“Don't look any further” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pearse Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Pearse Lodge B&B
You added Pearse Lodge B&B to your Saves list
Pearse Road, Sligo, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
new jersey
“Don't look any further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful 2 night stay at Pearse Lodge. I can't remember the number of our room but it was the last room on the first floor hallway. Very private. The rooms have great access from the parking area and having a first floor room was so convient as we had large suitcases for our 2 week stay. The room had a super comfortable queen bed (listed as a double bed but in Ireland this seems to be the term for a bed for 2) with a black leather loveseat in a small seating area. The lighting was excellent and modern. Even though the lodge is on main street it is quiet and cozy. Very convientent to walking into town for dinner. Well lit streets to pubs. Fiddlers Creek was a great spot for a dinner that was much appreciated after eating pub food for much of the early part of out trip. The bathroom had a towel warmer which was great for the brisk Ireland mornings. The towels were large and soft. Excellent shower pressure and believe me that is not the case in all B & B's in Ireland. The extra touches of excellent bedding, sweets.were so nice. The room was spotless , roomy and perfect for reviewing our travel journals and relaxing at night. We hated to leave Sligo and the Pearse lodge. Everything about our stay here was great. The owners are such a nice young couple who serve an elegant, modern breakfast. The breakfast area has individual table so if you are not one to share a large table with stangers this is a great feature. I'm telling you this is the place to say in Sligo!!! I am a picky traveler and spent alot of time investigating B & B's in Ireland and this was without a doubt my favorite.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Great B&B with immaculate rooms and delicious breakfast. Kieron and Mary are extremely helpful and accommodating host. Location is a short walk (just 10 minutes) to town. Kieron will give you the scoop on the restaurants and bars in town. Highly recommend the Pearse Lodge B&B!!

belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

This is an absolute gem in Sligo. I visited here after meeting Kieron and Mary during their trip to Belfast last year and decided to go see what they had managed to do. Their home is immaculate and our room was beautiful. It had the homely feel, yet without making you feel as though you were imposing! The literature in the room was extremely helpful, and Kieron advised of a few restaurants that we should visit. We tried the Italian (we got a takeaway and brought it back to the room!!)

The bed is so comfortable, I actually didnt want to get out of it!! lovely and soft but still supportive! chocolates, biscuits and water in the room was an added touch.

Breakfast was very tasty, I had the fry and my partner had the croissants. Both meals were well cooked and started us well for the day. The choice of fresh fruit was also available.

On our departure, Mary and Kieron advised ud to go to the Holy Well, which is a beautiful spot!

Thanks for a lovely stay, we will be back soon!

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Mary and Keiron were wonderful, the house was everything we could ever want, the breakfasts were out of this world. Great location, in a beautiful part of Ireland. We took a bus to Northern Ireland for the day, and also had easy access to the ocean from Sligo.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
north east uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed here for three nights and were only sorry we couldnt stay longer. Mary and Kieron are great hosts and generously shared their local knowledge. We had a great time and are already planning our return -we only managed to try 6 of the nine breakfasts- a real find!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

Absolutely peaceful, quaint, slightly modern with extremely friendly and gracious hosts. Mary welcomed me at the door with my name, before I even said a word or introduced myself! She gave me directions to the town and recommended a few place to eat and where to find music. My room was gorgeous with beautiful and extremely comfy linens with little chocolates on the pillows. I loved the decoration, not too frilly like a lot of B&Bs. Slept wonderfully and awoke to a great breakfast. I had the salmon and eggs. And after breakfast, I was given suggestions on driving tours!
All my expectations were met. Stay was too short.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

From the fist moment we met Mary and Kieron we knew we were in the right place. We stayed in the annex- which is a beautiful spacious room on the side of the house. Mary told us all the places to go and eat. It was so great talking with her and Kieron. As I said one night was not enough for this beautiful town. The restaurants are top notch- we had a GREAT meal at Tobergal Lane Restaurant. You must go there!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Pearse Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!