“Aoife-5star service-will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Woodlands Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dunmore Road, Waterford, Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Waterford
Cork Ireland
“Aoife-5star service-will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I stay in a lot of hotels and in my experience I usually find people are well equipped to complain rather than seek the positives in a premises. Myself and my new wife stayed here 23rd and loved everything, from the moment we arrived we were greeted by Aoife, huge smile, fierce chat and gave all info required for us to enjoy our stay. Throughout the night I noticed that this girl was everywhere and as DM -duty manager she ran the hotel. The bar was tipping away nicely while she ran in and out looking over the running of the bar and residents with dinner included in their packages, she also managed to consistently check people in with the same professionalism as she had given us.
The room we got was superb Room 216 right next to the lift and fabulously furnished. The room was cold when we got in but low and behold I didn't complain I simply turned on the radiator myself! We had a lovely meal in the restaurant attending a family function.
All in all we both enjoyed our one night away, slept very comfortably, really enjoyed breakfast which in my opinion is very important if not more important than dinner as this is your last meal before you leave so a good impression is vital. Breakfast manager superb, greeted with smile, newspaper, fresh food, selection of pastries, yoghurts, fruit, cereals, porridge cooked to order. Full Irish buffet if that's your thing my wife loved the scrambled eggs as they were so fresh.
Checkout was fab, lovely blonde girl super friendly again, asked did we enjoy stay and was delighted that we did and said don't hesitate to call again. Which we will. I should note that the FOH Manager I dealt with on booking originally was so friendly as well. Staff friendliness is the big plus here and I hope that the management reward the staff for taking such good care of us.
Many thanks,
Regards James & Laura.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Donegal Town, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent staff in all departments. Very good value and reasonable. A comfortable and well located hotel to suit exploring the South East of Ireland. Excellent, clean and well maintained leisure centre with first class service with discreet and efficient supervision.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Smack19126d,

Thank you for your comments on your stay here in the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you were looked after by the staff extremely well. I have passed all your comments onto the town.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have spent recently one night in this hotel.And it was great!The staff were really friendly.The room was spacious.I did not eat in the restaurant,but I used the room service,which was really fast and the staff from the bar was really friendly as well.Overall I had a good time.Definitely would recommend.And I am looking forward to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nordly55.

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to read that you would recommend the Woodlands Hotel and more importantly would return.

I have passed all your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

stayed at the hotel last night, got no sleep at all, a vent or air condisioning vent was on out side throught the whole night. the room really needed to be up to date could change there coffee in the room it tast wrotten tea ok.TV as old as the hills and so was kettle. At the reception customer service lacked as they were not really friendly, left my key back and i said thank you no reply. Overall terrible stay.

Room Tip: if you want sleep and and up to date room just dont botter booking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Larmer1,

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay here in the Woodlands Hotel. I would be greatful if you could contact me directly as I would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed in the Woodlands Hotel on severl occasions,but had not been here for about three years until the new year.I have always loved our visits to this hotel and never had any reason to complain about anything. We arrived on 30th December and stayed until new years day.
This time we were staying on room only basis through octapus.When we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist.We went to our room which we were very pleased with on arrival. I noticed the room was quite dark and when I checked the lamps there was no bulb in one. When we tried the television the remote control would not work. I mentioned the bulb to the receptionist and explained that my husband is visually impaired and she said that they would have to wait until the next day to get it replaced and they would get us a new remote for the tele. They left another remote for us but it would not work either but i didnt mind too much because I just needed to stand on the chair to change the stations manually. We ate dinner both nights in the bar and the food was lovely as were the bar staff and the lady that worked on the food counter was so nice. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant on new years morning and it was really nice and very reasonable at 10 euro each. There was a different receptionist on the desk on new years eve and I again asked about the bulb for the lamp but was told they didnt have access to get bulbs.There was a wedding at the hotel on new years eve and the hotel was very busy, we met some lovely lads from tyrone who were home from brisbane for the wedding.All in all we enjoyed our stay there but next time maybe we should bring some bulbs with us :) I also thought that the sofa in the room was faded and may need updating. Would definitely return there though as I really like this hotel and the staff are so nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear hbucket1,

Thank you for your respond. I am delighted to read that you are a repeat guest with us here in the Woodland Hotel, Waterford.

I have to apologize about the light bulb incident and please be assured we have taken note of your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Booked in with my wife for one night.
Lucky we only live 45 min away as we had to turn round and go home.
The first room we were put in a leg was broke off the bed which gave it a big slope back to one side. The curtains were faded away and filthy.
Both floors were thick with paint fumes that would poison you.
The second room had stained carpet which looked like blood. A big extractor fan was roaring outside the window, which would have had to be open to let the fumes out.

Find somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear SEN77,

Thank you for your review. As discussed we are currently c undergoing a small amount of refurbishment on our bedrooms which includes painting and varnishing etc
Again I apogize for the issues you encountered during our stay.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford in the future.

Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding last weekend had a great time staff are very friendly especially the girl that was on reception didn't catch her name had a family room booked which was clean & comfortable breakfast was good plenty of choice great place for a wedding .will def go back for the food and great service keep it up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Munsterfanwaterford,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments. I will ensure to pass your comments onto the team who I am confident will find very motivation.

We hope to Welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford in the not so distant future.

Claire O'Mahony

Been to Woodlands Hotel? Share your experiences!