“Typically French” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 125 Restaurants in Waterford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1,366 helpful votes 1,366 helpful votes
“Typically French”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Typically French... I have spent more than a little of my time in France, a country which I have to say I like, one day I will work out French people and their very strange attitude, but ho-hey, that's almost another story, except that this restaurant is so typically French, even with slightly surly inattentive waiting staff!
The food was however wonderful, we cannot recommend highly enough the Boeuf Bourgignon!

• Visited September 2013

Waterford, Ireland
“A super little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great place, super food( authentic French) cosy ( slightly cramped ) great service. It's not posh but a real hidden gem

Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been in this restaurant few years ago, and honestly it was not good and overpriced.
I decide to give it a second chance last week and it was a blessing idea.
Everything was perfect, and I was there 4 times.
The service was great, and the staff was really good, prepared and helpfully.
The food was amazing, in the 4 dinner I had fish, meat, the house taste starter, few different desserts, and I think that everything was fantastic!!!
The price is really good, they have a 3 course menu for 20 euros, that is great, I also had the 35 euros menu that was fantastic, so, you can also have a great dinner for a little price!!!

• Visited September 2013
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“A genuine taste of France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

SUPERBE!

We are Francophiles on holiday in Ireland... and we never expected this.

My husband had the Foie Gras starter.. not pate... the liver cooked beautifully to melt in the mouth. I had the tasting plate starter... be hungry!

Tariflette... the best I have had outside the Jura. A bottle of AOP Lirac that took us back to our holiday just 10km away only a month ago.

Three courses and drinks for €113 - a bargain!

Please could this restaurant move to Kent. It wouldn't be good for our waistlines or our bank balance, but who cares!

• Visited August 2013
waterford Ireland
“Little piece of France in the South-East of Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Waterford City is blessed with having great restaurants and in my opinion L'atmosphere is right up there with the best of them.
We went there on a Friday evening and the place was packed with a good buzz about the restaurant. I had the snails to start which were plentiful (12) and delicious in a garlic butter and pesto sauce. my partner had the pigeon which was excellent but maybe a fraction over done. We then shared a 32 oz rib-eye steak, We asked for it rare and got it rare, it came with seasonal vegetables that were cooked in the serving pot it tasted fantastic. We shared a chocolate desert which was the business all washed down with a bottle of french red wine that was recommended by the excellent staff.
All in all a fantastic meal where I will return and you should too!

• Visited June 2013