“Would recommend it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Wicklow, Ireland
“Would recommend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 1st of December for two nights and would definitely recommend it. From the moment we walked in the door we were made feel welcome, Melissa on reception was really lovely and very friendly. All the staff throughout the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful, from the breakfast staff to housekeeping.

Our room was spacious and very clean, the bed very comfortable. We did hear some music from the bar, but it wasn't on late.

The hotel is within walking distance to the main shopping area, we were going to the theatre which is less than a 5 minute walk. We didn't use our car at all during our stay.

Thank you to everyone at the hotel for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I would like to thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor for the Waterford Marina Hotel, it really is great to read about everything you enjoyed during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you both back for a return visit to Waterford City and in the meantime I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My friends and i stayed in Waterford Marina Hotel recently. It was was a fabulous stay. We were treated very well. We arrived and The receptonist Caroline was very friendly and helpful to us. Our room was spotless clean the cleaning staff really do a good job. We got breakfast the next morning and it was delicious. Helen served us breakfast and she was extremely nice. All the staff in this hotel are very nice and helpful which means a lot. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in the Marina and would definitely stay in it again. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Waterford.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review The Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and most importantly to me and all the staff that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Waterford City.
Looking forward to meeting you again and in the meantime have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Karen and All The Staff
at the
Arklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My Girlfriend And I Recently Stayed At The Waterford Marina And I Have To Say It Was A Really Pleasant Stay We Were Looked After From The Minute We Got There To The Minute We Left! The Hotel Is Well Managed And The Staff Are Friendly, Courteous, Very Helpful And Always Have A Smile For You, We Plan On Staying There On Two Trips We Have Planned For Next Year We Were That Pleased With The Service. A High Standard Of Housekeeping Is Maintained And The Rooms Are Spacious And Bright. Also The River Views Really Are Nice To Wake Up To In The Morning. We Had Some Dinner In The Hotel On Our Last Night And The Food Was Delicious. Tasty, Well Presented, Cooked Well And Generous Portions Too And The Ice Cream In The Chocolate Wafer Basket Is Really Good A Must Try! I Really Recommend Staying Here As Its A Lovely Hotel In A Perfect Location To Explore All Waterford City Has To Offer. Also If You Are Driving It Is Easy To get To And They Have A Free Secure Car Park That Is Access Controlled So You Need Not Worry About Your Car! 10/10 Could Not Fault This Hotel :) I Will Be Back Soon!

Room Tip: Just Ask For A River Veiw Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for writing such a detailed and complimentary review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay in The Waterford Marina Hotel, it is lovely to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to us and that you are planning return visits in the new year.
We hope that you both have a wonderful Christmas and we look forward to meeting you again in the New Year.
Karen and all the team
at the
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here while working in the town for one night. I phone in advance before booking to check if they could accomodate a van in their car park, which was no problem. The room was great and I had a good nights sleep.
I had an evening meal in the bar which was excellent value pub grub. The main dinning room was not open, so I can't comment on it. Be warned the portions are big! Breakfast in the morning was good as it was cooked to order. Checkin and check out was handled fast and efficiently. If your are visiting the town the hotel is in a great location, only 5 minuets walk from the centre of town. I will stay here again the next time I have work in Waterford.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, we are very lucky to have an area that facilitates parking for larger vans/trucks and this is certainly a great advantage for our guests. We all really appreciate your lovely comments about our food, service and staff, we are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are working in the city.
Many thanks again
Karen and all the Staff
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have just returned from our second stay at the lovely Marina, having spent a few days there in July 2012. This time we travelled with our friends who also thought it was a cracking hotel, and superb value-for-money - we were all lucky enough to be allocated spacious, river view rooms. The staff at the Marina are all friendly and helpful, especially Karen who gave us advice about places to visit nearby (although no doubt any of the staff would have been equally as helpful if we'd asked). All-in-all we had a fabulous stay and are already making plans for a return visit next year.

Room Tip: River view rooms every time!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing such a lovely review on Tripadvisor about the Waterford Marina Hotel, I am delighted to have been able to meet you and your friends during your second trip to Waterford and we look forward to your next trip.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ensure allocation of a lovely riverview room.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent the weekend in Waterford and stayed at the Marina hotel. The suite we had was enormous, 2 couches and enough floor space for a small disco. The only issue was an annoying 'clicking' noise from the radiators that no amount of adjustment could eliminate. The first night we ate in the hotel itself, the set menu is good value but we decided to eat off the a la carte menu. My chowder was very tasty, but Marys tartlet was served cool and would have benefitted from being warmer. We both had fish and had no complaints. Wine was just fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. All in all a very good value stay and well worth your consideration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your break away in Waterford City with us and your lovely comments about our food, service and staff are very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the very near future.
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here, as the rooms were great, and the view enough to make you sit forever and look out over that river. (Bring a camera for that view- well worth it!). Staff was great, rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet very tasty. The bathroom was huge with a great big lovely tub. I was here with a Trafalgar tour, and the staff treated us very well. I know it can be hard when a full tour bus shows up, but the staff members here were calm and confident. I will definitely come back. The only improvement could be FAST free wifi in the rooms. I needed to do banking when there, and just could not get through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out over the river, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, it really means a lot especially as you live in California - although I have never visited it looks beautiful. Meeting with the guests who travel with Trafalgar Tours is a delight, we love telling them about Waterford City and County and they in turn tell us their stories. I have noted the issue with the WIFI and will investigate it.
We look forward to meeting you and your family again in the future, meanwhile have a look at the Gathering 2013 website which is a series of festivals and events happening throughout Ireland next year and it may help you with a travel plan.
In the meantime enjoy the festive season ahead.
Kind regard