“Fine dining in Ballybricken” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 118 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant located in the heart of Waterford's old market trading centre - Ballybricken. Having previously run The Wine Vault restaurant on High Street for 15 years, we decided to re-enter the restaurant trade after a few years sabbatical. The site at The Forum provided us with an ideal venue because of its location, space and parking area outside. We grow and rare the majority of the produce that we serve - from fruit & veg to poultry and pork so we are literally bringing you dishes from farm to fork and this is something we are very proud of. Our wine list is constantly under construction and like our old restaurant we aim to import all our own wines from smaller, exclusive vineyards from around Europe paying particular attention to some of the lesser known but brilliant wine producing countries such as Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary amongst others.
Dublin, Ireland
“Fine dining in Ballybricken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family and I enjoyed a beautiful meal at Dennison's to celebrate my birthday. The deboned chicken wings for starters went down a treat with my sister - all the taste without the mess! Two seafood chowders and a fresh Caesar salad were washed down with a fruity Tempranillo - all delicious. For mains I enjoyed a generous portion of fresh sole on a bed of locally sourced vegetables - other mains at the table included beef bourguignon and crispy pork belly, clean plates all round. We were stuffed at this point but couldn't resist the dessert menu. As a birthday treat I ordered the tasting plate - the blueberry and raspberry creme brulée was the definite highlight. Waterford natives and visitors to the city should make the trip to Ballybricken for a wonderful fine dining experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
David D, Owner at Dennison's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hi gaol_bird,

Many thanks for your very kind review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday. Hopefully it will be more of many to come @ Dennison's.

Regards & Thanks

David
Owner - Dennison's Restaurant

Waterford, Ireland
“Absolute Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Delighted when I heard that David Dennison was opening a new restaurant in Waterford. The Forum Ballybricken was a bit of luxury with the extra 5 star attention.The menu was full of home rared products served with delicious greens ,crisp and fresh. There was plenty of daily specials and our only problem was deciding what to have . Make sure and leave room for the dessert . On this occasion we had a mix of many all truly amazing. Everything about the experience was wonderful from the special attention from the owner to the friendly staff combined with decor that created a fine dining experience. The value was amazing . Definitely will be back .

• Visited July 2014
Hi s0phistikates,

Many thanks for taking the time out to write us a review. It was a pleasure having you dine with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

David
Owner - Dennison's Restaurant
Waterford, Ireland
“False Advertising”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We went to Dennisons Restaurant in the Forum recently, as his previous restaurant was very good.

There was a board outside the restaurant advertising a summer menu for 3 courses and a glass of wine for €24.95 and we opted to go for this. However having placed our food order, we proceeded to order our wine only to be told that the wine was no longer on offer with the summer menu. There was no explanation given by the waiter and as we had already ordered our food, we didn't make a fuss but just stayed there and paid for a glass of wine each.

The food was nice enough but this left a sour taste in our mouth and we won't be going back. If something is advertised it should be provided!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
David D, Owner at Dennison's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi Carrie,

I have just seen your review and would like to personally reply to you. First of all, I would like to apologise again for the board outside. We only changed our menu on Thursday and unfortunately only noticed that our board outside still had the glass of wine on it when it was pointed out by your table for which we were grateful. It was an unfortunate error on our behalf and was no way intended to false advertise or mislead our customers. The glass of wine offer on the Summer Menu was for our first month of opening to encourage people to visit our restaurant.

Regarding you having to pay for the wine - are you sure this was charged on your bill as it was was supposed to be complimentary as a thank you for pointing out our mistake? If you still have the receipt I would be more than happy to reimburse you for the wine or alternatively I can check it on our system and as we still have your contact details from the booking, I will be in touch.

Thanks & regards,

David Dennison
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“A delicious and elegant local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our bed and breakfast host recommended Dennison's. It is truly wonderful! The food is delicious! The wine a perfect choice. The decor quite modern and subdued; one should dress up a bit. The owner personally came over to chat, and guaranteed attention to my gluten free diet.
The gluten free was heavy and a bit bland; there is a baker in town who bakes gluten free and her bread is delicious; that is my only negative comment.
If I am lucky enough to return to Waterford, I shall dine here!

• Visited June 2014
Hi Beth,

Many thanks for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate the feedback regarding the gluten free bread and we will strive to improve this going forward!

Regards and thanks,

David Dennison
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent Food and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was in Dennison's Restaurant on Saturday. Easily the best meal that I have had out this year. The staff were very attentive and food was exceptional. All food is sourced locally and you would know from the freshness of the ingredients. The dining area is well decorated and there is loads of space between tables. The tables are also a great size and you have plenty of room. The value was exceptional with a 3 course meal and a glass of wine for €25 per person.

• Visited June 2014