“Continues to excel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin
“Continues to excel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Having just returned from my 22nd annual trip I have to say the experience continues to amaze. The standard of service is incredible and the food was simply magnificent. My children, in their late teens and early 20`s, still consider this to be their favourite holiday when they get to catch up with friends they made as toddlers. I would have no hesitation recommending Kelly`s to any of my friends.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

My mum 2 sisters and brother stayed at Kelly's for 2 nights Saturday and Sunday. As my mum has some health issues that was a long as we thought she would manage. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and our fellow guests were so friendly.
The whole atmosphere at Kellys is so relaxed you can't but chill out. We were blessed with good weather and enjoyed a swim in the sea albeit freezing but we then had a sauna and used the steam room so soon warmed up. It was a fun and happy place to be and I would thoroughly reccomend it. Bill Kelly must be congratulated on his attention to detail right down to visiting the dining room every night to chat to his guests.
A wonderful experience from start to finish.

• Stayed August 2009
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I visited kelly's hotel recently with my daughter for a short break. We travelled from galway and once we parked the car there it stayed until the day we left. Everything was just wonderful. The evening dinner menu was very extensive and their organic free-range chicken was simply delicious! The staff were extremely courteous and nothing was too much to ask. My wheat/dairy free needs were catered for no questions asked.
I also had a spa treatment given with alot of care and attention by the therapist.
The 40-minute power walk along the beach each morning was just brilliant too!!

Stayed July 2009
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Had spa treatment and food (second visit). First time was so much better.
Food was ok value but didn't really float my boat. Fish is usually safe enough however lacked the flair this time round. Sample menu on the website is a bit far fetched too i.e Fois Gras turns into Pate if you know what I mean. Cosmopolitan Cocktail at the bar was €9.80 served by a bar man who didn't know how to make it and served it in a slim jim glass with a slice of orange and an umbrella!!!! Bit too 80s for €9.80. $6 in New York.....Dosen't get much more "cosmo" than that. Still had a good night though an after the spa got a free "homemade" scone which rocked!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was one of the best holidays we've every had. We travelled with our 2 month old child and it was perfect. The hotel caters for every child need, including a "baby room" with sanitizers, baby feeds, formula etc etc. Tons of stuff to do - adventure golf, tennis, swimming, table-tenis snooker etc etc. Great food. Excellent staff. This place is like a cruise ship on land. Perfect.Thanks Kellys.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I can't comment on the food or general facilities,we didn't stay long enough.Our rooms were in desperate need of an update,very 1970s-infact the whole hotel appeared to be in a time warp.We didn't stay,we left.Sorry.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Eire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My husband and I decided on a 5 night break, arriving Sunday and departing on Friday. I can honestly say that there is not one bad thing I could say about this fabulous hotel. The hotel itself is maintained to a very high standard, the service is excellent, the food is most certainly "to die for". We decided to stay on a "fully inclusive" which included, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner. Every meal was piping hot, delicious, excellent variety and a different menu every day. The dinner at night had the quality of a 5 star restaurant and again, the variety was fabulous. If you love fish the menu has at least 5 fabulous fish dishes and the range of meat ranging from venison, veal, duck etc. is amazing, I dare anybody to say there is nothing on the menu to cater for their tastes.

The rooms were comfortable, clean and over looking the ocean which was amazing to wake up to every morning. The standard was very high, but then the standard in this lovely hotel is 5 star in everything they do.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a relaxing, stress free break. If you love the beach you will be in heaven as there is miles and miles of wonderful strand to walk on. I will definitely be back and cant wait until the next time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!