“Overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Waterford
Cork
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked into the Marina for one night as I was doing some work in Waterford. I was very impressed by this hotel and the standard of service and so pleasant. Parking is looked after too which is very good in a city centre hotel. I didn't eat there but highly recommend them for a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a room looking out on the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out after your recent stay to write a review on Tripadvisor for The Waterford Marina Hotel. Your kind comments about the hotels standards of service is greatly appreciated and I can't thank you enough for highly recommending us as a good place to stay while visiting Waterford City wheter on business or leisure.
We look forward to meeting you again in the near future and I would welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you.

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
cavan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The hotel itself is very basic, and the pillows are like blocks! The rooms were spacious and clean with plenty of space for hanging clothes.
The staff were exceptional, every single one of them we met had a pleasant smile and a lovely warm manner. A double A for them!
The food was only all right. We had poached eggs which were very soggy, but the full breakfasts were good, and there is a good selection of fruits and yoghurts.
Location good too, so we had a lovely break, and really appreciated how helpful the staff were.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, (and some extra soft pillows )
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for thinking about us after your recent visit and sharing a review on Tripadvisor with other readers. I am delighted to see that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us here at the Waterford Marina Hotel. I would like to say that myself and the staff appreciate the Double A award and we would love to welcome you back on a return visit in the very near future.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I realise Waterford is a pricey part of the world, but I expected a little more for my money here. The room, whilst fine, was on the small side, and in the middle of winter it would be nice if radiators were turned on in advance of a guest's arrival - I had to sleep with a blanket. Free wifi had the occasional blip. There is no gym. On the plus side: the staff were helpful and accommodating, including allowing us to leave our car in the car park until late on the day that we checked out. A safe enough choice but don't expect to be blown away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I appreciate your kind comments about our staff being helpful and accommodating and that the use of our carpark was a plus for you after checkout. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit to Waterford City.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice older hotel overlooking water. Free secured parking a major plus. Very nice and helpful staff.

Rooms are clean and comfortable [but a little old]. Free Wifi.

Very lively and loud bar downstairs.

We had room [407] over front door on upper floor and there was a parade of very drunk patrons getting into cabs past 2 am. It did not really bother us. Noise from bar and patrons may bother light sleepers. So ask for a high room away from front door [especially on weekends].

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent trip to Ireland. It is lovely to read that you appreciated our complimentary onsite car park and that the staff looked after you both during your stay.
I hope you have a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went there as a group of 8 adults, it is our second time there, we still were not disappointed with our week-end, food was beautiful, rooms very comfy and clean, staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would comment on is the music they had on friday night 1st Feb was brillant and both the lads really interacted with crowd but sat night was the direct opposite so maybe they could have a look at that.
It is very close to the town, so very handy for shopping, and the shops are great.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking river
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, we were delighted to welcome you and your friends back for a return visit, it is lovely to read that you were not disappointed and you enjoyed our food, rooms and I can say that the staff enjoyed looking after you all last weekend.
I will discuss the weekly events in the Waterfront Bar with the musicians involved.
I hope to meet you all again in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team to ensure good rates and river view rooms for you.
Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here back between christmas and new years for my girlfiends birthday. Lovely hotel in a very handy location. Nice staff, very secure customer parking, and very nice food in the restaraunt. Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you and your girlfriend chose to celebrate a special occasion here with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel and your kind comments regarding our location, parking, good food, value for money and nice staff are greatly appreciated.
I would like the opportunity to introduce myself to you both on your return visit in the not too distant future.
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

we bough a voucher for our parents at christmas and they went in the middle of january. They loved everything, lovley view fantastic food and they werent treated any differently for paying by voucher, my parents are very particular and were incredibly impressed they said the staff were amazing

Room Tip: most rooms have a lovely view!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that your parents enjoyed their stay with us, I understand that when buying a voucher as a gift you are concerned wheter you have made the right choice so Its great to see you are happy with your decision and hopefully you and your parents will visit us again in the future.
I will pass on your lovely kind comments to the staff and we look forward to meeting your parents again.
Karen Dollery

Been to Waterford Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!