“Highly Recommended! Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Waterford Marina Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Canada Street, Waterford, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Waterford
Arklow, Ireland
“Highly Recommended! Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My Girlfriend And I Recently Stayed At The Waterford Marina And I Have To Say It Was A Really Pleasant Stay We Were Looked After From The Minute We Got There To The Minute We Left! The Hotel Is Well Managed And The Staff Are Friendly, Courteous, Very Helpful And Always Have A Smile For You, We Plan On Staying There On Two Trips We Have Planned For Next Year We Were That Pleased With The Service. A High Standard Of Housekeeping Is Maintained And The Rooms Are Spacious And Bright. Also The River Views Really Are Nice To Wake Up To In The Morning. We Had Some Dinner In The Hotel On Our Last Night And The Food Was Delicious. Tasty, Well Presented, Cooked Well And Generous Portions Too And The Ice Cream In The Chocolate Wafer Basket Is Really Good A Must Try! I Really Recommend Staying Here As Its A Lovely Hotel In A Perfect Location To Explore All Waterford City Has To Offer. Also If You Are Driving It Is Easy To get To And They Have A Free Secure Car Park That Is Access Controlled So You Need Not Worry About Your Car! 10/10 Could Not Fault This Hotel :) I Will Be Back Soon!

Room Tip: Just Ask For A River Veiw Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I would like to thank you for writing such a detailed and complimentary review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay in The Waterford Marina Hotel, it is lovely to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to us and that you are planning return visits in the new year.
We hope that you both have a wonderful Christmas and we look forward to meeting you again in the New Year.
Karen and all the team
at the
Waterford Marina Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here while working in the town for one night. I phone in advance before booking to check if they could accomodate a van in their car park, which was no problem. The room was great and I had a good nights sleep.
I had an evening meal in the bar which was excellent value pub grub. The main dinning room was not open, so I can't comment on it. Be warned the portions are big! Breakfast in the morning was good as it was cooked to order. Checkin and check out was handled fast and efficiently. If your are visiting the town the hotel is in a great location, only 5 minuets walk from the centre of town. I will stay here again the next time I have work in Waterford.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, we are very lucky to have an area that facilitates parking for larger vans/trucks and this is certainly a great advantage for our guests. We all really appreciate your lovely comments about our food, service and staff, we are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are working in the city.
Many thanks again
Karen and all the Staff
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have just returned from our second stay at the lovely Marina, having spent a few days there in July 2012. This time we travelled with our friends who also thought it was a cracking hotel, and superb value-for-money - we were all lucky enough to be allocated spacious, river view rooms. The staff at the Marina are all friendly and helpful, especially Karen who gave us advice about places to visit nearby (although no doubt any of the staff would have been equally as helpful if we'd asked). All-in-all we had a fabulous stay and are already making plans for a return visit next year.

Room Tip: River view rooms every time!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing such a lovely review on Tripadvisor about the Waterford Marina Hotel, I am delighted to have been able to meet you and your friends during your second trip to Waterford and we look forward to your next trip.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ensure allocation of a lovely riverview room.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent the weekend in Waterford and stayed at the Marina hotel. The suite we had was enormous, 2 couches and enough floor space for a small disco. The only issue was an annoying 'clicking' noise from the radiators that no amount of adjustment could eliminate. The first night we ate in the hotel itself, the set menu is good value but we decided to eat off the a la carte menu. My chowder was very tasty, but Marys tartlet was served cool and would have benefitted from being warmer. We both had fish and had no complaints. Wine was just fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. All in all a very good value stay and well worth your consideration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your break away in Waterford City with us and your lovely comments about our food, service and staff are very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the very near future.
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here, as the rooms were great, and the view enough to make you sit forever and look out over that river. (Bring a camera for that view- well worth it!). Staff was great, rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet very tasty. The bathroom was huge with a great big lovely tub. I was here with a Trafalgar tour, and the staff treated us very well. I know it can be hard when a full tour bus shows up, but the staff members here were calm and confident. I will definitely come back. The only improvement could be FAST free wifi in the rooms. I needed to do banking when there, and just could not get through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out over the river, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, it really means a lot especially as you live in California - although I have never visited it looks beautiful. Meeting with the guests who travel with Trafalgar Tours is a delight, we love telling them about Waterford City and County and they in turn tell us their stories. I have noted the issue with the WIFI and will investigate it.
We look forward to meeting you and your family again in the future, meanwhile have a look at the Gathering 2013 website which is a series of festivals and events happening throughout Ireland next year and it may help you with a travel plan.
In the meantime enjoy the festive season ahead.
Kind regard
Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on sat 11th and sun 12th Nov We got a good deal so was a little bit wary as to what it would be like. The reception area was light and airy we stayed on the fourth floor and the room we had was at the end of the corridor and it was a big room. The bathroom was bright and clean with a great shower Had a good weekend would go back to this hotel. Only a few mins walk to shops and nightlife. Overall experience very good

Room Tip: We stayed in room 418 on the fourth floor a very big room compared to the other we had seen and it w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to us and you were happy with the offer you chose for your stay. I hope you will return to us in the very near future and if you would like a river view room please mention that at reservation stage.
We look forward to meeting you both again.
In the meantime enjoy the Christmas Season.
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Unfortunately I had spent the previous two nights in a five star hotel so was a little brought back to earth when I checked in here!

Got a fabulous deal on the place which included a 2 course meal and the location is superb too. The Marina also boasts a breathtaking view of the river.

Hotel itself is a little run down and old fashioned. Wouldn't be too confident with the elevators and the parking, while it's very secure, is a little annoying that you've to contact reception all the time to open the gates (I assume you can do this with the room key too but this doesn't help when checking in / out and you don't have a card).

I wasn't too keen on the dinner, particularly the Mille Fueille which was a little sickly so was glad I didn't pay it and that it was included in the cost. Breakfast in the morning though was lovely!

I'd recommend this hotel more if you were going out on a night out with friends in Waterford rather than anything special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I am so glad you felt the deal was good value especially as it included a 2 course meal and I agree that we have a great location that allows our guests to enjoy the great views of the River Suir.
However I would have to disagree with your description of the hotel being 'run down', we are a very well maintained hotel and this year alone we have replaced the carpets in the Waterfront Restaurant and Bar plus the tables in the restaurant plus redecorating the ground floor. I would also like to clarify that our lifts are maintained and certified quarterly/annually by a reputable company and there would be absolutly no reason for concern and regarding your note on the carpark, it is a secure area and our guests gain access via an intercom direct to reception and after confirming your details access is granted within 10/20 seconds.
It is only to be expected that you found a difference with our 3 star hotel versus the 5 star hotel you had just visited and I hope that you will visit us again to see the lovley sights that we have to offer in Waterford City. Please feel free to contact me at any time in the future and I will be delighted to welcome you on a return visit.
Karen Dollery

Been to Waterford Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!