“A Wonderful Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Kelowna, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are seeking some guidance on your genealogy research, a visit here is an absolute must. The warm and welcoming staff are happy to take a look at your documents and point you in the right direction for further research and give valuable advice.

I was able to obtain a few documents from their archive that had alluded me and after some very helpful advice from Claire, I was able to visit the church where my great-great grandparents were married as well as visit the street where they lived.

It is best to come prepared with some of your own research and they can help you expand your search and possibly track down additional materials. There are fees associated with document searches but it is extremely reasonable (keep in mind they are a non-profit organization).

Visited June 2013

Ontario
4 attraction reviews
“Very Helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I met with Adrian Regan who was very helpful in finding my family from the Sligo area. He found many family members dating back to the early 1800's. He provided me with a map showing the town locations as well as the printout of the family information.

Visited September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
52 attraction reviews
“A great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff put up with me for about an hour as they spoke to me about genealogy and did checking for records on my family. They gave me advice as to places I should visit, and provided me (for a fee) with a few transcriptions of records that I had missed. Best to contact them in advance of your trip if you want much looked up, as they can't just figure it all out on the spot, especially if you're just starting your research and don't know much about your ancestors. It saved me a bit of time ultimately, in that I was then able to use what they'd given me to go view the original records.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Genealogy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

very helpful staff. no information could be traced for our ancestry line and no fee charged by staff for time spent

Visited June 2012