“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treacys Hotel Waterford

You added Treacys Hotel Waterford to your Saves list
Treacys Hotel Waterford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Merchants Quay, Waterford, Ireland (Formerly Days Hotel Waterford)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Watford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at Treacy's over the new year. This was my fourth stay here and probably my partners 20th as he stays there every time he goes home to visit family. Yet again we had a fantastic time. All the staff are so friendly. We always have a good chat with the bar staff and Decky is always so friendly and helpful. Food is great and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in waterford. The hotel is right by the bus station and the train station and I can only say good things about it. We will be back again in March.

Room Tip: I haven't commented on the spa because I haven't been to it. I haven't minded any of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Anne,

We are thrilled here at Treacys Hotel that you and your partner had a fantastic stay with us again. We are extremely fortunate in having such a great team working here at Treacys Hotel. We pride ourselves on how helpful and friendly all staff are. I am thrilled to read that you had a very enjoyable New Years with us and I will be sure to pass all compliments about food onto our chiefs.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Love cuming to treacys its such a homely atmosphere, relaxing hotel and staff are more than helpfull. Will be back again in a few weeks cant wait thank you treacys for a lovely weekend!! I defo rate this hotel as my fav in waterford as i have stayed in most of them xx

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lous,

It is always a delight having you stay with us! Thanks for your kind words. See you again in a few weeks!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed in Treacys for the new year with my family, four rooms in total. everything was spick and span, they could not have facilitated us better. Marion from customer service could not do enough for us. Will definatley be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms 345, 340, 338 and 339 were all lovely
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bernadette,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience at Treacy's Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that your group truly enjoyed their stay with us. It is great motivation for the whole team when we receive kind words such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed in hotel on Thursday 3rd January , front of house staff very nice and welcoming , lovely atmosphere in hotel, great value for money as I stay in lots of hotels during the year, have one gripe which we did not notice until morning of check out we had only been giving 1 set of towels and we were running late so no time to request 2nd set , so house keeping were a little relaxed when doing the room but otherwise room was lovely and clean just a pity about towels as these things do stick in my brain when I would stay in Waterford again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind words. I am thrilled that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your kind words. I am sorry to hear that you only found one set of towels in the bathroom.. All spare towels are located in the wardrobe.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit to Treacys and have to say it is just as good as before. We had a 3 nights new years package, which included new years eve and it was perfect. Staff and food in this hotel are top notch, staff couldnt be more helpful and friendly and food is gorgeous both in the bar and at breakfast. The spa facilities are also perfect. The new years gala night was brilliant, band were great and food was absolutely fabulous.

The only little problem I have with this hotel is the layout of the bar, it is badly laid out and if you want a seat in it you must be prepared to be in there very early and by that I mean before 7pm or you will have to go out to a bar for a drink, which in winter is not a nice idea.

Overall I would highly recommend a stay in Treacys for anyone heading to Waterford city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlooking the river are nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your return visit to Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre. I am delighted that your second trip met with expectations from your first wonderful stay with us. We are very fortunate in having such a great team here at Treacys Hotel. We pride ourselves on how helpful and friendly all staff are. I am thrilled to read that you had a very enjoyable New Years with us and I will be sure to pass all compliments about food onto our chiefs. I am sorry to hear that you found it hard to get seating in our bar. We were extremely busy over the Christmas period. I will speak with our bar manager and see if we can come up with a solution.

Once again thank you for your kind words and your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I would like to say how much i enjoyed my stay in this hotel last night.the staff, the food, the child friendly environment, and the value....fantastic!!!the kids had kids club at just ten euro from 6pm to 9:30pm with a fantastic girl called natasha...extremely child friendly the kids really enjoyed it.which gave us time to eat peacefully in the bar....fab food....great selection.breakfast was just as good with another kids club for free for 2 hours which ment we could pack up in peace.the hotel is overall fantastic!would defo recommend it for family get away.it is close to everything.walk to the square in waterford is about 5-10 min walk.fantastic

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Colleen,

It was our pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I am delighted you took full advantage of the great facilities we have here at Treacy's Hotel. We have a first-class Kids Club and i will be sure to pass your compliments onto Natasha who I know will be thrilled with your kind words. We are delighted that you would recommend us to a friend! We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I would like to thank every member of staff at the hotel. Me and my civil partner were the 1st civil partnership in this hotel. From the ceremony to the dinner to the evening entertainment everything was perfect. What a great hotel to deal with to sort out the every detail (nuala) for us to make our day a day to remember and for everyone that stayed there as most people did. The rooms the food the staff were top class and very highly recommend this hotel to stay in and to have a wedding or partnership. I have to mention Shona and the wonderful Marion for helping us so much on our day brilliant staff. Thank you for everything
M&M

• Stayed September 2012
Dear M&M,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to post a review with regard to your recent Civil Partnership. It was our pleasure holding your Civil Partnership here at Treacy's Hotel. We enjoyed every minute of your stay and we are delighted to hear that such an important occasion was enjoyed by all.

Best wishes to you both for the future and we look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

Sales & Marketing

Been to Treacys Hotel Waterford? Share your experiences!