“Amazing as always.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Cork
“Amazing as always.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Myself and my husband stay here every single time we visit Waterford and on every single occasion we really really enjoy our selfs. We couldn't fault this beautiful hotel in any way.
Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Good morning reviewer,

Thank you once again for sharing your recent visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. We are delighted you and your husband enjoy your visit so much on every occassion and that is what we strive to achieve at the Fitzwilton Hotel. We greatly appreciate your very kind words and we look forward as always to welcoming you both again soon.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Overall the hotel was very average, we were very disappointed in the standard of the room, it was extremely basic and the bed was very uncomfortable.I find it hard to believe it is a 4 start! On the upside, the food is the hotel was very nice and extremely reasonable and the location was fantastic!

Room Tip: We didn't upgrade but I did noticed when we were leaving that upgrades were only 15euro so I wou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

I regret to see you found your visit to be average. All of our rooms have to be of a certain size, and standard to comply with Failte Ireland 4* Standards for which all of our rooms do. We have in fact some of the most spacious rooms in the City. All of our rooms have a large en-suite bathroom, plasma tv, iron/board, Free Wi-Fi, safe, Tea/Coffee making facilities, 24 hour room service, seating area, work and vanity station and are all very spacious.
I am dleighted to see you enjoyed the wonderful food on offer at the Met Bar & Restaurant Chez -K's and also our wonderful city centre location.
We do sincerly hope you will get to visit us again soon and perhaps avail of one of our great value upgrades.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Well I arrived at 8pm to check in to find the hotel closed – panic time! So I checked my booking, yes was the right day so phoned the hotel from the car park (which was closed). Reception answered and I said -
(Me) Do you have a booking for me? Yes the girl at the check-in said but we are closed and we have been trying to contact you to tell you the hotel is closed – my answer ‘well that’s worked as I’m here!’
(Hotel) Well we have been trying to get hold of you all day
(Me) Just how have you been trying to get hold of me? I book through hotels.com, don’t you have their number?
(Hotel) Yes it’s a UK number
(Me) Well I’m based in the UK
(Hotel) Well we didn’t phone it... as it was a UK number
At this point I clearly see I was speaking to someone with zero customer service so asked that simple question –
(Me) As I have pre-paid, can you tell me what plans you have made to move me to another hotel?
(Hotel) None you just need to claim the money back from who you booked the hotel with and find another hotel on your own ………….
At this point I was speechless with lack of customer service levels I would except at Faulty Towers I hung up as due to complete shock of how little they cared about guests.
Thank god I had booked via hotels.com, I phoned then and within 5 min they moved my hotel to another hotel and offered compensation. I will never stay in this hotel again and advise people to look at the hotel on the corner on the front, not this one!

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunatley, we did have to close the hotel for a brief period which was out of our control. We did endevour to contact every customer to advise them of the situation and reccommen a hotel within 2 minutes walking distance of us to all guests we were unable to get in contact with which I can assure you was very few. I am sorry you were not given the option of this other hotel when you arrived at the Fitzwilton as this should have been the procedure followed by all members of staff. I can assure you, we have now had a complete refurbishment and are fully back up and runnIng and the hotel looks better than ever. Once again, I am sorry how your situation was dealt with and we would love the opportunity to right these wrongs. Please do feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, but a little noisy as the hotel is on a busy road. Even on the fourth floor the road noise was intrusive. The staff were friendly and efficient. We ate in the bar a couple of times and the food was good and reasonably priced.
The location was great for town centre excursions and is right beside the river for interesting walks.

Parking can be an issue if the hotel is busy. There is nowhere near enough capacity for the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel if the noise of a busy road bothers you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see you found your room clean and comfortable and also enjoyed the service of our friendly and efficient staff too. I am also delighted to see you availed of the great offers available on food and drinks in the hotels Met Bar and that you enjoyed your experience there also. We do advise guests that parking can be limited at peak periods however we do have other options when our car park is full, a mere 2 minute walk from the hotel. Thank you also for your kind comments on our city centre location.

We look forward to welcoming you and yours again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this Hotel as a 3star one night only stay. Good value but certainly could do with improvements. Towels shabby, no tissues, tiny tv, shower curtain smelly, worn and scratched furniture and corridor smelt of smoke although i requested a smoke free room. Bar is nice and breakfast was ok. Not sure id go back unless i couldnt find anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi Theresa,

thank you for your comments. I am sorry to see your room was not up to standard. I am also dissappointed the corridor smelt of smoke. Our entire hotel is non - smoking though unfortunatley some people do break the rules at times which we do our best to manage. I am happy to see you enjoyed the bar and breakfast also.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is really great. Im not sure about the 4 star rating though. While its clean, and we got a good deal on price, it just lacks a little something. The two times Ive stayed the bar area was very quiet indeed, its not like it was off season, one was over Chirstmas and the place was very quiet. The breakfast however was probably one of the best Ive eaten in any hotel. Very high quality food. The only real issue I had was the TV had no remote so couldnt turn it on (tired every possible manual intervention but not a sausage). So on way out that eve asked reception who said one would be dropped up. Upon return said remote was in room, but now it wouldnt operate the TV, it wasnt a big deal we just wanted to have some TV music while tucking into some takeaway food we brought back. Then we realised the very short and narrow sideboard has just one chair, the only other chair in the room was one of those tub chairs so dragged it over and felt a it was kind of slumming it in two odd chairs, on a sideboard about deep enough to hold two take away trays, while listening to music via my phone. C'mon guys, its says 4 star. Would a functional TV be too much to ask for? On leaving when brought up we got an "Im very sorry about that" - as a wise man once said, and where will I cash that thanks?
Maybe they knew we already got a good priced deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Alzy,

thank you for taking the time to comment. I am delighted to see you enjoyed our central location and also that you availed of one of our many great deals. I will be happy to pass your comments to our chef regarding the best hotel breakfast you have eaten. I am very sorry to see the remote control did not operate the t.v and this should have been actioned for you straight away.

Thanks again for your very kind words and hopefully we will get to welcome you again soon to the Fitzwilton Hotel on your next visit to Waterford.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Its proximity to the train station is its best feature, a very short walk and you're there. Free wi-fi is a total plus. Ours was a standard Room and was well appointed and bed very comfortable. Had breakfast there from their buffet service and it was ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello reviewer,

thank you for sharing your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. Yes, we are a mere 2 minute walk from the citys main train and bus stations. We have recently heavily invested in our free wi-fi and now boast among the fastest service in the City. I am dleightd to see you were also satisfied with both your room and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to Fitzwilton Hotel? Share your experiences!