“Awake all night with lunatics in room above us” 1 of 5 stars

Clarion Hotel Sligo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Clarion Road, Ballinode, Sligo, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sligo
Dublin, Ireland
“Awake all night with lunatics in room above us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose this hotel based on advice from friends that it would be good for families, last night we were awake all night with group in room above us going crazy, hotels should have zero tolerance policy for such behaviour if they want to attract families. This was my wife's family treat after our daughter was born nearly 4 months ago and it was completely ruined by the experience. There is a problem with larger multi-bedroom suites when used by groups other than families, maybe it attracts 'party central'-like we experienced all last night (Sunday night), a great disappointment, my wife said, "I would have paid to be back in our own bed at home" .

Room Tip: ask hotel if they have changed their approach to how they handle guests going crazy all night, do th...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Had an amazing stay, we stayed 3 nights for my boyfriends birthday and had a great time, food was delicious and a great location to the town. The rooms were out of the world so big and spacious! Will most definitely be back!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
ClarionSligo, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Sligo, responded to this review, today
Dear Kirstyme21,
Thank you for choosing the Clarion to celebrate your boyfriends birthday and we hope to see you both back again.

Fermanagh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed a Friday night in February, 2 adults and 3 children under 8. Found the deluxe suite brilliant with a separate living area great to put the children to bed bit earlier. Rooms very clean and had everything we needed. We used the pool as well which the children loved. Breakfast selection was ok but have seen better. Overall would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Had a deluxe suite was great for family of 5.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Fermanaghreviews,
Thank you for your review and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming the family back .

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Arrived on the Thursday, myself and my son were sharing a family room with my sister and my nephew. On arrival we requested an extra bed which never materialised. We also booked in for dinner on the Friday at 7 but when we arrived into the restaurant there was no record of the booking and we had to wait 20 minutes for a table. I thought the hotel itself was lovely although it was quite cold in the restaurant, bar and foyer. Heating didn't seem to work in our room during the day? Apart from this and apart from the receptionist who never logged our request for a bed or our dinner booking, the staff were really lovely. We had dinner in the bar the first night and the supervisor there (I think he was Australian?) was very attentive and polite and helpful. In the restaurant on the second night the staff were also lovely - again the supervisor (Steve I think?) very polite and friendly and the food was lovely..we had the salmon and salad. Overall we enjoyed our stay although I think the heat situation could be improved. My dad is quite elderly and we had to bring a blanket down to the restaurant for him as he was so cold. Wi fi was not working for the couple of days we were there. Rooms were fine - clean and well kept.

Dear Sarah D,
Thank you for your review and nice comments on our staff. I apologie that you felt some areas were cold. We did recently have a temporary issue with the wifi which has been sorted now.

Donemana . Co Tyrone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here over a weekend and I cannot rate this Hotel highly enough . It is just off the main central part of Sligo and is easily walkable . The grounds are lovely and the hotel is spotlessly clean as was our room . Dining was excellent with a superb breakfast .. would I go back - Yes very much so..

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lovesalaugh,
Thank you for your review and recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mullingar, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

stayed here for one night only as the hotel was too cold. Very long corridors so would book a room close to reception if you don't like to walk far..we complained to reception that there was a gap in the window the next day in the hope that the next person wouldn't have to go thought the same. Only good thing was they upgraded us from normal room to suite but if I'd known how cold it was I would t have taken the upgrade

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Leah52001,
Thank you for your review. I do apologise that your room was cold due to faulty window whic has been addressed. We hope to see you back again.

Donegal I
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my third time to stay in the Clarion Hotel Sligo. It is an excellent hotel, the check in was speedy, the gym was second to none, with the staff in the Leisure Centre/Spa being more than helpful. Room was good, although not as large as the last time we visited, the triple room, was definitely smaller than previous. Evening meal was excellent, good choice, value and good to taste also, only thing I would point out is there is a difference between white coffee and black coffee, but that is a very minor complaint. Bar is lacking the ambience of the restaurant, don't know but there is something lacking in the bar/lounge facilities. We will certainly return and will always recommend the Clarion to friends and family. Also front door needs a bit of work, either increase the size of the two half doors or replace altogether.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
ClarionSligo, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Sligo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear jaykay2,
Thank you for your review and repeat business. I am delighted the family enjoyed the facilities and praised the staff. The front doors are part of the listed facade of the hotel and therefore cannot be altered in any way. We do have a side door to reception with disabled ramp and steps with a larger entrance. We look forward to seeing you back again.
Sheila Gray

Been to Clarion Hotel Sligo? Share your experiences!