“nice location but room very noisy from traffic in hotel...lifts, talking, etc.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Treacys Hotel Waterford

You added Treacys Hotel Waterford to your Saves list
Treacys Hotel Waterford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Merchants Quay, Waterford, Ireland (Formerly Days Hotel Waterford)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

the location of the hotel is great and the staff are helpful and friendly. Found the double room a bit small and could hear next door neighbours tv, banging doors etc. you could also hear people going to and from the lift which was very loud, the walls are like paper.
also parking is about 3 to 4 mins walk away which is not nice if it is raining.

Room Tip: if you have a lot of luggage get bigger room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Arrived at the hotel easter sunday evening, found the receptionist friendly. We arrived in time to make the pool, had a bit of trouble finding it but when we did it was well worth it. Lovely jaccuzi(for me) and the kids enjoyed the pool.
The room was quite warm, but there was 5 of us in it, and the proter gave us a fan whih was a great help. We went to Tramore on easter monday, the place was packed, great to see Irish people enjoying their own country in the glourious weather. Only down fall is the amusements can cost a fortune.
That night we left our 3 children in the kids club. This was the highlight of their trip and the clinching point that will make us return in the summer. I dont usually use kids clubs in hotels but all of our really enjoyed it.
All in all a good hotel and reasonalbly priced.

Room Tip: Great for families
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

i booked days hotel for a two night stay for myself,husband,13 year old son and my father. we got interlinking rooms witch worked out very well. we were more then happy with everything i myself work in a hotel in dublin,and could do with our staff staying at days hotel to see how the staff speak and treet people,very nice people all round.thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

we booked this hotel for the mid-term and had a great time. i have a 7 year old girl anf a 5 year old boy. they loved everybit of the stay. there was no kids pool but the pool is only 4 foot deep so was no prob. they have a small games room just off the bar that the kids were able to play in while myself and my husband enjoyed the live music. great fun. the food was fab. don't think i got better food in any other hotel. staff were lovely and would help you in anyway. will be going back this summer

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have never written a review on this site before, but felt absolutely compelled to after our awful stay in Treacy's (formerly Days' Hotel) in Waterford City - if it stops one other person staying here, then it will be worth my writing it. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in February 2011, and only for the fact that we had arranged to meet up with friends on the 2nd night, we would have left the hotel after the 1st night and forfeited our 2nd night's stay (we had to pay upfront upon arrival), it was that bad. It is a dingy, run-down establishment, with a very misleading website (it looked ok on there!). The Reception Area isn't bad decor-wise, so on arrival, we had reasonable hopes, which were quickly crushed! The receptionist was pleasant enough, but check-in was very very slow. I've seen other bad comments on this website re: the corridors/halls and can confirm that they are indeed dark & dull with a dirty carpet and creaking floorboards. There were cages/trolleys for linens/towels constantly left on the corridors for the entire weekend we were there which didn't help. Our room was clean (which was something I suppose) but it was dated and looked like it hadn't been touched since the 1960's. It was smaller than a regular-sized double bedroom in a standard Irish semi detached house. It overlooked a side street/laneway, and was freezing cold. There was a sign next to the small ankle-height radiator instructing guests not to change the setting on the radiator as heating was controlled by an aircon system. This wasn't the case, which we found out after ignoring the sign and fiddling with the radiator knob. It was so cold that we requested extra blankets from Reception - what we got was a single duvet (we had a double bed in our room), with an open duvet cover on it (all the buttons were broken on the cover). On our 1st night, we unfortunately ate in Croker's restaurant. While one of the waitresses was very nice and seemed helpful, we also had to deal with another waitress, who was sour, disinterested and rude. She sighed when she took our order (we weren't trying to order off menu or being picky FYI!) and then literally threw our food onto the table - so much so that the sauce on my main meal almost came off the plate. I had the 'smoked salmon & shrimp fishcake' to start, which was an overlarge hunk of almost entirely mashed potato that contained approx 3 shrimps & a small amount of flaked, cooked salmon (not smoked as per the menu - it actually tasted like tinned salmon). As a potato cake, it wasn't bad, but a fishcake it certainly was not. I ordered the 'rack of lamb' for my main course, and was presented with 3 x lamb gigot chops that were undercooked and tasteless, as were the mixed veg & an enormous plate of overcooked mush that I think used to be ratatouille at one time, that accompanied them. Before our main course was taken from the table, a 3rd waiter came over with a dessert menu, forgetting to remove the dirty plates (and we had obviously finished eating). We visited the pool area on the evening of the 1st day - the pool & steam room were 'OK' but the sauna was out of order, and while there were lockers in the changing rooms, not one of them had a working lock - note this pool / changing area is for non-hotel guests also. The breakfast the following morning was bland and tasteless (and potentially a danger to health considering the undercooked black & white pudding); however, the worst of all was the out-of-date grapefruit juice that I took a large gulp of - I couldn't get rid of the taste for the rest of the day. After all that, we spent as little time in the hotel until it was time to go home, and we ate elsewhere (even though we had paid in advance for breakfast on the 2nd morning). Last thing to note is that the hotel car park is nowhere near the actual hotel which means a walk with heavy bags. I can't stress how awful this place was, but I hope I have given you some idea!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wexford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

When I arrived I was put in a room at the back of the hotel, with the smallest window I have ever encountered in an Irish hotel room. It was maybe 4foot by 4 foot. As I was staying during the off-peak season (a Wednesday and Thursday in February), I asked to be moved to a room with a bigger window. I was moved to a room looking out onto the quay. If you stay in this hotel, I would strongly advise you to stay away from these rooms! The windows are not sound proof!! The sound of traffic kept me away for a lot of the night.

The following morning, after very little sleep, I asked to be moved. The receptionist explained that all the rooms looking out onto the quay front has the same problem. (I wrongly thought my room was the exception). Yet for some reason, the receptionist still relocated me to another room overlooking the quay!! On my way down, yet again to reception, I bumped into another staff member. She was absolutely wonderful and saved the day - finding a room for me which didn't look out onto the quay. Thank god for her. If she didn't help out, i would have packed up and foregone the second night of my holiday.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

was well used, but not shabby... rabbit warren to find rooms but still easy with luggage.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Treacys Hotel Waterford? Share your experiences!