“Benbulben Minibus Tours” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Tours & Activities in Sligo
“Benbulben Minibus Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

On the last day of our weeks stay in Sligo town my friend and I decided to take the minibus tour. We visited three locations, Drumcliffe, Mullaghmore, with magnificent views of the coast and Benbulben, Gleniff's Horseshoe Valley, with it's spectacular beauty to rival anywhere on earth!
Our driver, Gerry, was friendly with excellent knowledge of the local attractions.The tour was very personal as there was only the two of us on the bus. The tour took two hours and at a cost of 60 euros well worth the money. Not to be missed

Maureen Casey (Leeds)

Visited June 2014

Te Awamutu, New Zealand
“Private Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We booked our personalized tour at the last minute - emailed a query late one evening and received a prompt, friendly and accommodating reply and the next morning we were on a private tour of our own making. We were delighted with our time spent with Gerry. He took us to all the places that we were interested in and wanted to see in the Sligo area in the limited time frame that we had available, and not once did we feel rushed. We would recommend his services everytime.

Visited November 2013
Amersfoort, Holland
“Tailormade tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We traveled by public transport in the north of Ireland last summes. We booked some guided tours to get lots of information about the area. So we did in Sligo. We took the bus from Donegal town and Gerard picked us up in Grange, north of Sligo town and close to some interesting places. We did the Yeats tour adapted to our interests and the time we had. Great tour, very interesting historical information. Also interesting to talk about nowadays life in the area in comparison to our country, the Netherlands. At the end of the tour we had lunch in Sligo and Gerard dropped us of at the train station. An excellent tour!

Visited August 2013
Moscow, Russia
14 attraction reviews
“I liked Sligo not less than Connemara!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Gerard Higgins and his Sligo Tours provide excellent options to see the beautiful surroundings of Sligo town. I guess that even having a car, it would not be easy to find many charming sites that are indeed hidden from the occasional visitor. People often come here because of W.B.Yeats, but my mom’s and my primary interest was the nature (sorry, I am not familiar with Yeats works...). In just four hours or a bit more Gerard took us to Yeats grave, Rosses Point, Drumcliff, Mullaghmore, Creevykeel (pre-historic burial chamber), Glencar lake and waterfall, Hazelwoods. At least these are the places I am able to recall. My favourites were Mullaghmore coast with stunning seascapes and Glencar lake with charming pastoral views. Gerard is a good commentator and guide. The tour cost us Euro 30 per hour and, given the personalised service and the rich itinerary, it seemed fairly reasonable.
In short, I liked Sligo not less than Connemara!

Visited November 2013
NJ
22 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the Sligo area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family and I enjoyed out 5 hours with Gerard Higgins very much. Because he has not 'set' tours, you have the flexibility and freedom to adjust based on your weather, interests or mood.

Gerry is a character himself and set a great tone for the day, as he is enthusiastic about the country and sights, and very much wants his guest to enjoy Ireland and Sligo.

Given the challenge of driving in Ireland, I was very happy to have Gerry guiding us and sharing his knowledge. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013