“Social Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 78 restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Eala Bhan Restaurant in Sligo Town offers the best in fine dining, specialising in fresh Seafood and Steak.
Sligo, Ireland
“Social Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This has to be the best and certainly my favourite restaurant in Sligo at the moment. The ambience in the restaurant is pleasant and relaxed and offers tremendous value in the "early bird" menu which consists of 4 courses for €20. On my recent visit for a work gathering we chose from the ala carte menu and I thought it was great value for money when you take into account the quick service, the friendly and helpful staff and the presentation of the food is faultless. Such artistic flair in the kitchen should be highly praised, and these are not just art to the plate, but truly flavoursome also. There is no such thing as waitresses having to ask who ordered what when serving, the majority of the time your order is placed in front of you with no interuption to the table conversation. I find I am looking forward now to meeting up with friends for a meal that I can suggest going here. Certainly an experience that should not be missed.

Visited March 2013

83% Recommend
ireland
“Absolute Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ate at this restaurant yesterday evening 15th April 2013 with my sister. We chose the early bird as we were in between visits to the local hospital and were a bit rushed! What a gem of a restaurant! And we cannot say enough about the staff- they were so attentive and nice! We had 2 lovely local school girls helping to serve us (who were on work placement from the local secondary school)- well done Eala Bhan in supporting "the world of work" for students!
The menu was lovely and plenty of choice! The wine we ordered "Fairfields" New Zealand is a stunning wine! What can I say......... Try it for yourself..... You won't be disappointed !

Louth
“Superb and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited Sligo with a group of twelve and were lucky enough to get a booking for the group for Saturday night
We had the thirty euro menu and it was superb
Most of us had the hake which was substantial and very tasty
The staff were pleasant and attentive
The wine list is acceptable and not overpriced
The restaurant was full and the service was still very good

Visited April 2013
Sunnyside, New York
“Very generous Portions & Super Fast Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We all had the Popular Early Bird menu,which had to be ordered before 6.30. I got a pleasant surprise of a starter before our starter!
I honestly not sure the correct title? But it was a very delicious soup ;)sweet potato,tonite, in a small tea cup, served with Mouthwatering fresh baked bread rolls of different flavors.
I ordered the Chicken Wings to start ,scrumptious. And it was served with a nice compliment of chive cream fraiche. My sister had Goats Cheese Bruschetta, very easy to eat.
Best of all was the salad , definetly a must to try,Warm picked Roasted Chicken Pieces, Spiced Pecan Nuts, Sundried Tomato, Smoked Bacon Lardons with Parmesan Shavings. Yes it tastes as good as it sounds :)
Next was Main Course, Tempura Battered Fish and chips. The Freshly Cut and Fried Chips were yummy. Fish was perfectly cooked and served beautifully with a garnish of salad and peas.My sisters had the pasta dish, chicken in a mushroom sauce, also delicious, as was the other main courses,roast chicken on champ,and homemade burger and chips.
Dessert was last but not least. One of the best Apple and Pear crumbles I have had! :) served warm with Custard and ice cream, what more could you want?
I did get to taste the Cheescake and Brownies :) Lucky me.. Both were very good.
Well a nice cup of Coffee or Tea.. :) which was also inclusive in the meal.
really nothing negative to say, Great food,great Service, Great price,and a great night awaits you.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Early bird wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent early bird menu. 20 euros each. Beautiful food , lovely environment and excellent service. Cannot recommend it highly enough.