“What a find!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Polish
Crescent City, California
“What a find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were walking around Waterford trying to decide what to do for dinner - we walked by this place and decided to stop - we've never had Polish food! What a great place! The waitress was very patient with us as we perused the menu and decided on borsht for our soup, pierogi, and what I believe my husband had was a chicken schnitzel type of dish with slaws on the side. The borsht was excellent with a side of mashed potatoes. I should have only ordered the borsht - the bowl was huge! The waitress also brought bread and a spread (not sure what it was, but tasted fabulous!) The pierogis were excellent and I couldn't finish them. My husband's chicken was good and the slaws were excellent! Wow! I think this was the best meal we had in Ireland!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Loved the food and the atmosphere, not to mention bringing your own drink is just a brilliant idea especially for parties we didn't leave hungry or with a hole in the wallet. 10/10

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenlawn, New York
“Authentic Polish Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I found this restaurant on another site by accident and thought we should give this a shot, even tho we were in Ireland. Well, let me just say, they do not make just kielbasa and sauerkraut! I had the fried pork cutlet with mashed potatoes and my husband had a variety of pierogis (he just loves these). There is no beer of wine available, but you can bring your own & they have no problem with that. The wait person is of Polish decent & after realizing she gave me the wrong side dish, said it was complimentary as it was her mistake. The mistake consisted of red cabbage, cucumbers and a sweet cabbage of some sort. Our portions were just right for us. The price was very, very reasonable and worth every single Euro. It is a small place & very brightly decorated to make it seem even bigger than it is. We would certainly go to this place again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too small portion are served now and not so fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

When I was here first time a couple months ago, the meal's portion was so huge. Now they dont increase the prices but decreases the portions about 40% less than in the past.
And my meal (breaded breast of chicken with cheese) were not really fresh. It was looked like reheated in oven or microwave.
I will back to Koliba if they back to good standards when they start to work good luck

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, lovely atmosphere, huge portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went here last week for a quick lunch while we were trying to avoid the rain, it's an Irish thing!

we had some mixed Pierogi - all were excellent.

I had a pretty standard fried pork and potato dish, it was lush.

My lunch partner had potato pancake with pork which was also really great, the portion was HUGE though and it took some serious dedication to finish, thankfully it was lovely so this wasn't too hard.

I would certainly go again

• Visited March 2013