“A hidden gem indeed!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Waterford, Ireland
“A hidden gem indeed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was brought here recently by a few friends for Friday lunch and i was so impressed. The food was really tasty and the staff were so nice and friendly. I work in the city but I'd have no hesitation of going for a short spin out to Kilmeadon now for lunch as I know the food would be so plentiful and tasty. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“a hiiden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stop here for lunch when passing through or in waterford.Food always top class.looking at other diners and there meals ,all look delicuos.Waitresss always attentive and always ask during meal if alll ok.
Well done to the Chef for excellant food and a great selection of meals to choose from at reasonable price.
A little reluctant to spread word about how good this country pub is.
Keep up the high standards to all staff.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Great food,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We just ate a late lunch here and split the seafood chowder and the seafood pie. Fantastic! We both wish we could stay nearby tonight and spend the evening.

If you are in the area, stop by. You won't be disappointed!

Waterford, Ireland
“Great Country Pub , Love That Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This Is My Local Contry Pub and I find it lovely . The Food Is Brilliant And The Staff Always Talk to You And Know You By Your Firs Name ( If You Are A Local ) Gr8 Value Too. !!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edenderry
“Best pub lunch we've had anywhere in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We happened upon this pub when we arrived from Dublin and hadn't come across anywhere on the M7 to have lunch. And it was a great find.

The staff were charming, efficient and very busy. And yet they managed to find the time for a little chat with everyone and especially to have a special word with their regulars.

There were a number of specials at €10.00 - Roast lamb, Chicken burger, Salmon and, I think Lasagne was the fourth. We saw all four being served and they all looked equally delicious.

My companion ordered the chicken burger and when it arrived it was made up of an entire chicken breast covered in a delicious coating. It was served with handmade chips and a side salad. I am assured that it was absolutely excellent.

I ordered a soup and a sandwich. The waitress told me that there was a soup and sambo combo which would cost less. So I took up her suggestion. The soup was a gorgeous cream of vegetable soup which had a very rich flavour. It was piping hot and very filling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sandwich took my breath away - it was a generous portion of really good smoked salmon served on homemade brown bread along with salad. I requested no onions or raw pepper, and that's exactly how it arrived. It was made up of mixed leaves with tomato, beetroot and some cucumber. I had to disassemble the sandwich to fit it into my mouth so I, in fact, had two separate slices of lovely brown bread with both salmon and salad. And it was wonderful.

I ordered tea and there was enough for two people - and that's saying a lot as I'm a teacholic and can normally finish any pot I'm given.

The staff, ambiance and prices in O'Donnacha's matched the food - all excellent.

• Visited September 2012