“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed for one night in the Bridge House in Tullamore. The location is very central in the town and the lobby is lovely. The room we were allocated was slightly disappointing for a hotel of this quality, particularly the bathroom. The other issue was that the layout of the hotel is disjointed and to get from the room to the breakfast area was a trek. If you had a buggie, I can see it would cause you problems. Nice hotel with nice staff though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Myself and my husband recently stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night. The rooms are alright, nothing special. In fact given that this hotel has been renovated and is 4 star I expected the overall stay to be better. For example, rooms - a proper wardrobe ie one with doors as opposed to an open rail would be preferable, there was no flat sheet on the bed, only a fitted sheet and bally worn looking duvet, cheap toiletries in ensuite and the worst feature in the room was the hairdryer - what a joke. Before leaving my house I contemplated bringing my own hairdryer but decided against it as I was sure that as a 4 star hotel a decent hairdryer would be available. However to my surprise there was no proper hairdryer but instead the hose type dryer in the ensuite. Almost missed breakfast as it took forever to get my hair semi dry. Very poor. Think my hair would have dried quicker had I stuck my head out the window. The power was nonexistent and the hose part got extremely hot. Really annoying. Shower was the best part of the room. Next the breakfast - bit of a trek from the rooms to the restaurant where breakfast is served. Along the way it is obvious where you are entering the part of the hotel that hasn't been renovated - worn carpets, uneven floors, visible carpet joins etc overall giving a poor impression reminiscent of a 1 or 2 star hotel, which really should be addressed in order to maintain the same standard throughout. Ordered a full irish and it arrived before we even had our cereal so they were whisked away and brought out again a few minutes later. As the milk had been removed from the main serving table, we were given a jug of milk for our cereal. Unfortunately it was not cold, so kinda ruined the cereal. Tea, toast, bacon and eggs was fine. Orange juice was cheap as were the sausages, which was rather disappointing. Hash browns were very oily and beans dried on the plate. Had to ask for ketchup, marmalade etc and table was on the small side so very cramped. Noticed when leaving our room bottled water was being left in some rooms, however there was none in ours, perhaps an oversight of the cleaning staff. When checking out thought I would mention the crappy hairdryer situation when asked how my stay was but no such luck. Girl at reception didn't ask whether we had an enjoyable stay or not, just told me how much it was, gave me my receipt and not as much as a thank you! No manners. Given the current hotel crisis, hotels really need to provide value for money and excellent service. Overall I don't think either the service I received or the overall impression of this hotel I got during my stay was remotely near 4 star. Unfortunately the only real 4 star feature I experienced at this hotel was the price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

i stayed in the bridge house hotel on the bank holiday weekend, and i have to say it was the most relaxing break away we had in a long time, we stayed for 2 night bed and breakfast and 1 dinner, (friday & saturday night) we were welcomed by a really nice woman at reception, and she was really helpful, and then went up to our room it was really lovely, we hung around the hotel for the 1st day and there was a wedding arriving at the time. we didnt have our dinner on the 1st night but we did go the the main lounge area the band were really good and the athmoephere was amazing.. on the second day we went around the shopping centre which is just accross the road from the hotel, that evening we went for dinner in the restaurant and i have to say the staff were so well organised our food was really good, again we went to the main lounge area and again there was a great band so we really didnt have to leaeve the hotal the whole weekend,
i would totally recommend this hotel, didnt have 1 complaint :) very happy customers..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

folks stayed in the hotel for 3 nited in july.i went with my wife and 2 kids and we all had a ball.great location as its bang smack in the middle of town.cinema directly accross the road and shopping center beside the cinema.plenty of places to go but you will have to drive.hotel is top class.the staff are very helpfull and cant do enough for you.very relaxing and decor is exceptional.food was teriffic in both hotel and bar and very reasonabley priced.swimming pool was brilliant kids loved it and couldnt get them out of the pool.realy enjoyed the stay kids had a ball.what makes it better is that my youngest lad said its just like home staying there.to me thats has to be the best complement any hotel could have.would recommend a stay here.great value for a 3nite stay.

Co Louth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

i have stayed in this hotel for a few days every year for the last 3 years - i love it - even going as far as comparing every other hotel i stay in to it. From the moment you walk into the huge reception with its chandeliers and big staircase you know you're in for a real treat. The food is great - breakfast, bar food/carvery and restaurant food - I can't fault any of it. They seem to have the same staff year after year who are very helpful and friendly. The leisure centre is very clean and relaxing - everything you need is there. I dont normally use the beautician salon as i find them a bit pricey in hotels. The rooms are a decent size with all the usual facilities - very clean. The housekeeping can go on until late afternoon but they are very obliging if you need anything extra.
One the downside - the car park is not connected to the hotel - so you have to wheel your luggage up the road but its not too far. Also there is no ramp - just steps up to the reception as far as I remember.
There is nearly always some form of entertainment on in the bar - we rarely leave the hotel when we stay there apart from some shopping during the day - just outside the hotel doors. It is definitely one of my favourite hotels. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My sister got married in the Bridge house hotel and i have to say it was the best experience ever. on check we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who proceeded to explain our full package we had booked. beacuse we were wedding guests we also got a reduced rate for the 2 nights and and evening meal. rooms were fabulous and clean. the beds were lovely and comfortable.this hotel has a huge range of things going on.the main bar area seems to be very busy at all times, with live music with lots of locals passing in and out for lunch and dinner. my family said they will definalty stay here again, as it's so close to the town and just across from the cinema. the wedding meal ws simply fantastic, they offered a dessert course i think it was called a buffet, for this alone they would go back. compliments to the chef as we have never tasted anything like it.

Armagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I Woke Up, Got Into The Car And Started A 2 1/2 Journey To Tullamore, Co.Offaly, To Sleep Two Nights In The 4* Bridge House Hotel. The Pictures In The Brochure Looked Clean, And Amazing. I Arrived To A Shock, A New Extension Of The Hotel Was Not Finished, And A Terrible Ammount Of Builders Were Spilling Water, On The Ground, Outside The Hotel, It Was Easy To Slip And The Hotel Staff Couldn't Care. I Walked Into The Hotel, Beautiful Carpets, Staircases, And A Was Very Tacky, We Attempted To Check In And Were Told To Wait 15 Minutes, We Waited 15 Minutes To Get To The Room, And A New, Ignorant, Un-Mannered Lady, Said "Wait 45 Minutes, Got That?" So We Decided To Eat At A Beautiful, Tasty Fast Food Restaraunt Named SuperMacs, We Went Back To The Hotel, And The Room Still Wasent Ready And We Waited 15 Minutes, To Get To The Room, On The Way To The Room, The Walls And Pictures Had Some Holes And Notice Boards Had Huge Chunks Taken Out, I Was Very Angry And Shocked. I Got Into The Room, It Was Clean, Ugly. I Lay Down On The Bed And Nearly Vomited, I Felt Like I Was Having Motion Sickness, Or Sea Sick, The Bed Was So UNCOMFORTABLE THAT I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR. The Bath Had Dirty, BROWN WATER. The Swimming Pool Was Fantastic, Nothing To Critisise. The Restraunt Was Delicious, Old And Superb. The Location Was Full Of Shops And Opposite The Cinema And The Shopping Centre.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!