“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Canada Street, Waterford, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is nice enough and what you'd expect for three stars. The bed was okay, shower was average, and the television was old. Of course we aren't on holiday to watch t.v., so not a big deal. Overall it was clean and mostly quiet. Breakfast in the restaurant in the morning had typical choices and quality. As we've found all Irish people, this staff was helpful and friendly - surely the highlight of the location. Being on the river is nice, but I wouldn't say it is scenic. The location being on the edge gives you a short walk to the sites in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to put up photographs to show your room and views. I hope you both enjoyed the rest of your break away and look forward to meeting you again in the near future.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a lovely room right next to the river which was spacious and comfortable. Facilities of the hotel (car parking, wifi, food and drink) were all again above average as was all the very helpful staff. Only minor complaint was the breakfast selection was limited. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us and on foot of your comment regarding breakfast we have revisited our inhouse procedures to ensure all our guests are aware of the full extent of our breakfast menu's.
Many thanks again for your kind comments about the hotel and we look forward to meeting you both on your return visit.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've stayed a few times at the Waterford Marina Hotel now and can thoroughly and unreservedly recommend the comfort of the beds, the cleanliness, the simple spacious rooms with river views, the top-notch breakfast coffee and the warmth and professionalism of the staff.

Having had a superb dinner here in the restaurant on the previous stay I was looking forward to lunch on my last trip, but found the bar food not just disappointing by comparison, but positively awful. The chips were vile, made with totally the wrong texture of potato so they were floury instead of crispy - whilst somehow managing to be both soggy and dry at the same time. Horrid mouth-feel. My steak was gristly and overcooked and not even hot when it arrived.

So - feel confident in breakfast and dinner - but I would avoid the bar lunches based on this experience.

Good parking by the way. Most hotels in Waterford do not have their own parking so it's a real bonus to be able to park safely and not worry about getting a parking ticket at 8.30 the next morning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you have chosen to return to us on a few occasions and I would welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you on your next visit.
I apologise for the shortcomings you experienced on this visit and have discussed your comments with the Head Chef who is committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their food with us in both the Waterfront Restaurant and Bar.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Waterford City and in the meantime I hope you have an enjoyable Summer.
Kind Regards
wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We arrived at the Hotel on Sunday afternoon and met Ronan on reception. He was very friendly and efficient. Our room was lovely, clean and comfortable - couldn't have asked for nicer. The restaurant was lovely - food excellent good choices and perfectly served. Lovely friendly staff there too.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are very quiet, in general it is hard to believe the hotel is a ston...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor for the Waterford Marina Hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your few days away and it is very nice of you to remember Ronan who is the newest member of our reception team and seems to making good impressions already. I have passed on your lovely comments to all departments and we would all hope to meet you both in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Although this hotel was three star it was spotlessly clean and had every amenity we needed. Our room overlooked the river which was almost in touching distance. Quite lovely with the sun shining on it.
The room was basic compared with a four or five star with marble surrounds etc but everything worked properly. The shower was great.the bed comfortable,in fact everything was spot on.
The staff in the hotel were exceptional. They have all worked there for a long time and get on like a family and obviously take pride in their work.
The restaurant was airy, modern and contemporary. BUT the food was amazing. More like a five star hotel. It was the best meal of our holiday.
Terrific value for money

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for writing such a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us, I have passed on your kind comments to all departments and I have to say that I am very lucky to work with such a nice team they really all do their very best to make sure our guests are looked after. I have a special hello and thanks from the kitchen team they are delighted you enjoyed their cooking.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland and we look forward to meeting you all again in the very near future.
Karen and the Team
Waterford Marina Hotel
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a UK and Ireland tour. Staff were very pleasant our room was not that large but very clean and well maintained. It is in a nice quiet area but a short walk into town. Food at the hotel for a light dinner and breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated by myself and the team here.
I hope your visit to Ireland was memorable and I can assure you on your return visit to Waterford we will be happy to arrange a river view room.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

A reasonable comfortable room, nice food, though breakfast choice was limited. Biggest disappointment was a narrow bath with a shower curtain which was difficult to wrestle with, fabric shower curtains have no place in a modern hotel! the frustration was somewhat calmed by the lovely river view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our river views but dissappointed to see you did not enjoy our choices on the Waterfront Restaurant Breakfast menu - we have a variety of juices and cereals, selection of breads, scones & croissants plus a selection of fresh/tinned fruit and fruit yoghurts (rhubarb is recommended) For the hot menu we offer - Sausages, Rashers, Black/White pudding, hash browns, beans, tomatos, scrambled and or fried eggs with poached cooked to order plus the fish of the day and cold meats & cheeses prepared to order and chef will also prepare porridge the way you like also cooked to order. The menu's are displayed on all the breakfast tables and we encourage our guests to read them ask for anything they want and if we have it and chef can do it we are happy to get it for you.
I hope that you will stay with us again and welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you and ensure that you both enjoy all aspects of your next visit.
Karen Dollery

Been to Waterford Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!