“Great” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dunmore Road, Waterford, Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Waterford
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have spent recently one night in this hotel.And it was great!The staff were really friendly.The room was spacious.I did not eat in the restaurant,but I used the room service,which was really fast and the staff from the bar was really friendly as well.Overall I had a good time.Definitely would recommend.And I am looking forward to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Nordly55.

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to read that you would recommend the Woodlands Hotel and more importantly would return.

I have passed all your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

stayed at the hotel last night, got no sleep at all, a vent or air condisioning vent was on out side throught the whole night. the room really needed to be up to date could change there coffee in the room it tast wrotten tea ok.TV as old as the hills and so was kettle. At the reception customer service lacked as they were not really friendly, left my key back and i said thank you no reply. Overall terrible stay.

Room Tip: if you want sleep and and up to date room just dont botter booking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Larmer1,

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay here in the Woodlands Hotel. I would be greatful if you could contact me directly as I would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed in the Woodlands Hotel on severl occasions,but had not been here for about three years until the new year.I have always loved our visits to this hotel and never had any reason to complain about anything. We arrived on 30th December and stayed until new years day.
This time we were staying on room only basis through octapus.When we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist.We went to our room which we were very pleased with on arrival. I noticed the room was quite dark and when I checked the lamps there was no bulb in one. When we tried the television the remote control would not work. I mentioned the bulb to the receptionist and explained that my husband is visually impaired and she said that they would have to wait until the next day to get it replaced and they would get us a new remote for the tele. They left another remote for us but it would not work either but i didnt mind too much because I just needed to stand on the chair to change the stations manually. We ate dinner both nights in the bar and the food was lovely as were the bar staff and the lady that worked on the food counter was so nice. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant on new years morning and it was really nice and very reasonable at 10 euro each. There was a different receptionist on the desk on new years eve and I again asked about the bulb for the lamp but was told they didnt have access to get bulbs.There was a wedding at the hotel on new years eve and the hotel was very busy, we met some lovely lads from tyrone who were home from brisbane for the wedding.All in all we enjoyed our stay there but next time maybe we should bring some bulbs with us :) I also thought that the sofa in the room was faded and may need updating. Would definitely return there though as I really like this hotel and the staff are so nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear hbucket1,

Thank you for your respond. I am delighted to read that you are a repeat guest with us here in the Woodland Hotel, Waterford.

I have to apologize about the light bulb incident and please be assured we have taken note of your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Booked in with my wife for one night.
Lucky we only live 45 min away as we had to turn round and go home.
The first room we were put in a leg was broke off the bed which gave it a big slope back to one side. The curtains were faded away and filthy.
Both floors were thick with paint fumes that would poison you.
The second room had stained carpet which looked like blood. A big extractor fan was roaring outside the window, which would have had to be open to let the fumes out.

Find somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear SEN77,

Thank you for your review. As discussed we are currently c undergoing a small amount of refurbishment on our bedrooms which includes painting and varnishing etc
Again I apogize for the issues you encountered during our stay.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford in the future.

Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding last weekend had a great time staff are very friendly especially the girl that was on reception didn't catch her name had a family room booked which was clean & comfortable breakfast was good plenty of choice great place for a wedding .will def go back for the food and great service keep it up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Munsterfanwaterford,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments. I will ensure to pass your comments onto the team who I am confident will find very motivation.

We hope to Welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford in the not so distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding in the woodlands hotel in December 2012 and have nothing but praise for this hotel. From dealing with Claire we new we would be looked after! The staff on the day were just exceptiOnal and so professional. The food was amazing. Overall cannot say enough well done woodlands hotel and staff! The tall
Guy that was managing the staff was superb! Thanks for the best day of our lives :)

• Stayed December 2012
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Bridetobe97,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you read your comments about your Wedding Day here in the Woodlands Hotel. We understand that a Couples Wedding Day is one of the most important days of their lives and work hard to guarantee the highest standards for our wedding couples.

Again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

From all the team at the Woodlands Hotel we wish you all the best for the future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night just before christmas, my boyfriend and i were full of christmas cheer and hoped to find the same at the hotel.. sadly it was not to be. we checked in late afternoon after a festive afternoon in the city, to a cold and unwelcoming receptionist. After a short wait as the receptionist dealt with a problem on her system she checked us in, we were handed our keys without any information on the hotel, breakfast times, leisure centre, dinner times not even an indication as to which direction we should go to find our room. The room it self was very clean and quite large however the chocolates and wine that we were to receive on arrival were not in the room, but were promptly delivered by a very friendly guy after a quick call to reception. Room was roasting during our stay and breakfast was cold and tasteless. As i work in hospitality myself perhaps my expections were high, good location and impressive apperance on arrival however it is not a hotel i would rush back to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tipp2013,

Thank you for your respond. Further to our conversation I am delighted that you would be happy to return to the Woodlands Hotel.

Again I cannot apologise enough for the treatment you received on arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Claire O'Mahony

Been to Woodlands Hotel? Share your experiences!