“Fine Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant

Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant
Kilmore Quay, Wexford, Ireland (Formerly The Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant)
+353539129888
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Located 50m from the the fishing port of Kilmore Quay, Co. Wexford.Serving seafood steaks and poultry. Recently refurbished to include full airconditioning. Child friendly. Extensive a la carte menu. early Bird Menu Until 7pm Nightly. Established 1991. New for 2013 The Silver Fox Food Company, selling Homemade Products including Hampers.
Greystones, Ireland
“Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose the good value early bird menu. At first glance it appeared to be nothing special but we were very pleasantly surprised. The dishes proved that simple food can still be excellent if executed well. Everything tasted fresh and there were a few 'twists' which pushed this restaurant into 5* in my opinion - from the tasty potato rissoles to the surprise onion broth.
Not to be missed.

Visited October 2012

Carlow, Ireland
“Lovely chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

very nice food, lovely presentation and service was excellent. Only complaint was that restaurant was a bit cool that evening.

Visited September 2012
Wexford
“What a Way to enjoy Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Not having been in Kilmore Quay for some time my daughter and I visited The Silver Fox for lunch on Sunday. Please if you have not tried it give it a shot. For starters we both had the seafood chouder, yummy can I have some more need I say more. For mains we both had fish. She the plaice pan fried and I the haddock deep fried. My fish was so light and I would almost say orgasmic, and plenty for one with a large appetite. My daughter enjoyed her plaice but was unable to finish so needless to say I helped her out. We were both so full we could not tackle the dessert menu. May I say please try it you will not be dissappointed

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wexford, Ireland
“average. has potential to be much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

First visit to this restaurant during the ploughing match. The room is nice and the waiter was top notch managing to service the room by himself very well. However the kitchen let him down with inconsistent dishes. Chowder was fine but Mussels had a strange background taste that we could not work out. maybe it was corked wine? Main course fish Black sole and Plaice were very good but the carrot turnip veg combo was the stuff of little chef roadside cafe. ie one taste was enough. The Creme Brulee had a lovely consistency and the custard tasted great. But there was no crunchy caramelised sugar topping. It was damp sugar which is a shame but we still enjoyed this lovely custard. The review may seem harsh but at the prices charged simple mistakes need to be eradicated. There is clearly talent in the kitchen and i hope to return soon

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
clohultagh, Owner at Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear skoodfarnham,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent dining experience with us. It gave us great pleasure to be able to serve not just attendees and exhibitors of the Ploughing Championships , but we also had the pleasure of serving our famous Silver Fox, Seafood Chowder to the Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the 3 day event in the Visit Wexford Marquee.

I was delighted to read you were left with a lasting impression of the waiter which was “Top Notch” and I was of course disappointed to read your comments regarding our food as you will see from other reviews just how uncharacteristic it is.

I have shared your comments with the Head Chef and his team which we will take on board for future reference.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to make a booking and I would be delighted to look after the details for you.

Kind regards

Shane Carroll

Shane, Gopal and all the team
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is the best restaurant in the world, the food is excellent and the staff are wonderful, Everybody must try this restaurant. also the paintings are amazing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sutton 20,

Delighted to read your review of the Silver Fox,Seafood Restaurant, Kilmore Quay.

I have passed on your kind comments to all the team who are trilled to hear such great feedback.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Silver Fox, Seafood Restaurant, Kilmore Quay in the near future.

Yours,