“Rubish” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Waterford, Ireland
“Rubish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've no idea why this place has had good reviews.My husband and i went and order two compleatly different dishes both of which come out basically same taste.

Sheek kebab starter were still frozen in the middle-obviously been pree cooked and not properly reheated.

I'm local and will certainly be passing the information to many friends about the horrendous experience

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cork , Ireland
“Speechless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Was in Waterford early last month as a trip away with my partner.

We were trying to decide where to eat for the evening because there is quite the choice in Waterford City for restaurants, so I was online checking out reviews and I came across some reviews for Cafe Goa.

We noticed there were a few different Indian restaurants in Waterford, however Goa attracted us from the onset, as it was quite full when we passed (even though the restaurant itself is tiny) and had great reviews online.

We entered the restaurant and were seated immediately, we had a reservation and I'd recommend you do the same to avoid disappointment as the restaurant fills up quite fast and space is limited.

The waiter was extremely friendly and efficient who came and took our drinks orders and a few minutes later took our food order.

The starters arrived and upon the first mouthful, we were instantly impressed. The food was so exciting and bursting with flavour. You could taste all the wonderful, fresh spices as you took each and every bite of the food. We both said at the same time, we were excited to see the main course if the starter was like this!

The main course was absolutely divine, quite simply the nicest Indian meal that I have probably ever had in my life. Having had family in Birmingham and growing up in Birmingham, where the population is substantially asian and is rated the curry capital of the UK, this restaurant is on par and if not exceeding the standards of curry in Birmingham.

This place by far gets my vote for the best Indian Restaurant in Ireland.

I cannot fault the place in one bit, maybe a bit on the expensive side but with the flavour, and quality of the food, you soon forget about the price!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The best food in Waterford. Great buzz about the place when full and a nice place to relax and chat and have the best of spicy food. Cant wait to go back. Great value for money

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just ate here tonight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Once again the food was excellent this is our spot for proper tastey Indian food! I had the prawn rogan josh and my partner had a lamb jalfrezi both were UNREAL !
Garlic nan bread was delicious & pilau rice was the same :)
Worth every penny!
Just wish we lived closer!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eyemouth, United Kingdom
“Fast service, friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Asked the hotel receptionist to recommend an Indian restaurant in Waterford. No hesitation in recommending two, the first of which was the Cafe Goa. Arrived and were immediately sat down and served with popadoms & pickles. Mains were excellent. Just before we left we were asked, very politely if we would move tables as a part of 9 had arrived. We had no problem in doing so and as a reward we were served a complimentary coffee. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal and left with a good feeling of Waterford albeit from an Indian restaurant run by a very friendly Bangladeshi.

Visited May 2013