“Wonderful Experience all round” 5 of 5 stars

Tower Hotel Waterford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Mall, Waterford, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Cork
“Wonderful Experience all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently attended a Gala night in The Tower Hotel and could not fault one thing about our stay. I have stayed here before and our bedroom on this occasion was much cosier and brighter than before with brand new furniture etc..The room was spotless with everything to hand including tea making facilities, not so common place anymore in Irish hotels! Our meal on the night was absolutely superb and surpassed my expectations, given the high number of diners (around 250) I was really taken aback by the quality of food and also the service - well done to all the junior staff who tended to this large crowd so efficiently and with a smile too! I would like inparticular to thank Deirdre, the events manager who catered so nicely for my few special requirements. Well done to the Tower hotel, I would not hesitate in returning for future events.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed our Christmas Party Night and your accommodation.

I will pass on your comments to the Patrick our Banqueting Manager and his team.
We also have a great crew behind the scenes in our Accommodation and Kitchen departments who help us deliver every time.

We hope to see you again really soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days three years in a row as a single business traveller. Last visit has turned me off. Modern, non-descript hotel in a superb location on the quays in Waterford city which is a great place to visit. Perhaps the hotel has a priority focus on bus tour guests and group booking. Checked in and found that my room was very basic almost akin to student accommodation, a long narrow room with wall mirror to enhance the appearance of the size of the room. The bathroom was so small that there was just sufficient clearance to close the door, there was no adequate space to place robe/tolietries etc.The room was dark and headboard was dusty. I went to reception to ask if I could have a room change and was told sorry no, as there were no other rooms vacant. Receptionist suggested that since I had been a guest before that she would "look after me next time". This wan;t much help and words rang hollow when one of my colleagues arrived to check in and there was no record of his booking and they immediately accommodated him in a suite.
Bar staff are friendly and efficient. Ate here for lunch and one dinner. Standard bar food fare with no frills but adequate value for money. Breakfast and dining room are another matter, staff are hurried, inattentive to service needs such as clearing tables and removing used items having placed a new guest at a table, Cost cutting very evident here, cheap jams and butter substitutes. Had to ask three times for some butter. Quality of cereals, breads, juices, coffee and jams on the poor end of the range. Not very appetising to watch staff clearing up after breakfast service and scraping jams back into large storage jars. Breakfast service seemed a bit disordered. Good value hotel for families and has a pool and well located. Plenty of better choices for business travellers in Waterford city.

Room Tip: No tip. Staff were singularly unhelpful.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for what appears to have been a disappointing stay. As I am unaware of your specific details and from the information provided about your accommodation, I am assuming that you booked one of our internal rooms. These rooms are described as basic yet functional and are priced to reflect this.

I apologize that your contact with our team in general seems to have been sub standard. This is most disapponiting and I have shared your feedback with our team.
With regard you our breakfast product we use only brand leaders for our cereals and we do not use substitute products.

Once again please accept my apologies, and I do hope you will return to us again in the very near future and afford us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the service we provide.
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

booked a family celeberation graduation dinner in this hotel on the 03/01/2013.we had a party of 12 people sitting.when we arrived we were met by the restaurant manager and shown to our table which we requested by the window.staff were very friendly,there was plenty of time between courses,food was very good,nice selection of wines to choose from.all said it was a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

rooms were comfortable, staff were hospitable, food amazing, location perfect, price was spot on will definitaly return, thank you Tower hotel :) located minutes from the sea, shops and fantastic spots. train station a bit far but it is worth the walk!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had our Christmas Party at the Tower Hotel in Waterford on Saturday night December 1st. From the very first interaction I had with the events team, until we checked out Sunday morning, I could not commend them high enough. The staff were very professional and competent in their approach. The accomodation was excellent; clean rooms and bathrooms. The meal we recieved in the Lara Restaurant was commended by all, and a wonderful selection on the menu. I would highly reccomend this Hotel to anyone staying in Waterford City.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Tower Hotel faces Reginald's Tower across the street and is just across from the Theater Royal. It partly faces up 'The Quay' and is at the opposite end downstream from the bridge across the river - about 750m. For those arriving by train, it is about 1km - cross the bridge and then along "The Quay". The Coach station is about half way along "The Quay" and so is a shorter walk. Motorists have free parking in a code controlled open Car Park out the back, but there is a drop off space on the busy street outside. Check-in is quick and efficient and the reception area is spacious. The rooms are well kept although mine had a little wear & tear evident. My room overlooked the busy frontage but any traffic noise was compensated for by the view up-stream. The back of the hotel overlooks the car park but is probably quieter. The Restaurant should be booked in advance at reception and on my visit was quite full. The menu was fairly extensive and varied and deals were available - dinner for 2 + bottle of wine €59, and so on. The food was served promptly and was very good. I didn't try the bar and adjourned to the Munster Bar across the street instead. The bar area also serves food and was well patronised. The B&B deal I had was a commercial rate at €65 which is a little expensive for this type of overnight trip that i occasionally make. But when compared to other hotels in the area comes out the cheaper. The deal includes the use of the Gym & Swimming Pool. i didn't try the Gym which seems to have a fairly good selection of Cardio machines - bikes/treadmills and so on. The Pool area is clean and tidy and equipped with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. There is also a plunge pool but this was still. I would expect that the water in this should flow and be filtered as persons diving in from the hot environments should not have to shower beforehand as this ruins the experience - so I was wary of jumping into water possible tainted with the sweat of others. Also, the Sauna is located at the far end of the pool area so it is not possible to 'jump out' and 'jump in'. A little off putting too was the amount of 'do not...." notices all around the pool and changing area. I suggest changing these to "Do" as this gives a more positive approach. For example "Do Not Run" is perfectly sensible but negative whereas "Please WALK for you safety" is much more encouraging especially where there are many such notices required. Breakfast was self-service from a good array of cereals, fruits and hot dishes. They even had blaa [ a local bread found only in Waterford]. I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Front for View - and maybe traffic noise. Back for quiet but no view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I come back at least twice a year, to Waterford and this is a brilliant place to stay. The hotel itself is well-situated and easy access to everywhere we wanted to go to. The room we were given was first class and, as my husband has mobility problems and sometimes is unable to join me the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a room with a view. The staff are exceptional and very pleasant and helpful. They make us feel very welcome and a bit special, too. Loic, Jonas and the Bistro staff are some of the nicest people we have ever met and are very efficient. The food is superb too. The friendliness and efficiency of everyone at the Tower Hotel must be due to a good Management team and a big "well done" to them for running such a tight ship. We will continue to come back to this wonderful Hotel every year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your very kind review. Thank you for returning to us time and time again. We love to see familiar faces and we appreciate your continued loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Been to Tower Hotel Waterford? Share your experiences!