“Great weekend in Treacy's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treacys Hotel Waterford

Save Saved
You added Treacys Hotel Waterford to your Saves list
Treacys Hotel Waterford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Merchants Quay, Waterford, Ireland (Formerly Days Hotel Waterford)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Waterford
Newry, Co Down
“Great weekend in Treacy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel last weekend and I have to say we had a great time and we are definitely planning to be back in the Summer or beforehand for another weekend. We had planned to go out clubbing in Waterford but we were having such a good night we stayed in the bar at Treacy's. The music was great and there was such a good atmosphere in the bar that there was no reason to leave. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were not afraid to approach them as you do in so many hotels. The room was immaculately clean and very spacious. We were feeling very lazy in the morning and decided to ring for room service so that we could watch tv and relax while having breakfast. We had our breakfast up to the room 10 minutes later and we could not have asked for a more prompt service. It was delicious and just what was needed on a Sunday morning after a little alcohol the night before. I could not praise this hotel enough and will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We have a great team here at Treacys Hotel who work extremely hard to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay. I am delighted to hear that you had a great night in our bar, the atmosphere is always thriving and the craic is mighty. I am thrilled to read that you and your partner will be back to visit us again soon.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just wanted to thank all the staff in Treacys for a brilliant time last weekend. The hotel room was fabulous as i say staff were excellent, especially Sharon on reception and Shona in marketing, you were both fantastic. The leisure suite is top class and had a great night in the bar. Best Weekend and Hotel in a hell of a long time! Thanks Folks :)

Dear Brian,

Thank you once again for such a lovely review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went on a recent visit to Waterford for a weekend, very last minute decision. Treacy's hotel is not somewhere I would recommend. Stayed for 2 nights B&B and one evening meal. Room was average, one plus is that the bed was huge. The evening meal was poor, it was very confusing as to what was on the menu, the menu we were given didn't seem to be what was available from the kitchen. Breakfast is serve yourself, that i didn't mind too much only it was only a bit caotic and unorganised.

One plus for the hotel is the staff, they were so friendly, helpful and only too willing to help.

Treacys Hotel is not somewhere i would stay again, but having said that it did seem that a lot of guests were repeat visitors, sorry to say I won't be one of them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear M Nolan,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience st Treacys Hotel. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this that we can help improve the quality and service at our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you found staff here very friendly and helpful. We have a great team here at Treacys Hotel who are all only too willing to help.

I am disappointed that you did not appear to enjoy your experience with us. As you will see from previous reviews we have received very positive feedback in relation to our food offering. I have however brought your review to our head chief attention.

I do hope that you will return to us again and see why we have so many repeat guests. Once again for your feedback.

County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel after recently staying here for a weekend break.
From the moment we entered until the moment we departed, the staff were all so friendly & welcoming.
The hotel was immaculately clean & the room pleasant. Marian (the manager I believe) was so warm and genuine, she made us feel right at home in the hotel.

We made use of the spa also during our stay & I just can not recommend it high enough! I have never been more relaxed in my life as I was after the hot stone massage.

The location itself is superb overlooking the beautiful river & the shopping literally on the doorstep. Lots of lovely restaurants to chose from too.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to post a review here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed all facilities our hotel had to offer. I will pass your compliments onto the Spa and ensure Marian hears of your kind words too. We are very fortunate in having a great team working here at Treacy's Hotel! We are thrilled that you would recommend our hotel and you will stay with us again.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at Treacy's over the new year. This was my fourth stay here and probably my partners 20th as he stays there every time he goes home to visit family. Yet again we had a fantastic time. All the staff are so friendly. We always have a good chat with the bar staff and Decky is always so friendly and helpful. Food is great and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in waterford. The hotel is right by the bus station and the train station and I can only say good things about it. We will be back again in March.

Room Tip: I haven't commented on the spa because I haven't been to it. I haven't minded any of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Anne,

We are thrilled here at Treacys Hotel that you and your partner had a fantastic stay with us again. We are extremely fortunate in having such a great team working here at Treacys Hotel. We pride ourselves on how helpful and friendly all staff are. I am thrilled to read that you had a very enjoyable New Years with us and I will be sure to pass all compliments about food onto our chiefs.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Love cuming to treacys its such a homely atmosphere, relaxing hotel and staff are more than helpfull. Will be back again in a few weeks cant wait thank you treacys for a lovely weekend!! I defo rate this hotel as my fav in waterford as i have stayed in most of them xx

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lous,

It is always a delight having you stay with us! Thanks for your kind words. See you again in a few weeks!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed in Treacys for the new year with my family, four rooms in total. everything was spick and span, they could not have facilitated us better. Marion from customer service could not do enough for us. Will definatley be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms 345, 340, 338 and 339 were all lovely
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bernadette,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience at Treacy's Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that your group truly enjoyed their stay with us. It is great motivation for the whole team when we receive kind words such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Sales & Marketing

Been to Treacys Hotel Waterford? Share your experiences!