“Beautiful evening” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Irish, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy The Charleville Restaurant where you can have a taste of International and Irish cuisine or try the Balcone Italiano Restaurant which is home to an original blend of Italian and Irish dining options. We have been awarded more than 3 consecutive michelin guide recommendations- very well known in the local area- great food and service and reasonably priced
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff were lovely , the food was really tasty and well presented. The restaurant itself is very classy . I would defiantly go back .

Visited September 2013
Louise L, Manager at Charleville Restaurant Tullamore, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi,

We are really happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us! Hope to welcome you back soon!

Buckley, Washington
“Made our last night in Ireland a night to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My mother and all 7 of us adult kids had a blast in Ireland and we wanted our last night to be wonderful! Thanks to Bridge House restaurant it was amazing. I started with confit of duck
(heavenly!!!) for an appetizer and for my entrée I had a filet topped with my 1st ever pate de foie gras (the taste was sooo good, but I probably won't have it again just because I can't be sure they are raised humanely as possible)
We had various wines with dinner, and potatoes and every single thing about the dinner was superb.
Thank you Bridge House, for the delicious end to our amazing trip to your country!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to look after you and your family and we are delighted that you really enjoyed your last night and we where part of this memorable occasion!

Let us know the next time you decide to stop off in Ireland again, and we will be sure to look after you!

Galway, Ireland
“Horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Decor is lovely but food is dreadful..
After tasting the food in this restaurant I believe that the restaurant must buy frozen foods in and cook them from frozen.. I really find it hard to believe that any Professional trained Chef; cooked the so called slop that was served to me and I cant understand that a professional chef would send slop out to a paying customer...
Best part of the food was the lettuce and frozen brie which of course the "chefs" had no part in making...
The salmon was overcooked dry tarragon and lack of cream sauce with lumpy dry non seasoned mash potato. The carrots tasted of water no flavour.. Dessert was a baileys parfait which horrible was made by someone but was obviously made in a cake tin and sliced like a cake and slopped on to plate with shop bought meringues cream and watery chocolate sauce...Friend had the lamb which was tough she enjoyed the garlic potatoes though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Louise L, Manager at Charleville Restaurant Tullamore, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Macgalway,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us and thank you for giving us your feedback.

I can assure you that all our food is made fresh and we use mainly local produce. I have sent your feedback onto the head chef who will investigate further.

I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future to try our Balcone Italiano Restaurant again. If you decide to visit, please drop me a mail to marketing@bridgehouse.com.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Evening family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food was very good and ambience is very pleasant up on 1st flor in hotel. Service was friendly. Would definitely come back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meal in the Balcone Italiano Restaurant at The Bridge House Hotel.

We hope to see you back at the restaurant soon!

Newry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Food to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

excellent choice of food from menu, both for breakfast and dinner. well presented and enjoyable, served by pleasant staff

Visited August 2013
Hi,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.