit disconcerting in that the waiter continually cleared the table, including taking away food that we were still in the process of eating. Lovely, warm and cozy atmosphere. The proprietress stopped to chat; she was very friendly and cheery. We spent almost 4 hours onsite, and they made no efforts to move us along as some restaurants might. all in all, I highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gorey, Ireland
“a true gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

fantastic spot with an abundance of character. totally delicious food at great prices, well worth a visit, even if you have to go a bit out of your way it'll be worth your while!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't believe I nearly cancelled my reservation here based on reviews I had read. Anyway off I went, deciding to make up my own mind and I was so happy I did. From the moment we walked in we were made feel welcome and comfortable and our hostess couldn't do enough for us. I couldn't fault the food if I tried and although a little pricey which we knew it would be we were well impressed. We will definitely go again and would definitely recommend this restaurant to all.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor Service and rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hi my wife and I eat in the Lobster Pot while on holidays in Ireland mid-September 2012.
Travelled from Dublin to Cork and stayed in various towns along the way to experience the coast of Ireland.
We had many nice dinning experiences along the way and had a great holiday in Ireland until we arrived at the lobster Pot, Wexford.
The food was fine but the service is not what we expect in any establishment. We were greeted nicely and shown to a table and given the menus, but from that on things went downhill fast. Were approached be a rude lady who demanded our order before we had a proper chance to look at it. The restaurant was busy as it was 7pm approximately but it was not excuse. We felt from that moment on very uncomfortable and could not wait to leave.

• Visited September 2012