“Great destination for weekend away” 5 of 5 stars

Sligo Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Road, Sligo, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sligo
Dublin, Ireland
“Great destination for weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great place to go for weekend away - close to city centre so we walked in/out. shops good. check out Donal McGlynns pub near garda station - great nites craic & ceol there! Staff very friendly and breakfasts just out of this world!!! we really had gr8 time there recently and will be back!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted about your comments on the staff and breakfast. Thank you for your positive remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just a big thankyou to all the pleasant staff in the hotel. Rooms are clean and tidy. The hotel is warm and friendly. we have never stayed here before but is a most to try and stay here again. Just a big thank you

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent visit to Sligo. It is good to note that you had a positive experience of the staff and the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We hope you will return soon again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding recently and i thought it was very reasonable..ok its not 5 star but for the money we paid i thought we got a great deal,room was very clean and spacious,food was nice also...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay and the food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Castlebar, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I work in a family run hotel, I understand what working with people is like and more importantly what working in mediocre hotels is like. I had a 1night stay in the Sligo Park for my graduation the past weekend and the service I received from the reception was helpful and above board. I had rang on ahead querying if i could check-in early to change before heading to the conferring ceremony. I was told this was not possible as it was still to early but I was offered a room to change in. Perfectly okay.
When i arrived the receptionist quickly recognised me by my query and attended to me accordingly. Maeve was so helpful and because I had been later arriving she was able to check me in early and keep that room for the duration, after the morning i had had this was a godsend.
When checking out, both Maeve and the other receptionist (regrettably i failed to get her name), were full of chat and made checking-out as enjoyable an experience as the stay itself. Customer focus like that deserves rewarding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent graduation. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction you find with staff. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wexford IRl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

just back from a nights stay here.Check in was fine and reception girls friendly and helpful.My room was located on the second floor and sign on door stated "non smoking room" as requested.The corridors to the bedrooms were dated and tired,however,the room itself was very good and comfortable.The barman was very friendly and helpful with my request for a specific bottle of wine.Breakfast was excellent.Overall this hotel was well run and suited my stay on this occasion.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with staff, the food and the hotel. We have noted your comment about the corridors. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Kind regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a short 3 night break for my wife and I. On arrival at reception we were greeted by a very pleasant female member of staff who had our details processed quickly and efficiently. We were given essential information and also our questions about meals and the leisure facilities were answered. I had booked a doubled room however on entering it was a family room (double and a single) which was very clean and well maintained with a view of the rear garden area. The rooms appeared to be well insulated from noise of other guests. The leisure complex was easily accessed from the hotel and facilities were adequate. Pool was a good size and appeared well maintained with children not allowed in after 7pm. We had not booked meals however did have breakfast on 2 mornings and again were not dissappointed. Had a meal from the bar menu which was good however it did take some time to be served (the only complaint). I think in excuse it was a busy night. Pizza Hut/McDs and Kfc are a 2 mintute drive if you have hungry kids and you are on a budget. We read many reviews which caused us to take a chance on this hotel. None of them were true. All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this to all ages with or without children.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are the only ones I can comment on and they were as described above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted about your comments on the staff, breakfast and cleanliness at the hotel. We have noted your comment about service time. Thank you for your positive remarks and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on sat 3rd nov in a family room. Checking in have to say girls were lovely. Hotel a bit dated. A little bit of care to detail wouldnt go astray to keep it maintained. Our room was situated on the second floor right beside the lift. Now I had been at a wedding in Kildare the night before so was looking for a quiet nights sleep. That did not happen. I knew once I saw where our room was this was not going to be good. We went to bed at 9.30 kids and all, that was after having a drink in the lobby resulting in changing my glass 3 times as they where dirty. I was disturbed by this. I also requested more towels, that on return to my room they where left on the floor outside my room on the dirty carpet. Honestly, it made my concerns for hygiene go to another level. Anyway, hotel room was grand. Nothing special but served its purpose. On that night from 1am till 6 am in the morning there was a constant passing of people talking loudly. It keep us all awake then at 6 am they started knocking at my door. I have to say I was like a lunatic the next morning. On checking out was ready to complain was just waiting for the girl who I think might have been foreign to ask me how was my stay and then give out. But she didn't even bother asking me. I was raging. I have been going to dromahair for 30 odd years and I have to say will not be back at this hotel. Am sure had we had a quiet room and a nights sleep it would have been suffice but this was not the case. So should any of you stay at this hotel refuse the room beside the lifts as you will regret it. Needless to say was a long trip back to Ennis that day after our night here with two kids.

Room Tip: Not need lifts
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are very concerned to read your review and we are very sorry that you were disappointed. We are taking these matters very seriously and each one is being addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.

Bernadette Coffey

Been to Sligo Park Hotel? Share your experiences!