“Wonderful B & B” 5 of 5 stars

Ballymacarbry | via Clonmel, Waterford, Ireland   |
Los Alamos, California
“Wonderful B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had no travel plans and found Glasha Farmhouse in the Ireland B & B book. What a gem. Olive made us feel right at home. Four of us stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our nice rooms, delicious breakfasts out in a lovely sun room. Olive gave us info on places to see that we would have otherwise missed. It was above and beyond anything we ever expected. She helped make our trip one of the best ever. We hope to be back to Ireland again and Glasha will be the first on our list to revisit!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Glasha Farmhouse was outstanding. We stayed there 4 nights and had two evening meals there. Olive made you feel very welcome, like you were in her home as guests. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was terrific. The breakfasts were delicious with fresh squeezed orange juice, homemade granola, homemade scones and two types of soda bread and that was just the beginning. Then there was choice of hot breakfasts which included a full Irish breakfast with eggs, blood sausage, regular sausage, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, and toast.
The scrambled eggs with bacon or salmon were also available. For dinner one night we had stuffed chicken breasts and another steaks, which were also excellent. We had a room with a king size bed and nice pillows-very comfortable. There were also tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The farmhouse is a little hard to find. We got lost finding it (had to stop and ask directions) but once your there you can easily get your bearings and find it again. Glasha is in a lovely area of Ireland. We were very close to the Rock of Cashel and the Glen of Aherlow (a beautiful area). This was my sister-in-laws second stay at Glasha and my husband and I would certainly stay here again if we come back to this area of Ireland.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had seen this B&B advertised before this last trip to Ireland but thought it would be out of my price range, but I was on a private tour this time which had scheduled this B&B for us (and when I saw the literature it turned out it was almost underpriced for this particular B&B. I was very pleased and impressed. The hostess was friendly and very kind, as well as being a wonderful cook and perfect hostess. The lawn was large and very tastefully decorated. Foods served were raised on their farm. The house was welcoming and attractive both inside and out and the food was great. I especially loved all the fruit and other choices at breakfast and my room was huge with a private bath, large closet and very comfortable bed. My son and grandson were also quite impressed with the whole experience there and were very happy with their room and the food choices for breakfast. This B&B is out in the country (actually closer to the town of Clonmel than Waterford City). It was very quiet and beautiful with the only sounds being cows which were rarely heard (but not disturbing) and an occasional car going past. It is a quiet country location and I thought, a perfect B&B. I would highly recommend it as a base for touring the Waterford and Kilkenny areas and would not hesitate staying there again myself. Nancy C

Room Tip: Our rooms were upstairs and my bathroom window opened toward the driveway. The other window was larg...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Although it is somewhat off the beaten path, Glasha is worth every minute it takes to get there. Olive is a fantastic hostess! I've never had such an amazing time at a B&B. The house is simply stunning, her cooking is superb, and the atmosphere is every bit the relaxing setting one would look for in the Irish countryside. I cannot wait to go back and stay again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband & I stayed one night (of 3 total B&B's) during our week long trip to Ireland. Tea with homemade fruitcake upon arrival and the breakfast the next morning were delicious! Olive couldn't have been more friendly & helpful to us newcomers to her home & country. We sat with her for tea upon arrival and had a wonderful conversation re: the area, our trip, things we shouldn't miss, and I very much enjoyed getting a true Irish person's view on many topics. She made a dinner suggestion in earby Clonmel and gave directions, also delicious! She even went so far the next morning to take a photo of us in her lovely back yard garden and printed out some directions for us. Thanks to her we had a wonderfully scenic drive to our next night's B&B, she really was so friendly & thoughtful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This B and B is over rated. The location is very isolated and though the farm house is very nicely appointed, it does not deserve a 5 star rating. The owner was very proud of her home made baked goods and freshly squeezed juice but unconcerned that the wireless was only available near the kitchen, not the living space or the bedrooms. The shower was rated by one guest as the best in Ireland which seemed odd as our shower was far from it. I would suggest one of the many other b and b's in Clonmel rather than this isolated and aging property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Glashafarmhouse, Manager at Glasha Farmhouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry you were not too pleased with your stay at Glasha. I really appreciated you being disappointed not having wireless internet in the bedrooms. I am delighted to let you know that I got that problem solved and am up and running in all the bedrooms and throughout the house now. As it is an old house it was a difficult task, but has been completed.
Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed in Glasha a number of times and feel its time to share it with others! Glasha is in a wonderful part of Ireland - on the borders of Tipperary and Waterford. The guesthouse is of superior quality - rooms beautifully decorated with many personal touches. The owner, Olive is a wonderful hostess, friendly, welcoming and charming - also a terrific cook. Breakfasts are amazing - everything home-made, freshly squeezed juices, scones, breads, apple porridge, muesli - the best I've ever tasted, fresh fruits and thats just for starters. The cooked breakfasts are done to order, there were 11 in our party and every order was freshly cooked and no delays in being served which meant we all eat together. Olive is very attentive to details - and makes it all look so easy! If comfort, good food, and great location in the South East of Ireland is what you are looking for - this is the place. I look forward to more return visits in the future

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glasha Farmhouse? Share your experiences!