1. I really hate to negatively review anywhere so this is reluctantly done.
2. We came in for a simple bar snack at 17.15 when everything was quiet but didn't manage to escape til 19.00 hours.
3. Our first servings of everything (coffee, wrap, linguini with mussels, prawns amd parmesan shavings) were stone cold.
4. Second attempt produced very bitter over-stewed coffee, but hot!; odd veggie wrap with vinegary warm guacamole and oily salad leafs; and linguini without prawns or parmesan.
5. Half an hour later the linguini dish as per menu and assumptions (hot and with prawns and parmesan) was produced.
6. No reduction on the bill so asked to see the manager.
7. Charged for the main course (linguini) but not for the coffee or wrap.
Conclusion: There are a lot of places in Ireland that you can eat where you will experience better service, better value and better chefs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzwilton Hotel,is located in the heart of Waterford City Centre and only 50 metres from the city's main train and bus station. The hotel also offers free on-site parking and FREE hi-speed WI-FI. All the city's main attractions are but a brief pleasant stroll from our doorstep. The hotel comprises of 90 sumptuous rooms and suites, each individually designed and decorated to the highest of standards. Many of these large spacious rooms offer the unique feature of floor to ceiling windows which give stunning views of the river Suir and the cityscape. Dining at the Fitzwilton is an easy option - Restaurant Chez - K's, as originally proclaimed by the Bridgestone guide to be a "must - do restaurant" in Waterford is simply not to be missed. Renowned locally and further afield for its stunning dishes and most famously for its mouth watering steak dishes, this restaurant will satisfy the most demanding of palettes in the most comfortable and enjoyable surroundings. If you fancy an after dinner drink, relax and unwind in the funky Met Bar. With soft leather lounges and modern lighting and art features, the Met Bar serves an array of quirky cocktails, international wines and beers and serves a delicious bar menu throughout the day and evening. The hotel is located in the very heart of Waterford City so everything you need is but a short walk away. So if you are coming to visit the world famous Waterford Crystal factory, walk the beaches of Dunmore or simply want to explore the delight and history of the 'oldest city in Ireland' you can be guaranteed of doing it in style at the Fitzwilton Hotel. "We look forward to welcoming you." Room Description: All rooms at the Fitzwilton hotel are en-suite and come with shower and bath facilities. Boasting some of the largest rooms in the city, the hotel offers a variety of rooms types such as: Double Rooms - comprising of large double Bed, Twin Rooms - comprising of large double & Single bed, Triple Rooms - comprising of three single beds. All the above rooms are extremely spacious and among the largest in Waterford City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fitzwilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford