“Brill eve was well looked after brilliant service by all staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Brill eve was well looked after brilliant service by all staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Brill service by all the staff food was lovely and the complimentary chocs fr Mother's Day which was an extra treat

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Unreal! Amazing! Brilliant food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in Sligo for valentines day and had no idea where to go for a nice mean to celebrate valentines day and it was just by chance me and my boyfriend stumbled across the embassy and as soon as we walked in we were greeted by friendly an helpful staff! Place had a lovely atmosphere and setting! We were sat down to a lovely layed out table with homemade bread an wheaten bread before we even ordered any food! I had a filet steak an it was the best i have ever tasted! I was that full from it I couldn't manage dessert! Steak cooked to just how I like it an as well the lovely bar lady gave me and my boyfriend and other customers a free class of Moët champagne with a strawberry! It just made my valentines night that little bit more special! I will defiantly be back!!! The place is amazing and the food yummy!!!

Killarney, Ireland
“Sunday Lunch with Family a Huge Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We decided to go to "The Embassy Wine Bar & Grill" for Sunday lunch as we were meeting up with family in Sligo. We had also read positive reviews on TripAdvisor. However, we ended up having a not-so-positive experience, both in terms of food as well as service.
When we arrived, we were shown to our table and given the menu, which consisted of a set of choices for starter, main course, and dessert. All for €19.50. This seemed like good value. We ordered chowder and chicken wrap for starters. For main course we had beef and one person had salmon. And for dessert some had apple pie, one had Christmas pudding, and one had strawberry mousse.
The chowders were totally over-salted, the chicken wrap was ready-made and not overly exciting. The beef was tough, far too much, and came with far too much gravy as well. The salmon was ok, but was also smothered in too much sauce. Another thing: all the main meals came with the potatoes and vegetables on the plate, not in a side dish. This meant the potatoes and veg were also smothered in gravy / sauce. The desserts turned out to be quite good, with the strawberry mousse being very tasty.
So much for the food.
The service left a lot to be desired. From the minute we took our seats, we found the waitress who served us to be cold and unfriendly. She demanded that we order the dessert along with the order for the starter and main course. This is not usually done in good restaurants. She also plonked (literally) the cups for tea and coffee on the table even before we had dessert. When the tea and coffee was ready, she also plonked the two pots of tea and coffee on the table. Each time with a loud noise. It seemed like she really didn't feel like working that day. That's the impression all of us got.
When we asked her to wait with the tea and coffee, she still brought the pots and wouldn't wait until we felt ready for it.
The worst was yet to come: Two ladies at the table went to the Ladies' Toilet after the meal, only to find that the only toilet in the Ladies' room was full to the brim from the previous person, unflushed, and blocked !!!! It was truly revolting. The two ladies returned to the table without having relieved themselves. One gent at the table proceeded to complain to a waitress, who then just laughed about the whole problem of the "dirty toilet" with a waiter at the bar. Imagine to witness the staff laughing about something you complained about !!!! After 5 minutes, another waitress came down and said the ladies at the table could use the Ladies' Toilet in the hotel upstairs.
All in all, this was a most disappointing experience. We will definitely not return to The Embassy for a meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tipperary, Ireland
“Go there !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent is the only word to describe it. We went for the early bird menu €19.95 including tea / coffee and it was brilliant. Excellent setting, lovely and warm and inviting. The waitress, blonde lady with glasses was efficient , friendly, knowledgeable and so willing to help. With three kids ,4 adults and a coeliac to cater for, the menu had it all. Don't get me wrong, it's also suitable for adults only, with it's booths and spacious arrangement. The food was prompt and well prepared and delicious. I will gladly go back, with or without the kids.

• Visited January 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Sunday early bird lunch that will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

where to start... Maybe it was just a bad day but I need to be honest. The place was not very busy,a couple of other tables at most so staff were not run off their feet.Our server was very abrupt and told us we had to order our 3 courses! Chowder was mushy and really salty. The Roast beef mains was enough to feed 2 people and was very dry& over cooked and the 3scoops of spuds& soggy veg reminded me of my days as a student in the gaeltacht, not the dining experience I hoped for. Our server was on auto pilot and even insisted on giving us cups before dessert arrived although we asked for tea/coffee last thing. There was some background music but we could hear our server cleaning and banging the place mats nearby busy for the next unsuspecting guests. Dessert was really tasty raspberry chocolate mouse& some thought&flare went into the presentation unlike the previous course. Two pots landed on the table tea/coffee& the server disappeared! It really felt like self service&I was doubly shocked to taste Lyons tea! To end the experience I went to the ladies and contrary to the sign outside, there sure was no cleaning done& the toilet was almost overflowing. Come on get the act together! No award from me for 2012

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere