“Returning after stay exhausted!” 3 of 5 stars

Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coolshanagh, Monaghan, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Monaghan
Belfast
“Returning after stay exhausted!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

i have just eturned from a weekend at the Four Seasons in Monaghan. It was to be an annual break away for me and my friends so we can chill and enjoy the facilites and do bit of Christmas shopping. We had purchased the break as a Groupon deal. On arrival we found the staff helpful and courteous. The food in the bar was of a good quality and reasonably priced. We were informed that our breakfast was not included which was a pity as I had noticed on their website that they had a deal that was better than what we had bought but carried on and paid the extra 10 Euro per head, the Avenue Resturant also had good food at a competitive price for the quality we received. Our biggest issue however was the noise in the Hotel- our ground floor room faced a function room across a courtyard. The function blasted music until after 1 am then when it finished there were drunks running up and down the hall kicking metal ashtrays, banging the doors and urinating outside our window. This went on all night! On checkout I paid my bill and then was asked if everything was ok-when i said no the pleaseant receptionist told me that it was a pity that I was returning home exhausted but I should have rang reception to complain.Generally I dont complain functionsare a hotels bread and butter and I dont want the hotel to think that I was complaining so I could receive a reduction but in all honestly empathy is not going to bring the customers back: I also left a detailed feedback sheet detailing the problems and have still not heard anything back. I am really disappointed by the hotels lack of customner care so I wont be returning or recommending this hotel to others!

Room Tip: As far away from the funtions rooms as possible..like Cavan!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4SeasonsMonaghan, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for your review we appreciate your feedback, we apologise sincerely; we have never had a compliant like this before and please be assured we will work to ensure this does not happen again. We will be in touch with you to further discuss your stay with us. Kind Regards, Majella Toner, Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for one night only with our two boys a 4 year old and 1 year old. Great facilities and friendly staff. Pool very nice and kids paddle pool also. Evening food is of a 5 star rating. Only slight negitive is that the room bathroom was bit dated and the shower in the bath was too strong and ended up soaking the floor after shower. Bit of investment needed here. We loved it and will be back soon. :-)

• Stayed October 2011
4SeasonsMonaghan, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will visit us again soon. I have informed our chef and staff of your wonderful praise for our food they thank you most sincerely. We shall look into your comments regarding the shower in your room and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Kind Regards, Majella Toner Manager.
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Myself and a friend stayed for 2 nights last weekend. The staff are excellent and very helpful.
When we arrived and checked in, went to room to discover it was a double bed, I had thought I had booked a Twin room. Rang reception and just had to wait 2 minutes for a change of room.The hotel is beautiful and food to die for. Although the hotel was fully booked the staff treated you as if you were the only one there. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and the leisure centre was fab. I will definately return to this beautiful place.
Breakfast was like dinner, kept us full all day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4seasonshotel, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
On behalf of the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan may I thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to write this. We hope you will visit our beautiful hotel again soon. Kind Regards, Majella Toner, Sales and Marketing Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Hotel was lovely, food lovely, staff lovely.

Although the wet-room was well modified for wheelchair users, I found it extremely difficult getting my wheelchair through the door frame - my wheelchair is a standard size!!

Walls were very thin & every noise from passing visitors could be clearly heard.

The above faults were disappointing but the good points outweigh the bad, & I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As I stated - the general layout of the hotel was wheelchair friendly, but door frames into bathroom...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4SeasonsMonaghan, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
We really appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel. Thank you for saying you would recommend the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan we are delighted. Please be assured that we will look into your concerns immediately and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Again we thank you for your review and for kindly saying you would recommend our hotel.
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

The room itself was fine, though the hotel has a slightly strange layout. The bathroom seemed clean but was definitely no-frills. (Bring your own conditioner and your own hair dryer.) This hotel would be fine for business travelers or those passing through.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Myself and my sister had booked in for a night away and had a really nice relaxing stay.The hotel rooms are comfortable,clean & have a great shower in the bathroom.Theres a nice leisure center with pool,steam & sauna room and outdoor hot tub for those brave enough!The staff were really lovely and helpful and couldn't do enough for you.We had a huge cooked breakfast the next morning which we really enjoyed.All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: sound is a problem with the connecting rooms.You can hear the person in next room talking clearly so...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review we really appreciate your kind comments. We hope to welcome you and your sister back to our hotel again very soon. Kind Regards, Majella Toner Manager, Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan.
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I booked and celebrated a hen night package at this hotel a few weeks ago. The staff couldn't have been nicer, they were great during the planning and on the day/night. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning an event of this sort! They took the stress right out of it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us. As we strive to provide excellent service your comments acknowledging this are very much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Majella Toner. Manager Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!